Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
How do you get ventures for your retainers? I got a couple from quests I think but I don’t know what’s the best place to get them after that. Also, what classes should they be to be most useful?
Yeah GC seals. You can turn in greens for GC seals so ventures are pretty much free.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had extreme flashbacks to wow with how much I constantly had to recruit new people so I quit the waifu pillow static. Kay, janx, and lowball are really good if anyone needs them. The other people can die in a fire quite literally.

Gonna enjoy the pug life and probably level up some dps

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I had extreme flashbacks to wow with how much I constantly had to recruit new people so I quit the waifu pillow static. Kay, janx, and lowball are really good if anyone needs them. The other people can die in a fire quite literally.

Gonna enjoy the pug life and probably level up some dps
That's what I been doing. Less stress imo. Puglife or Nolife.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I burned out of raid leading during Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. I did some raiding in Mist of Panderia, but mostly haven't raided in any serious manner since then.

I'm filthy casual now, it was either that or totally burn out of MMO. I'm older now, and simply don't have the patience for it. I now play these to relax, and raiding is too much effort. :)

I'm happy with FF14 since it offers so much outside of raiding.

I'm still decorating my house, slowly crafting stuff as I decide what I'm going for thematically. I'm not doing anything flashy with it, mostly trying to make it look like a house where someone would live in, a bedroom, a living room, kitchen etc. I love being able to preview items now, such a nice feature.

Since I'm not buying anything, I have to go farm Haukke Manor for some crafting ingredients for some stuff I want to craft.

I'm such a casual player that aside from the blue gear you get at 80, I'm still in quest gear for the right side, no Goetia or Phantasmagoria gear yet. I do have tomes for some gear, but haven't bothered yet. Mostly using my Goetia for crafting materials. :)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so hit 50. Yesterday did my first Full party. That boss went down like a bag of bricks in 23 seconds. (I take full credit)

About to wrap up the first part of the MSQ I believe. I now have the expansions on PS4. Have not purchased yet on PC. I might just go full PS4 for now since I have a keyboard and mouse track pad for my couch and the controller layout is now in my muscle memory for my BLM rotation: Does this sound about right?

Open with Fire 3, Fire 1 on single, Fire 2 on multiple, and I might throw a thunder in there. When low on mana, Blizzard 3, refresh Thunder, Fire 3, repeat. When running to the next area, I transpose to top off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ok so hit 50. Yesterday did my first Full party. That boss went down like a bag of bricks in 23 seconds. (I take full credit)

About to wrap up the first part of the MSQ I believe. I now have the expansions on PS4. Have not purchased yet on PC. I might just go full PS4 for now since I have a keyboard and mouse track pad for my couch and the controller layout is now in my muscle memory for my BLM rotation: Does this sound about right?

Open with Fire 3, Fire 1 on single, Fire 2 on multiple, and I might throw a thunder in there. When low on mana, Blizzard 3, refresh Thunder, Fire 3, repeat. When running to the next area, I transpose to top off.
You generally want to keep thunder for the ice phase if it eats an additional fire cast but not sure how that lines up at lower levels. Yeah that's about it, make sure to do your job quest to get Flare too for aoe, at the end of your mp bar, use flare then transpose > bliz III. Later you'll just be replacing Fire II with just Flares(once you get a trait that makes Flare not consume your entire mp bar if you have a frost buff you get at that lvl too). The rotation will change once you hit 60 however, once you get Fire IV it's when shit gets serious(also big booms everywhere instead of puny fireballs).

You're about to enter the shitfest that's post ARR MSQ however, so might want to get some shit to watch on the sides while you grind through 2.1 to 2.4 stuff. After that it gets ok and then Heavensward starts and a lot of that shit is more streamlined, less filler quests, less fetch shit, more story, more cutscenes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Playing blm now a bit. Almost 72. Interesting playstyle for sure. Nice balance system

I suck ass at aoe though. I guess to be better id blow cooldowns to extend flare casting but i always forget

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You generally want to keep thunder for the ice phase if it eats an additional fire cast but not sure how that lines up at lower levels. Yeah that's about it, make sure to do your job quest to get Flare too for aoe, at the end of your mp bar, use flare then transpose > bliz III. Later you'll just be replacing Fire II with just Flares(once you get a trait that makes Flare not consume your entire mp bar if you have a frost buff you get at that lvl too). The rotation will change once you hit 60 however, once you get Fire IV it's when shit gets serious(also big booms everywhere instead of puny fireballs).

You're about to enter the shitfest that's post ARR MSQ however, so might want to get some shit to watch on the sides while you grind through 2.1 to 2.4 stuff. After that it gets ok and then Heavensward starts and a lot of that shit is more streamlined, less filler quests, less fetch shit, more story, more cutscenes.

Awesome. Yeah I heard about the post MSQ for ARR. Hopefully it doesn't drive me nuts. They say it's about 100 quests but at least I do not need to worry about being red marked and having to get a level first to just blow through them.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found a static that does 3 hours a week with expected completion of savage by the time the next one comes out. It's been nice putting in minimal effort and just enjoying raiding.

Finding a static is easy since it's data center and between the discords and Reddit there are tons looking for people.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Playing blm now a bit. Almost 72. Interesting playstyle for sure. Nice balance system

I suck ass at aoe though. I guess to be better id blow cooldowns to extend flare casting but i always forget
Aoe at 68+ is really easy. The simple version is, at 5+ mobs, you Freeze > T4/Foul > Flare > Flare repeat. At less than 5, do a Fire III before the Flares. Triple cast Flares, use the cooldown to get mp back for a 3rd flare with that, use Sharpcast on T4(especially during the pulling, I usually sharpcast > T4 the first pack as the tank runs to the next pack, then instant T4 when he gets there to get it on everything, and then just sharpcast whenever). For the T4/Foul, can be either, or both, you T4 if it needs refreshed and Foul if you're about to cap/want more burst to finish shit off. You can start your fire phase after a single tick it's enough mp to double flare anyway. Lots of small things, but just doing the basic 4spell rotation will yield stupid aoe damage, and it's really simple to do.

Edit: Oh actually that's at 72+. At 68-71, you have to transpose after flares cause you can't freeze right away, but same thing really.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's basically what I do and it doesn't seem stupid damage yet, but I am pretty new to the class
Hmm might do more dmg at 72 when you can freeze from 0MP and don't have to wait for the tick. Mind you good players on other classes will do similar damage too, my MNK can pull pretty similar numbers to my BLM after the changes, but BLM is just pretty easy to do, and has huge burst so you can dump a bunch of Fouls into a pack and melt it faster. Try to target something in the middle though, depending on the size of the pack, your aoes might not be reaching everything. Oh and always use T4 when it procs forgot about that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hmm might do more dmg at 72 when you can freeze from 0MP and don't have to wait for the tick. Mind you good players on other classes will do similar damage too, my MNK can pull pretty similar numbers to my BLM after the changes, but BLM is just pretty easy to do, and has huge burst so you can dump a bunch of Fouls into a pack and melt it faster. Try to target something in the middle though, depending on the size of the pack, your aoes might not be reaching everything. Oh and always use T4 when it procs forgot about that.
Cool thanks. Definitely noticed the aoe size is.smaller than expected. Thunder usage I wasn't sure on, but the guide did mention always cast t4 on proc.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Awesome. Yeah I heard about the post MSQ for ARR. Hopefully it doesn't drive me nuts. They say it's about 100 quests but at least I do not need to worry about being red marked and having to get a level first to just blow through them.
I found it easier for me to go out on the wiki, and read up on the quests first. Then I just clicked through the text dialogue in game with out having to read any of it. Made it faster.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I burned out of raid leading during Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King.

I'm assuming you did some raid leading prior to that, as well...hopefully the easiest raid ever wasn't the only thing that turned you away from raid leading.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming you did some raid leading prior to that, as well...hopefully the easiest raid ever wasn't the only thing that turned you away from raid leading.

I raided since Lady Vox and Nagafen in EQ1, and through most of WoW up to Naxx. It wasn't the difficulty of the content that turned me away from raid leading, it was all the crap that came with it...to be succinct it was the people and their drama. :)

As I got older, I got less tolerant of the BS, and realized I didn't need a 2nd job or the stress, and went back to just being a hobby that I do to relax and have fun.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You guys weren’t kidding post ARR msq to heavens. If I have to go get more tea ingredients for these hookers pray I don’t jam waking sands up their asses and join the imps.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Played this for a while back in HW and I absolutely friggen LOVED it. Stopped just before/around AN launch for reasons. How has the game evolved since then? Still hoppin? How's the new xpac?