Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wait so if I'm at 2k poetics, and I just gained access to Ishgard, I should still spend my poetics because I still have a long ways to go before I can spend them on level 60 gear? I thought someone mentioned once I got the aetheryte here I'd be able to buy them, but someone in zone chat said I still have a while. Maybe I misread tho. I was saving them because there's no real upgrades, but obviously I'm doing all my roulettes every day so I'll spend em if I can't access the 60 gear for a bit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Attachments

• ffxiv_23062021_155928_511.jpg
    ffxiv_23062021_155928_511.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 45

Cybsled

Wait so if I'm at 2k poetics, and I just gained access to Ishgard, I should still spend my poetics because I still have a long ways to go before I can spend them on level 60 gear? I thought someone mentioned once I got the aetheryte here I'd be able to buy them, but someone in zone chat said I still have a while. Maybe I misread tho. I was saving them because there's no real upgrades, but obviously I'm doing all my roulettes every day so I'll spend em if I can't access the 60 gear for a bit.

Buy gear for off jobs or you can buy the ore/shell shit you can trade for soil used for gardening cross breeds.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got a full set of Poetics between lv60 and lv70, just spend them on some nice looking lv50 gear.

If you are outlevelling the content, raise another job and do two at once.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Buy gear for off jobs or you can buy the ore/shell shit you can trade for soil used for gardening cross breeds.
What are the good ingredients to buy to sell on the marketboard?

I got a full set of Poetics between lv60 and lv70, just spend them on some nice looking lv50 gear.

If you are outlevelling the content, raise another job and do two at once.
I'm doing Pal/Scholar at the moment. Trying to decide on a third, but they keep throwing new classes at me so it's slow going. Pal/Scholar are 60/61. Been learning red mage when I can, so probably that. But I keep reading about how AST is top tier and I've really been into healing with Scholar, so might have to abandon Scholar for AST now that I can get it.

I like this Dark Knight motto so far. Annoying it starts at 30. All the tanks seem to play the exact same.

Last edited:

Cybsled

What are the good ingredients to buy to sell on the marketboard?

For poetics? That is going to hinge a lot on what xpac you’re on.

Soils you can get a few thousand per soil usually. Other crafting stuff will depend if it is recent xpac or not. HW and SB crafting stuff won’t be as in demand as ShB

bolok

Trakanon Raider
For poetics? That is going to hinge a lot on what xpac you’re on.

Soils you can get a few thousand per soil usually. Other crafting stuff will depend if it is recent xpac or not. HW and SB crafting stuff won’t be as in demand as ShB
Someone posted a reddit thread with suggestions to spend poetics on a couple pages back, but it's really going to depend on your server.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I wonder of it is the same as i described , but these are like... mining alts or bots. Only signing in during windows

Wait till you start doing Ephermeal Nodes, they are not bots it's just ppl who only gather shit for either personal crafters or for FC crafters(Most of that stuff is all used for FC Airships/Subs)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ever seen Dawon die in 48/48 castrum before the Lyon group could finish up top? I have now. Ridiculous.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just reinstalled, haven’t loaded up since 2014. I can’t imagine how much shit I’ll have to plow through. Do we still have a FC/GC/LS whatever it’s called on Gilg? I remember we started somewhere else ages ago before the transfer to Gilg. If so, please let me know. I assume ISIS is long gone (for shame)?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ever seen Dawon die in 48/48 castrum before the Lyon group could finish up top? I have now. Ridiculous.

God yes it is funny as shit, we steamrolled Saru(The Pyromancer) spent about 3mins waiting for the group too kill the multi-boss at the start, still got the ever elusive 3rd chest though :D

Also helps that Castrum is dropping more essence shards. now ppl will use them. That has been the biggest issue ppl don't want too pop them for normal use, they just wanna save them for DR:S(which is pointless cause you want the Pure Essences for that anyway, ya know the ones labeled only works in "DR")

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I play a Lalafell purely to annoy those that don't like them! :p

So, seems like I am up to the Ravana fight in the MSQ, but having not played for several years, I didn't want to queue for that as the PAL and be expected to tank/know the fight. So went and unlocked SAM instead. How are SAM's? good?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play a Lalafell purely to annoy those that don't like them! :p

So, seems like I am up to the Ravana fight in the MSQ, but having not played for several years, I didn't want to queue for that as the PAL and be expected to tank/know the fight. So went and unlocked SAM instead. How are SAM's? good?

More complex than DNC or RDM but less positionally painful than MNK. They look cool though so that's nice.

The ceiling for expectation is much lower on deeps than tank or healer so while you might get shouted at for repeated deaths it's still a more forgiving way to discover and learn new encounters.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Also for trials there are always two tanks, one of them twiddling his thumbs because barely any of them need an offtank. You can hope the other will MT.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing a Marauder because I like dat Axe. About to hit level 30 and I am leveling cooking and fishing because I wanted to check out the professions. The ease of trading out jobs is honestly really god damn cool. I toured the player housing but since housing is severely restricted it sounds like getting your own player house is a huge PITA. Oh well, problem for another day.

Looking to pick up Astrologian and Machinist later but otherwise taking my sweet time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Going from finally being able to fly to not being able to fly truly sucks massive dick. I really don't understand what is so op about flying. It just makes the game way more fun. Unless I can climb walls ala breath of the wild, fuck that. If you give me botw climbing, sure, I can live with it, particularly if you give me a decent sprint, but ugh, without it?

I'm playing a Marauder because I like dat Axe. About to hit level 30 and I am leveling cooking and fishing because I wanted to check out the professions. The ease of trading out jobs is honestly really god damn cool. I toured the player housing but since housing is severely restricted it sounds like getting your own player house is a huge PITA. Oh well, problem for another day.

Looking to pick up Astrologian and Machinist later but otherwise taking my sweet time.
Are you playing on a double exp server? You'll probably wanna pick up another main class or two. You have a long ass time before you can unlock Machinist/Astrologian and unfortunately they both start at level 30 even though by the time you get them you'll be 50+++.

Imo, avoid side quests for the sake of your sanity. ARR is basically one giant side quest itself.

Last edited: