Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
Lol doing this level 50ish Mining quest that requires unspoiled vein at 1am in Coerthas Highlands. I'm waiting around, clock strikes 1am and I see the unspoiled vein appear and literally, out of thin air, 10 other people appear and are mining it. Wtf? I know people keep track of those, but, what? They came out of nowhere, literally right at 1am the moment it spawned?

What's the darksteel ore for, anyways?

It's just weird. People staggering in, sure, but that many people instantly appearing as soon as it spawned???
there are tools players use. one of them is called teamcraft. you can tell teamcraft (an app or website) you want a particular resource and it'll alert you when the window for it to open is available.

i use that to great effect on fishing. 'only show up' to fish something that turns in for lots of scrip (tokens you use to buy fancy gathering gear) or like 80k gill a fish. things like that are only are available 20 minutes every 3 hours or so. so when i was watching for them, i would sort of keep the timer up and if i saw the timer getting close (and i wasn't on anything) i'd run over, fish as much as i could then go back to whatever.

its possible that that particular ore sells for big dollars on the market board because no one wants to mine it to complete the quest. if so, you could do the same =D

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
there are tools players use. one of them is called teamcraft. you can tell teamcraft (an app or website) you want a particular resource and it'll alert you when the window for it to open is available. i use that to great effect on fishing. 'only show up' to fish something that turns in for lots of scrip (tokens you use to buy fancy gathering gear), or like 80k gill a fish. but they only are available 20 minutes every 3 hours or so. so when i was watching for them, i would sort of keep the timer up, play the game, and if i saw the timer getting close and i wasn't on anything i'd run over, fish as much as i could then go back to whatever.

its possible that that particular ore sells for big dollars on the market board because no one wants to mine it to complete the quest. if so, you could do the same =D
I checked and the ore that you can get from it sells for 800ish, as well as the gregarious worm that it also had. So it doesn't seem to be a big deal. These players also instantly appeared.

Goonsquad Officer
I wonder of it is the same as i described , but these are like... mining alts or bots. Only signing in during windows

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do I need to bother doing The Gift of the Archmagus for Aether Oil and Allagan Catalyst? It wants me to go redo the Crystal Tower raids. I'm assuming this was a way of upgrading ilvl in the past and is not super necessary now?
Catalysts were for ilevel upgrades during ARR while the oils are a step in the relic questline. You can buy them for poetics now but that weekly quest is still in if you really want to do it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Those useless drops are the only thing keeping me from being broke lol.

Fun fact I learned about the market board - it buys the entire quantity of listed items by default apparently? So I am now the proud owner of half a million gil worth of pizza lol.
Which ones? On my server, the allagan catalyst sells for literally 1gil.

Should I automatically learn every card I get? And what about duplicates, destroy? I got a legendary and was wondering if there was something better to do with it. I think I saw the saucer does tradeins or something?

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
The guys popping up may be botters that travel under the world too. Game has a lot of botters sadly.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Should I automatically learn every card I get? And what about duplicates, destroy? I got a legendary and was wondering if there was something better to do with it. I think I saw the saucer does tradeins or something?

In the gold saucer lobby there is a vendor you can trade in dupe Triad cards for MGP

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn, they really went and just "killed" everyone... again. I didn't mind the 40 minute cut scene though. It's pretty enjoyable when it is voice acted (particularly decent voice acting). I just grabbed a coke, a bag of M&M's, reclined my chair and sat back and enjoyed.

I can't take Lalafells seriously though. Particularly the warrior types. They ain't imbued with any magic strength or constitution, so it's just... not.. I can't take them seriously. Why are there soooo many Lalafells in this game lol. Jesus they are everywhere.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Btw are there new potions for higher levels? I did some searching on the marketboard, but only saw stuff that restored a max of around 2k. What about for higher levels?

In terms of regular heal pots, not really. They moved away from that. The only high level pots are mostly for stat boosts or damage boosts or things like that

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn, they really went and just "killed" everyone... again. I didn't mind the 40 minute cut scene though. It's pretty enjoyable when it is voice acted (particularly decent voice acting). I just grabbed a coke, a bag of M&M's, reclined my chair and sat back and enjoyed.

I can't take Lalafells seriously though. Particularly the warrior types. They ain't imbued with any magic strength or constitution, so it's just... not.. I can't take them seriously. Why are there soooo many Lalafells in this game lol. Jesus they are everywhere.

The two Lalafells I had to heal when I got my conjurer to 30 by dungeon spamming took a ton more damage than all the other tanks I had to heal. It's more than likely bad players, but it gives me another reason to hate that race. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The two Lalafells I had to heal when I got my conjurer to 30 by dungeon spamming took a ton more damage than all the other tanks I had to heal. It's more than likely bad players, but it gives me another reason to hate that race. lol
I don't understand how anyone likes them. Maybe girly girls, I guess? Intelligent / evil gnomes in EQ were pretty cool, but lallafels feel way different imo. I saw a male and female lalafell casually walking (rp I assume) through a zone that was pretty cute, I guess? But otherwise, fuck em. I hate how they are all over the plot, and I hate when they have regular deep voices or are big strong warriors that will defend people. no, just no. I know this is fantasy, but... that doesn't mean I don't want some logic.

I've grown to like Tataru, but that's because she knows her place... as a receptionist.

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
The seem to theme them as cut throat rich, manipulative asses. Many of the quest lines involving lala npc's they're rich uldans who are up to their lalafelery.

Players though i think are a mix of "lol i'm a tiny fighter" or "dawwwwhowcute".

Cybsled

Lalas are all evil. Tataru acts all sweet but you know she is a stone cold killer

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Uematsu only did main themes (up to SB) and a few tracks once ARR released (1.0 was lot of his music though). The main genius at work here is Soken.

There are a lot of themes from older FF games which other than FF12 are Umatsu compositions, remixed by Soken.

For example, Eden has at least four themes from FF8 with only minor instrumental changes (maybe more, not finished it). Crystal Tower theme is from FF3 and that's been remixed several times. Not done Omega but expecting FF5 themes (the Omega mini zone is from FF5).

Sucks that a bunch of stuff has generic FF12 themes, hate whoever that composer was.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Tataru is the most important Scion.

Also, Lalas, imo, have the most emotive animations, which probably is why they get used a lot. Their frustrated stampy feets and surprised WOAH emote are both great.

The ones in the Sultanate definitely feel like scummy little fucks, with their pedo staches.

The only one I ever have a problem with is Krile, it is so hard to take her seriously with that chocobo hoodie. Also, I wish I could have a chocobo hoodie for my character, as glamour is the real endgame.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The seem to theme them as cut throat rich, manipulative asses. Many of the quest lines involving lala npc's they're rich uldans who are up to their lalafelery.

Players though i think are a mix of "lol i'm a tiny fighter" or "dawwwwhowcute".
In the Shadowbringers world they are Dwarves, who absolutely have that greedy and ruthless side to them in other fantasy settings.

Lali Ho!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Tataru is the most important Scion.

Also, Lalas, imo, have the most emotive animations, which probably is why they get used a lot. Their frustrated stampy feets and surprised WOAH emote are both great.

The ones in the Sultanate definitely feel like scummy little fucks, with their pedo staches.

The only one I ever have a problem with is Krile, it is so hard to take her seriously with that chocobo hoodie. Also, I wish I could have a chocobo hoodie for my character, as glamour is the real endgame.
I love Kryle and her british accent.

Also, her outfit is sold on the mogstation.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I love Kryle and her british accent.

Also, her outfit is sold on the mogstation.
I knew this and was under the impression that it would not work on Viera. But apparently it is one of the hoods that viera ears stick through, giving you 4 ears. This may be terrible enough for me to purchase.

Malkav

French Madman
I knew this and was under the impression that it would not work on Viera. But apparently it is one of the hoods that viera ears stick through, giving you 4 ears. This may be terrible enough for me to purchase.

My last buy was Lyse's outfit from Stormblood (the red jacket and short shorts). Looks good on Viera.

2021-06-23_20-55-38-991_Arfiens FFXIV GShade 1.1 (2).png

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
My last buy was Lyse's outfit from Stormblood (the red jacket and short shorts). Looks good on Viera.

View attachment 359531
Your character looks like she wants to talk about the evils of gamergate.

Lol woa. Alphinauds voice actor changing from one minute to the next during the beginning of Heavensward cinematic was super jarring. The old one was just fine. This one seems a downgrade?

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users