Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate the entire glamour system. The system in WoW is literally a million times better. It's so cut and clear.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, that is a common complaint from people. Most would agree WoW's "loot it and you can transmog it" system is better than the current prism system that turns the actual gear item into something in your glamour dresser.

Although I do prefer FFXIV's less restrictive glamouring options. WoW never letting you transmog certain items was always fucking stupid, IMO.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This server is like a sewer. I shouted I was looking for a big English FC today (instead of my usual "friendly/mature description, which leads to nothing) and got 2 messages. One was from someone that asked "u cool?" And then added me, and then couldn't figure out how to invite me. Another one was from someone that said to meet him in Limsa because he needed to see me first. I told him I could tell it wouldn't be a good fit, but cheers though. He got all defensive and said they were 3rd on server, good luck finding better. Oh, and his name was King Soandso.

Don't roll on Spriggan.

Ya, that is a common complaint from people. Most would agree WoW's "loot it and you can transmog it" system is better than the current prism system that turns the actual gear item into something in your glamour dresser.

Although I do prefer FFXIV's less restrictive glamouring options. WoW never letting you transmog certain items was always fucking stupid, IMO.
Yeah WoW seems to have an infinitely better system. ESO, as well. In ESO I love how if you change a piece of equip, you don't have to re transmog that piece. You have sets of gear and can change between them or none at all.

So can I, like, just edit the appearance of my weapon? Or will that create a "glamour plate" with just the weapon and everything else naked? And does it stick with any new weapon, or do I need to change again.

Cybsled

So can I, like, just edit the appearance of my weapon? Or will that create a "glamour plate" with just the weapon and everything else naked? And does it stick with any new weapon, or do I need to change again.

Glamour plates require using the glamour dresser. The inn rooms all have one in them. Basically you first have to add items to the dresser. This uses glamour prisms. You can buy them, craft them, or trade in grand company seals for them at the grand company vendor. They arent expensive.

Once you open the dresser, you can select a category of items (equipped, weapons, head/chest, etc). If you select an item, it will use a glamour prism and add the item to the dresser. The item vanishes out of your inventory and goes into the dresser. It has to be fully repaired to do this. You can always get the item back later (using a dispel prism). On a side note, if you dye an item in your dresser, then the glamour will also be that dye.

Once you've added shit to your dresser, select edit glamour plate. You then get an image of your character just like your screen that shows what you have equipped. You can click on the various appearance areas and select what you want to be the appearance for that (basically from what you've put into the dresser). Once you like whatever outfit / appearance setup, you save the glamour plate.

Once the glamour plate is saved, you can instantly change your current appearance to whatever you set for the glamour plate. Only caveat is you have to be in a city type area to do this (can't do it mid dungeon or in the middle of nowhere). Also, if the item you are using for glamour appearance is job specific, it will only show up on that job or jobs in question. So you can't glamour your Paladin only armor to appear on a bard, for instance.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Asmongold is really slow burn hyping up his playing of FF14. And it is working since I really want to watch him try it.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Asmongold is really slow burn hyping up his playing of FF14. And it is working since I really want to watch him try it.

I think he’ll personally enjoy it, if he doesn’t bounce out before Hsw. but I have high doubts his audience will play along.

Goonsquad Officer
Hey, I thought you were defending your people earlier? So you admit, they suck at video games? :p

Lol Jesus... That level 60 Paladin quest was really bad and cringe. They even acknowledged it didn't make any sense several times in the cutscene, but still went through with it. And then, to rub it in, you don't get to keep the sword? Fuck off. Lol what a meme. Made 0 sense. At least the armor looks sick as shit again. Truly badass armor.

Enjoying the rest of Heavensward though, can't wait to get into some dungeons and trials.

For those that don't know it, here's a screenshot. This game has some sick armor.

View attachment 359722
Some class quests can be dopey. The dk quests are pretty great.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well, on a road to 70 server, but so far I've got SCH to 70, WHM to 43, DRK to 47, and WAR to 51. Getting completely lost in this game and still not sure what the fuck to play.
Just do the MSQ on SCH and get into Shadowbringers, doing one of each roulette per day to level a secondary class.

Unless you hate SCH, then focus on getting a different class to 70. You can start Gunbreaker and Dancer at lv60 and the quests are in ARR cities so nothing to unlock to reach them.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think he’ll personally enjoy it, if he doesn’t bounce out before Hsw. but I have high doubts his audience will play along.

His chat is going to spend a bunch of time telling him what to do and he's going to have an anxiety attack.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
His chat is going to spend a bunch of time telling him what to do and he's going to have an anxiety attack.

Just watching Lobos on his 14 play through had a constant huge entourage of people following him around to everything he did. I can’t imagine the massive mob that’ll be hanging around everything Asmon does for his entire stream.

Cybsled

When Jesse Cox was doing his first play through, there would be tons of stalkers and people trying to gift him shit. Asmon will probably have that going on x100 lol

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Morrow Morrow I've been dicking around a lot. You said to only go the Main Story Quests and not just do all the shit at a given hub?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Personally I would stick to MSQ story quests only for the most part on your first character. If you run into at some point needing to level to do the next? Do the sidequests in the most recent area until you can progress again. Go back to msq only until you hit the next leveling wall. Repeat. Even better? Do similarly leveled Blue + quests as they unlock things that aren't MSQ specific, and continue to pound on the MSQ. Find you aren't digging the class you are on? Flip to cleaning up sidequests/roulettes/potd on whatever class you choose because you left that easy xp lying around by focusing on the MSQ. Repeat as necessary. You'll eventually hit cap (either heavensward ending if Trial or wherever your MSQ ends in your most recent xpac) and then you will enter the endgame grind.

Leaving sidequests for other jobs to utilize can be a nice break from potd spam (even if inefficient) and can keep you from running out of shit to do a lot of the time.

Also, don't sleep on the beast tribe shit. You can only do 12 a day, and they sort of really suck in ARR and kinda suck in Heavensward, but they are good xp (your mileage my vary; I haven't seen too many non Stormblood beast quests in a few years) and they can unlock other stuff in the game. Especially useful if crafting/etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
they sort of really suck in ARR and kinda suck in Heavensward
Also: The beast tribe quests give retainer ventures, if you don't want to pay GC seals or do guildleves. And in ARR you can do them on your highest combat class, change to a 41+ job and turn them in for XP. Sadly, Heavensward beast tribe quests locked job switching down.