Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have never had an issue getting full credit while dpsing. My only characters at 80 are the three healers. Nut Sacks are honestly kind of useless so I don't really do hunts but respond when someone in the FC asks for help.

It's likely you aren't pulling your weight (or at least what you could be doing for your groups to get credit easier) or not in a situation where there's so many people at the hunt the mob is dying so quickly that it actually requires a little effort for a full group of 8 players to get full credit.

Nuts buy combat materia, which for some reason people still pay decent gil for throughout the expansions. You also get poetics (gear for lower level classes, items required for old relics, port tickets, ventures, etc), goetia (440 gear, almost certainly materials come Tuesday morning to make new combat gear when the Master VII books are out), and chances at cluster drops which can be exchanged for combat materia (these are guaranteed drops on S ranks).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just do them b/c seals/poetics/etc is easiest way to gear, raise desynth, unlimited port tickets and ventures...it just makes everything easier.

Yeah I mean I know they're good for that I just don't need any of the things they're good for, poetics I'm done gearing all my alts in scaevan(hell most sets I've already desynthed/converted cause I've been lvling a lot of shit) and I have 2 animas worth of garbage but no will to actually go through the other steps, desynth GSM is capped and WVR is close enough to cap, I still have ALC because I'm retarded but not gonna bother putting effort into it, I have 3k ventures or some shit and I'm almost capped on allied seals again(and I don't even greed on dungeon gear anymore cause I can't be bothered going to limsa to turn them in) and port tickets are like the worst fucking thing, they're virtually worth peanuts but add a fucking click everytime you TP, last time I got some from an event I threw them away instead of using them.

So yeah haven't been doing hunts at all, I think I literally killed 3 so far and 2 of them were S ranks. They don't even have achievements like kill every A rank and every S rank anymore, now they're just kill x amount of them so that's also boring.

The guy who's always calling them is raving about how much money he's making though so it's cool for ppl doing it, just if I can't be bothered crafting for money I sure as hell aren't going to bother going to hunts.

Malakriss

FF14 follows a simple flowchart for any materials: 1) Is this immediately useful to me? -> 2) Will other people pay money for it? -> 3) Can I use / sell this for more later.

Gil isn't even a real "game" resource beyond repair and TP costs. It's entirely a player based one and we set the value of it through the market board, but you literally don't have to touch the MB at all to play the game.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
FF14 follows a simple flowchart for any materials: 1) Is this immediately useful to me? -> 2) Will other people pay money for it? -> 3) Can I use / sell this for more later.

Gil isn't even a real "game" resource beyond repair and TP costs. It's entirely a player based one and we set the value of it through the market board, but you literally don't have to touch the MB at all to play the game.

Yeah but you'll look like a trash can with out that Fresh Glam and mini pet.

1564179587670.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

The guy who's always calling them is raving about how much money he's making though so it's cool for ppl doing it, just if I can't be bothered crafting for money I sure as hell aren't going to bother going to hunts.

Wonder how much he's selling combat materia for. I've been holding on to some figuring prices will jump Tuesday as people go nuts trying to overmeld crafted gear.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Re-subbed again like an idiot. Picked the wrong class to start with (You would think the summoner would be the pet class not the fucking arcanist).

Why the fuck wouldn't you tell your players what the class becomes when you select them. Why do I have to do research prior to playing the fucking game. So annoying.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Re-subbed again like an idiot. Picked the wrong class to start with (You would think the summoner would be the pet class not the fucking arcanist).

Why the fuck wouldn't you tell your players what the class becomes when you select them. Why do I have to do research prior to playing the fucking game. So annoying.
Arcanist is the base class of the Summoner job class. It's also the only one that levels two jobs at the same time for free (Summoner + Scholar). Your post seems contradictory.

Hekotat

Arcanist is the base class of the Summoner job class. It's also the only one that levels two jobs at the same time for free (Summoner + Scholar). Your post seems contradictory.

Maybe it was conjurer that I assumed was the summoner. Regardless, it was not what I wanted to play. Having to reference shit on the internet in order to play what you want is retarded.

• 2Picard
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe it was conjurer that I assumed was the summoner. Regardless, it was not what I wanted to play. Having to reference shit on the internet in order to play what you want is retarded.
I mean, Conjurer starts with heals, and Arcanist starts with a pet. If you want to play Summoner, it should be pretty obvious which one is going to become summoner? It's also weird you'd not know which one becomes summoner and your initial reaction instead of alt tabbing and typing 3words in google would be to just pick one and wing it, hoping you made the right call. Like, uh? I just can't comprehend how someone would do that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

I mean, Conjurer starts with heals, and Arcanist starts with a pet. If you want to play Summoner, it should be pretty obvious which one is going to become summoner? It's also weird you'd not know which one becomes summoner and your initial reaction instead of alt tabbing and typing 3words in google would be to just pick one and wing it, hoping you made the right call. Like, uh? I just can't comprehend how someone would do that.

What dipshit company or fanboy thinks that is a good idea to make a new player research what classes do before getting into the game? A competent non-retarded idea would be to PUT THE FUCKING INFORMATION ON THE CHARACTER CREATION MENUS. Anyone that defends this has to be retarded. Maybe in FF15 you will have to charter a Virgin Galactic flight to the moon in order to find out what class you actually want to play.

And I didn't want to play a fucking summoner or healer.

• 3Picard
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's likely you aren't pulling your weight (or at least what you could be doing for your groups to get credit easier) or not in a situation where there's so many people at the hunt the mob is dying so quickly that it actually requires a little effort for a full group of 8 players to get full credit.

Nuts buy combat materia, which for some reason people still pay decent gil for throughout the expansions. You also get poetics (gear for lower level classes, items required for old relics, port tickets, ventures, etc), goetia (440 gear, almost certainly materials come Tuesday morning to make new combat gear when the Master VII books are out), and chances at cluster drops which can be exchanged for combat materia (these are guaranteed drops on S ranks).
None of those things are real useful to me. I've got full Goetia gear on two different specs (healer and caster) already and the healer gear has all already been replaced except the WHM and AST weapons, more materia then I can handle and since I'm a healer I have tons of clusters. I also rarely see competition for the hunts when I go so I guess that's the deal? *shrug*

Hekotat Hekotat - I agree that it's awful. Also shouldn't the conjurer be the one who summons pets?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing RDM in PotD while waiting on Savage, class is pretty fun. Can't really stand BLM or SMN so it's a refreshing change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

None of those things are real useful to me. I've got full Goetia gear on two different specs (healer and caster) already and the healer gear has all already been replaced except the WHM and AST weapons, more materia then I can handle and since I'm a healer I have tons of clusters. I also rarely see competition for the hunts when I go so I guess that's the deal? *shrug*

Hekotat Hekotat - I agree that it's awful. Also shouldn't the conjurer be the one who summons pets?

Yeah at this point I keep having to spend Goetia so it doesn't cap. Almost wish they had already put the mats in that will cost goetia come Tuesday, but instead I have about 4 classes and a few retainers worth of gear.

A ranks have been a little dead in general even on Gilg, except when scouting is done to train all 6 zones (and all 3 instances of each zone). Then we get 100+ players moving from zone to zone, each A rank including travel time and instance swapping probably is about 2 minutes tops. When there is that much overall damage they just melt, and a WHM spamming Glare instead of group heals is next to worthless since the entire point is to get max credit.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What dipshit company or fanboy thinks that is a good idea to make a new player research what classes do before getting into the game? A competent non-retarded idea would be to PUT THE FUCKING INFORMATION ON THE CHARACTER CREATION MENUS. Anyone that defends this has to be retarded. Maybe in FF15 you will have to charter a Virgin Galactic flight to the moon in order to find out what class you actually want to play.

I think you might be retarded. Clicking the job button shows your character in the job equipment, as well as the flavour text for Arcanist literally mentioning summoning.

I also don't really understand why you're so fucking angry when you can change jobs in game freely? Oh no you'll have to play a few hours as a healing class before you get free access to use any class you want, how will you ever survive????

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It just baffles me that you would be confused on the character screen, even though the job armor should be pretty explanatory but you might have missed that on the screen, and the descriptions are somewhat vague especially for conjurer although thaumaturge specifies destructive energy and arcanist mentions summoning Carbuncle, and then you'd just pick whatever instead of checking it on google/official site. It's like you're driving somewhere you don't know, but instead of checking the GPS or your phone, you just take random turns and hope you get there anyway and then complain there weren't signs. I didn't say that it's good there's no signs, it should probably be displayed better sure, but like, why would you keep driving, just check your phone? Doesn't that sound like the most obvious logical thing to do.

Merrith

and the descriptions are somewhat vague especially for conjurer

SsmNBeB.png

That's literally the 2nd line from the intro quest for Conjurers. "healing and protection". I know you're being nice to that person above, but it isn't that vague.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
SsmNBeB.png

That's literally the 2nd line from the intro quest for Conjurers. "healing and protection". I know you're being nice to that person above, but it isn't that vague.
On the character screen it's really vague. Obviously once you start ingame you can just check your skills and see you have a bunch of heals, but the description on the char screen is all about weaving aether and shit and honestly could be about anything, it doesn't mention healing, curing, supporting or anything like this. They should just put some little icons for Tank/Healer/Magic DPS/Melee DPS/Ranged DPS, the same shit they do ingame. The THM description sounds a lot more like an actual mage, talking about destruction and sorcery, and the arcanist description is really obvious since it mentions summoning Carbuncle.

I could see someone getting confused, I just don't get why you'd start the character then start leveling or whatever, without taking 15seconds to google it or asking someone about it. I mean I know it's not everyone but fuck if I'm going to make any semi important choice for my character in any game without looking up what it does first.

Merrith

That's pretty much why they have the little intro quests at the Guild Receptionist/when you first talk to the Guild leader. Pretty sure the arcanist guild leader talks about how the arcane formula allows you to summon Carbunkle as part of the initial class quest for arcanist.