Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just found out last night equipment sets aren't stored server side. I installed the game on my laptop, and none of them where there. I guess I need to copy over some .ini file or something.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Why is it that I was able to max my Paladin quests right away, and get the ilvl 90 level 50 armor, but every other class seems to require massive MSQ progress? Is Paladin uniquely the only one that just lets you do it all right away or something?
Every original ARR class/job should get a set of gear with ilvl 90 at 50. What class are you talking about?

Are those easily respeccable? Should I basically spec it into dps? How does it level etc.
They are respeccable with an item buyable with GC or allied seals. The way I plan to do it: first four to healer for the direct heal, then rest into dps.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I need to copy over some .ini file or something.
Documents Folder -> My Games -> FFXIV, but there is also a backup button on the character select screen.

EDIT: Oh, and there is an option in the launcher. I LOLed when I saw this:

xivsettings.jpg

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Every original ARR class/job should get a set of gear with ilvl 90 at 50. What class are you talking about?

They are respeccable with an item buyable with GC or allied seals. The way I plan to do it: first four to healer for the direct heal, then rest into dps.

Summoner specifically won't let me continue on to get the ilvl90 armor. I got the level 45 armor, but even that required more MSQ progress than the Paladin level 45/50 armor. And it looks like it's the same thing with Scholar too. Can't accept the next quests till more MSQ is done, whereas I did the paladin stuff ages ago.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I just found out last night equipment sets aren't stored server side. I installed the game on my laptop, and none of them where there. I guess I need to copy over some .ini file or something.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's an option at character select to choose to put interface config on server side.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Summoner specifically won't let me continue on to get the ilvl90 armor. I got the level 45 armor, but even that required more MSQ progress than the Paladin level 45/50 armor. And it looks like it's the same thing with Scholar too.
That may be a special case, because if I remember correctly, Scholar and Summoner are linked, and you need unlocked trials for the class quests. Level 45 was Howling Eye?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Summoner specifically won't let me continue on to get the ilvl90 armor. I got the level 45 armor, but even that required more MSQ progress than the Paladin level 45/50 armor. And it looks like it's the same thing with Scholar too. Can't accept the next quests till more MSQ is done, whereas I did the paladin stuff ages ago.
I think Its because they are level 50 quests that assume you have done all the MSQ anyway, since you are doing level 50 quests. And generally when they have this requirement, it is because the class quest will reference the MSQ, especially summoner who plays into the fact that you have fought the Eikons.

I ran into one of the poetics vendors. Are there more of them and/or is there like some recommended way to spend them? Or should I just buy gear I see that I need?

There are poetics vendors for level 50 gear in each major city + Mor Dhona, level 60 gear will be in Idylshire and level 70 gear will be in Rhalgar's Reach. Just buy the highest iLevel stuff (each expansion has 3 tiers of max level tomestone gear, all of which gets converted to poetics at the start of the subsequent expansion). You can buy the lower iLevel stuff for glams if you like how it looks

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I saw another Paladin that was only level 45, but was wearing the level 50 armor? How does that work? I inspected them and it looked like it was the actual armor, and not a glamour?

Araxen

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's an option at character select to choose to put interface config on server side.

I forgot about that option on the character select. You would think it would just do it automatically.

Araxen

I'm definitely going to setup up those job buttons she has in the video. That's hella useful!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

For those of you reaching the item level blocks in the MSQ - You dont necessarily have to grind your dailies. As you level, you have the tomestone routes available, with tier gear etc. But you can always check on crafted stuff, raids etc. That are sometimes, at least in my opinion, easier to farm than sitting semi afk for an hour in Praetorium or something else.

I dont necessarily play a lot towards the middle of an expansion, so I was behind the ilvl 490 check by a small amount. The route there is Exarchic Crafted gear, which is just a time based gathering legendary node for an equipped crafter to make (my crafters can, why I mentioned it). The next is just farming Eden normal mode for the gear drops for 510, which is plenty easy since most people will leave that shit for the last person to collect. There is no longer a weekly CD on that stuff. Then you can go towards Augmented gear, while you farm Android Gear that "is" on a weekly CD. That'll drop coins to save for your Diamond Weapon after your Eden Weapon. You can also farm nuts at this point to get your upgrade materials. Then you're basically in Southern Front. (Im in these last two steps currently.)

Malkav

French Madman
For those of you reaching the item level blocks in the MSQ - You dont necessarily have to grind your dailies. As you level, you have the tomestone routes available, with tier gear etc. But you can always check on crafted stuff, raids etc. That are sometimes, at least in my opinion, easier to farm than sitting semi afk for an hour in Praetorium or something else.

I dont necessarily play a lot towards the middle of an expansion, so I was behind the ilvl 490 check by a small amount. The route there is Exarchic Crafted gear, which is just a time based gathering legendary node for an equipped crafter to make (my crafters can, why I mentioned it). The next is just farming Eden normal mode for the gear drops for 510, which is plenty easy since most people will leave that shit for the last person to collect. There is no longer a weekly CD on that stuff. Then you can go towards Augmented gear, while you farm Android Gear that "is" on a weekly CD. That'll drop coins to save for your Diamond Weapon after your Eden Weapon. You can also farm nuts at this point to get your upgrade materials. Then you're basically in Southern Front. (Im in these last two steps currently.)
They will probably remove weekly limits and double the weekly tomestones cap on the next small patch as they usually do anyway.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Might be a silly question, but where does the quest line start to access the Nier raid stuff? I apparently just haven't found this yet.

Daidraco

Think you end up getting the quest when you start doing the Dwarf Beast Tribe quest Prequest, right?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why in the world do they do silly shit like have an ability called Energy Drain on Summoner that generates Aetherflow, and the same exact ability on Scholar that spends Aetherflow. Fucks up all your brain hotkeys. I want Energy Drain / Aetherflow generator on F, but then it makes no sense that way from this class to that.

Also my god it is dumb that when you spec into a main class, it re arranges your entire hot bar, despite nothing really changing except maybe the addition or subtraction of 1 or 2 abilities. Who coded that in lmao? Like what was their logic?

Just ran into someone with the creepiest glamour/skin whatever. They looked like a little girl at a beauty pageant, but they had fake nails and high heels and their name was "Little Toes". I almost puked.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For energy drain, they reworked summoner so they changed it, it used to be the same. They didn't change the name though for whatever reason. It's one of the longstanding issue with SMN/SCH sharing their main class and being weird like that.

For job bars, simply copy. Iirc but needs checking, /hotbar copy XXX YYY z, where XXX is the class you start from(like CNJ for conjurer or MRD for marauder), YYY is the class you want to copy to(like WHM or WAR) and z is the number of the bar(so bar 1 is 1 etc). The classes just have different bars than the jobs, not sure why but that's how it is, it's actually useful too cause you can use class bars as buffers to store bars setup when doing finnicky stuff, like BLU bar switching(although I believe they added the ability to save bar state to the presets last patch so might not be necessary anymore, but otherwise was definitely a thing using macros to switch bars when you switched specs on blue mage).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What controls access to the poetic vendors past level 50? I'm capped on them again but can't seem to find anywhere to buy level 60 gear, so I've just been blowing them on more sets of level 50 stuff for various jobs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What controls access to the poetic vendors past level 50? I'm capped on them again but can't seem to find anywhere to buy level 60 gear, so I've just been blowing them on more sets of level 50 stuff for various jobs.
Story progress pretty sure? Like for 60 you need access to Idylshire, maybe even finishing 3.0 msq not too sure and same for other expansions.