Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got a buddy who has leveled tons of characters to 80 bitting with the trust system.

Just turns it on at night and they chain run dungeons. Bots leveling with AI bots.

Doesn't effect players in any way shape or form and he gives us all the mini pets he collects while he sleeps.

I'm pretty anti cheat and I'd never do it myself but leveling a character while you sleep seems nice.
I don't bot them but I kinda afk through the dungeons on half the runs, just move to next pack every now and then. The bosses are annoying though, if you don't play tank, you kinda have to do them, not sure how your friend bots them. Like you get hit by too many stack vulns and just die to random mechanics, or they have stack mechanics so if you get targetted you die(well on some fights the trusts stack on you, in others they stack in a specific spot).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't bot them but I kinda afk through the dungeons on half the runs, just move to next pack every now and then. The bosses are annoying though, if you don't play tank, you kinda have to do them, not sure how your friend bots them. Like you get hit by too many stack vulns and just die to random mechanics, or they have stack mechanics so if you get targetted you die(well on some fights the trusts stack on you, in others they stack in a specific spot).

his bot does all the mechanics and runs through the dungeons

It also can do Level Queue with other people and MSQ but it's more of a risk.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
When I run the MSQ roulette I'm AFK most of it. You can ignore 95% of the mechanics and plus it's damn near impossible to die in them.

I dont bot either but if I ever do, it would be for leveling gathering and crafting jobs.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Leveling up is what keeps me glued to the game. It's like heroin.

Leveling and rep farming were the two things that kept me playing FFXIV back when it came out. Once I got max level on all my classes I went to work completing all the special grinds like exploring, rep grinds, relic weapons, etc. I took a break from the game when I ran out of content to grind, which admittedly took a while. I did the same for Heavensward. Almost all classes to max, geared them up, and even stuck around for all the raids to be released. Then I took a huge break. When Stormblood rolled around the game just didn't have the awe factor for me anymore, and most of my good friends had quit by then. I leveled SAM and quit almost immediately. Then I came back a couple of months before ShB release to do some catching up. I only maxed 3 or 4 characters out this time along with a few of my crafting and gathering jobs. ShB launched before I maxed all of them, which is good because I was pretty tired at that point.

Now I've done most of the ShB current content minus a few things that I'll probably be done with in a week or less. The only thing keeping me playing is leveling Paladin and the thought of running the couple of things I haven't completed yet. All in all, the majority of time I've been engaged while playing FFXIV has been during the leveling process. If I bought the level skip stuff, the amount of time I got out of the game would have been reduced drastically. I won't be sticking around for the content drip or tomestone grind this time. That part of the game I don't enjoy. There are only so many fc basement runway glamour fashion shows, daily roulettes and maps a person can take. I feel like I ended up playing this expansion like it was a single player game with benefits. Buy the expansion, become engrossed in the story and the music, exhaust the content mostly while solo and quit when I'm through it all.

If I'm going to be honest for a second, I've never felt like I fit in with the FFXIV community, and I'm terrible at pretending that I do. In all my hundreds of hours of playtime, I managed to find a single FC that I could stand the company of, and they all quit before Stormblood. I've joined 20+ FCs over the years, founded one and co-founded one. This will likely be my last FFXIV expansion for a few reasons that I don't want to go into here, but I'll definitely be watching from the sidelines to see what happens in the story, watch the boss videos, and to hear the amazing music. If they ever make another Final Fantasy MMORPG that isn't mobile, I'll be checking it out for certain.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
his bot does all the mechanics and runs through the dungeons

It also can do Level Queue with other people and MSQ but it's more of a risk.

Oh I see it's a real bot, thought it was like pseudo afk bot. Meh I enjoy the leveling process for the most part, I just don't like this trust lvling shit, once I'm done with these 2 chars leveling these guys I won't touch the others until they nerf xp/add a challenge log to it, shit takes too long, 12runs per dungeons is zzz.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh I see it's a real bot, thought it was like pseudo afk bot. Meh I enjoy the leveling process for the most part, I just don't like this trust lvling shit, once I'm done with these 2 chars leveling these guys I won't touch the others until they nerf xp/add a challenge log to it, shit takes too long, 12runs per dungeons is zzz.

Not to mention you can't level them all at once.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I bought everything non steam, and everything works now!

Now my problem is that I am level 60, I lots of skills and I don't know what anything does. Lots of icons saying I now have this and that, but ????

View attachment 213444

Need to fix ui.... What's the dragon icon thing and the one\two golden buttons that's on my screen now?

Hey I'm genuinely curious....if you LAUNCHED a non-steam version of the game, shouldn't you still be able to login with your mogstation account?

IE: if you were visitting family and they had a different version of the FFXIV launcher (steam/non-steam) wouldn't you be able to log in and play normally once the key situation is straightened out?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can appreciate SE's stance on ACT and how you shouldnt express how terrible some people are at the game. If we sat down and played the game one night and we're just chilling through a dungeon and some ass hat called my g/f out for being bad, I would hate to know what would really go through her mind. Playing games isnt something she normally does and I dont need that extra headache when we're not even doing content that requires elite skill level to complete. If she was a gamer girl and had been at this crap for years like many of us here, I know for a fact that she wouldnt give two shits about what some random person on the internet says.

I personally feel like botting in this particular game is kind of dumb. I have more than enough gil than I could ever spend, (Im not doing housing crap, fk that). I only play the classes I want to play and leveling them isnt some huge headache. I only gather what I need to level and for crafting and the same goes for crafting for leveling and outfitting. Botting through the MSQ is like purchasing a skip ticket, which for as little time as it really takes.. especially once you leave ARR.. Its dumb. I just have yet for the game to introduce me to a system that I would want to actively take the risk of getting banned for, just to bot it to completion. I would rather stab my eyes out than go Mining or Gathering in WoW, and I wont fault anyone for botting that.. but not this game, c'mon!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did the new raid last night. Was super fun. Revisiting some old friends brought back the member berries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

So element manifestation guesses:

Shiva: ysale riding an ice dragon?
Ifrit: lava nails all over lol
Ramuh: lightning plant person and the beard has teeth now

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can appreciate SE's stance on ACT and how you shouldnt express how terrible some people are at the game. If we sat down and played the game one night and we're just chilling through a dungeon and some ass hat called my g/f out for being bad, I would hate to know what would really go through her mind. Playing games isnt something she normally does and I dont need that extra headache when we're not even doing content that requires elite skill level to complete. If she was a gamer girl and had been at this crap for years like many of us here, I know for a fact that she wouldnt give two shits about what some random person on the internet says.

I personally feel like botting in this particular game is kind of dumb. I have more than enough gil than I could ever spend, (Im not doing housing crap, fk that). I only play the classes I want to play and leveling them isnt some huge headache. I only gather what I need to level and for crafting and the same goes for crafting for leveling and outfitting. Botting through the MSQ is like purchasing a skip ticket, which for as little time as it really takes.. especially once you leave ARR.. Its dumb. I just have yet for the game to introduce me to a system that I would want to actively take the risk of getting banned for, just to bot it to completion. I would rather stab my eyes out than go Mining or Gathering in WoW, and I wont fault anyone for botting that.. but not this game, c'mon!
There's a fine line between saying "we keep wiping and maybe it's your dps, can you try x,y,z" and " you shit cunt wtf is this horse shit quit the game and kill yourself"

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh shit I got the big fish starred collectible, I need to craft some gathering gear and get that shit done. 1990 white scrips per catch, need to catch a few of these fucks before the reset tomorrow. Ironically also got the first alchemy starred turn in at the same fucking time, so I'll try to get that done between fish windows. Wanted to hit 80 and be done with SAM/BLM/Trusts tomorrow but guess that'll be for later.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hey I'm genuinely curious....if you LAUNCHED a non-steam version of the game, shouldn't you still be able to login with your mogstation account?

IE: if you were visitting family and they had a different version of the FFXIV launcher (steam/non-steam) wouldn't you be able to log in and play normally once the key situation is straightened out?

I should think that the launcher would let you play once the keys were actually activated to your account. I tried downloading the non steam version last time, game launched with the game + expansion I had.

Now my account has original + heavensward bought through Steam and the two latest not bought through steam. Which according to Square shouldn't work since accounts should be either or.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
There's a fine line between saying "we keep wiping and maybe it's your dps, can you try x,y,z" and " you shit cunt wtf is this horse shit quit the game and kill yourself"

Then they say something stupid like "You don't pay my sub"

I was in an Eden group with me and another dancer, I dance my buddy who is a samurai then a few seconds later the other dance dances him.

I tell him hey he doesn't get the benefit of double standard finish we will get more dps if you dance with the monk.

He goes "no u" and proceeds to do tank tier DPS

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh shit I got the big fish starred collectible, I need to craft some gathering gear and get that shit done. 1990 white scrips per catch, need to catch a few of these fucks before the reset tomorrow. Ironically also got the first alchemy starred turn in at the same fucking time, so I'll try to get that done between fish windows. Wanted to hit 80 and be done with SAM/BLM/Trusts tomorrow but guess that'll be for later.
You should frankly be trying for the fish every window whether you have the turn-in or not because the weather (Clear skies only) is not common and it's still a Fish Eyes - Mooch 5% catch you need to HQ.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You should frankly be trying for the fish every window whether you have the turn-in or not because the weather (Clear skies only) is not common and it's still a Fish Eyes - Mooch 5% catch you need to HQ.
Oh didn't notice it had weird conditions. Made me check the tracker webpage though and seems it's updated with 5.0 so I'll just check that out to go fish it whenever. I'll try to get it tomorrow still but if I don't it's ok I'll stock a few for later, even not starred it should pay a good amount of scrips anyway.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Then they say something stupid like "You don't pay my sub"

I was in an Eden group with me and another dancer, I dance my buddy who is a samurai then a few seconds later the other dance dances him.

I tell him hey he doesn't get the benefit of double standard finish we will get more dps if you dance with the monk.

He goes "no u" and proceeds to do tank tier DPS

As a DRK player that routinely out DPSes Dancers, I find this offensive!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

My main issue with the ToS is that is is SO restrictive that 90% of the instances I am in are dead silent and IF I talk at all it usually causes a cascade effect of people laughing and having fun and I USUALLY get 2 commendations in a 4 man group.

My wife seems like she is in the same boat as your GF, super sensitive about shit said in games. I just laugh because usually the shit said is dead wrong OR it's cherrypicked. She had some dude call her out as she was playing her warlock alt in WoW and she forgot to soulstone someone (GOD FORBID!) in a normal dungeon run. They wipe and the healer (who apparently was a "Top tier raider" and was slumming with a buddy) tore into her and I'm just thinking, "Man that healer is talking a lot of shit for letting the party die..."

The ONLY time I got chewed out for something was in PotD because I didn't esuna someone a couple time, the tank...and they got all pissy about how I wasn't doing my job and I could get reported for it. The entire time I'm just laghign and basically causing them to go deeper and deeper into a pit of anger as they toe the line on what is and is not allowed to be said in the ToS. Bitch, you are in PotD as a tank...nothing here needs tanking...