Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So I am about ready to hit 50. A few questions:

1) I am going to be purchasing the expansions. Should I do that immediately when I hit 50? I am guessing that's a good idea and no brainer because I can level through the Pre-Heavensword MSQ patch content.

2) Does the MSQ lead me to a raid to tie up the story stuff?
1st off, zero spoilers here, so I can't go in to any kind of detail what so ever... so, this might be unhelpful lol. But...

You will run in to raids so to speak (8 man). The raids and cut scenes (especially the cut scenes) tell the story better than any MMORPG you have ever played before... hands down... end of story ... .holy shit... buckle your seat belt and hold on for dear life son.

There is a little over 100 MSQ quests between the end of ARR and the start of Heavensward. At the end of those quests, prepare yourself for about 1 hour of enjoyment. One of the cut scenes is about 45 minutes long. Pop some popcorn and kick back. It's amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Keep in mind that if you hit 50 without expansions you will not gain any experience and will stay 50. I doubt that matters much but I felt bad wasting exp and bought everything as soon as I hit 50.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thanks all I'll pick it up. Also going to have to pick it up on my PC though too so I can play on both platforms.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Keep in mind that if you hit 50 without expansions you will not gain any experience and will stay 50. I doubt that matters much but I felt bad wasting exp and bought everything as soon as I hit 50.
This is just like how I did it! Gil (and random stuff) onry for level 50 post 2.0. Back in the day, we didn't even get i90 job gear for our Lv 50 quests!
So I am about ready to hit 50. A few questions:

1) I am going to be purchasing the expansions. Should I do that immediately when I hit 50? I am guessing that's a good idea and no brainer because I can level through the Pre-Heavensword MSQ patch content.

2) Does the MSQ lead me to a raid to tie up the story stuff?
1. This is up to you. If you don't want to outlevel the Heavensward content quickly, then no. However, the issue will surface because buying the expansions is an all-for-one-price kind of deal, so you'll eventually be 60+ by the time you finish Heavensward's 3.1-3.5 MSQ, and so on.

2. Not really. The raids are all technically side content. The Binding Coil of Bahamut directly ties into the 2.x MSQ because it goes into "What happened after Bahamut wrecked the continent?" and ties up that story thread. The 3.x raid will be introduced in the finale of Heavensward's content, but it doesn't affect the 3.1-3.5 MSQ at all. Similarly, you get the same with the 4.x raid. The 5.x raid is a bit more relevant to the MSQ for reasons that will be apparent, but it's still not part of the MSQ or required to complete it (so far as we know, but I doubt it'll be mandatory for 5.1-5.5).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For people who asked about craft leveling here's some leve info someone put out there

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
How do you get ventures for your retainers? I got a couple from quests I think but I don’t know what’s the best place to get them after that. Also, what classes should they be to be most useful?
Turn in greens from dungeons to your GC and buy ventures. Classes doesn't really matter- they all have a pet they can find during a venture that 50 that CAN sell for a decent amount, but those prices get lower all the time. Fat Cat from FSH seems popular tho. FSH leveling is oof though. Just use a class that you are already leveling or have leveled- so you can hand me down gear to them.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I looked at purchasing a home, so I could do the gardening thing for shards... and, the plots that I found available were 3 million gil and up. That's not going to happen lol. I have 600,000 gil to my name.

Can you do the gardening thing with the apartments if I get one of them?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I looked at purchasing a home, so I could do the gardening thing for shards... and, the plots that I found available were 3 million gil and up. That's not going to happen lol. I have 600,000 gil to my name.

You get a small indoor garden thing if I remember.

Your best bet is to join a FC with a house and use their garden.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

You can have 2 flowerpots in your apartment to do gardening compare to 8 in a garden. So you won't be getting that many shards each day.

While not needed for shards, you also cannot crossbreed with flowerpots.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
You get a small indoor garden thing if I remember.

Your best bet is to join a FC with a house and use their garden.
Hmmm... I'll have to check with my FC to see about using the garden then.

I had thought about buying a room at my FC house, but everything I read online said not to do that because if the FC kicks you out or folds, your house is gone.

I wouldn't normally worry about that because I don't do anything that would ever lead to me getting kicked out, but the last FC I was in literally did fold because the leader got upset with some of the members (not me lol) and said he was done. So, it happens.

I actually gave consideration to starting my own FC after that one folded just so I would know that the only way it would go away is if I was the one to cause it, but I have no idea what it takes to start and maintain a FC. I'm sure there has to be some monetary cost in there that my 600,000 gil isn't going to cover.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
sunic.jpg

Kay

Golden Squire
You're in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriends ass, what do you do
I think that guy was in an episode of CSI. Pretty sure he ended up dead.
Edit: like seriously, I remember an old old episode that involved a blue furry.

• 1Like