Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a MMO with cat and bunny girls; there is a lot of ERP stuff going on in various parts of in game world. On Gilg it used to be the Carline Canopy area (inn in Gridania) where just running through there to get to the airship strip could give you several STDs.

It's not really much different then wandering through Goldshire in WoW and jogging through/by one of the Inns. And probably mostly all just dudes role playing as women.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You never told me what ARR was dog.
I've been bitching about how bad it is for the last 25 pages of this thread lol. it's really, really bad. Skip all the cutscenes and text, it ain't worth it.

Summary is : There's an Empire. Empire tries to Empire. Empire fails, but is still going.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 359793

eo62r.jpg
degenerates-degenerates-everywhere-18ntdu.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I once fell for a house party invite. The ad made it sound like some event, but it was a bunch of people pole dancing and pretending it was a night club

the actual good events get advertised on Reddit. I once went to some random FC house event where they held a bad glamour event. There were some truly shitty glamours on display lol

Malkav

French Madman
Maybe I could infiltrate this. I always play female characters so I can be a femme presenting non-binary.

If I'm on Gilgamesh can I visit Jenova or is that a future patch thing?

You can visit servers on the same Datacenter simply by using the Aetheryte in main cities.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You can visit servers on the same Datacenter simply by using the Aetheryte in main cities.
Thanks, seems like it's the same Datacenter. I may have to give this a go! Only problem is that's probably 11pm for me so need the wife to be out.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What's the quickest way to level an alt? Do I run duty roulette leveling over and over again if my role is "needed" or do I target the highest dungeon I can do on that job? Trying to level this AST up quickly.

Malkav

French Madman
What's the quickest way to level an alt? Do I run duty roulette leveling over and over again if my role is "needed" or do I target the highest dungeon I can do on that job? Trying to level this AST up quickly.

Leveling roulette gets you the bonus only once daily.

If you're leveling a healer, highest level dungeon you can run works well and gives you practice.

Otherwise, it's POTD leveling to make you want to kill yourself. Not that the dumb groups you'll get in DF won't make you want that too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm wasting my time. Astrologian seems boring as fuck. Scholar is 10x more fun. Does Astrologian get better at higher levels? How did the community receive the card revamp that happened a while back? These cards are dull as hell. I was expecting something way more cool.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Astrologian suffers from having to level from 30, and coming into it's own around level 60 to 70.
Yeah but I was having fun on my Scholar by 30ish. I'm in my 40s now on my Astro and it still feels really boring. Also, these cards are so badly designed and boring that they may as well just give the AST a passive 2% dmg buff to all party members lol. I was expecting, like, different cards triggering different powerful abilities, from aoe damage, to a damage shield or something, to a big heal, etc.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
The cards were a lot more fun before they changed them. Used to be they had different effects, such as The Arrow giving spell speed, so it was really cool to get that one on BLM for instance.

I’m curious what’s more fun on SCH than AST? Aren’t you just dotting, healing, and casting DDs when not healing on both jobs?

Edit: and of course shielding and applying regen depending on the job.. I almost always run Nocturnal sect instead of diurnal. My guess is you just have diurnal if you’re still leveling. I like nocturnal because I like applying shields before they’re needed… feels satisfying to “block” an aoe boss move with a nocturnal shield.

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I need to get my scholar and ast to cap; I've main'd WHM since ARR release and it basically defines healing for me. I always feel like less of a healer and more of a DPS on Scholar and I dislike in general AST play for some reason (haven't played mine in months tho; no idea if it was reworked or they changed the card system). On WHM, you just have tools for all situations and then you have some pretty decent single target DPS (FU holy nerf =|)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is there a point to all these blue level 50 quests that send you into hard dungeons? I mean after you do the part where you unlock the hard dungeon itself, do you need to complete the quest? You complete them and only get a tiny 2k exp and nothing else. Does completing all of them attune you to something or do anything? Cos they are really clogging my quest log and they teleport you somewhere when you complete them.

I need to get my scholar and ast to cap; I've main'd WHM since ARR release and it basically defines healing for me. I always feel like less of a healer and more of a DPS on Scholar and I dislike in general AST play for some reason (haven't played mine in months tho; no idea if it was reworked or they changed the card system). On WHM, you just have tools for all situations and then you have some pretty decent single target DPS (FU holy nerf =|)
This is the reason I enjoy Scholar so much. I love balancing DPS with keeping the group alive. I think I'd enjoy WHM though. AST is just so boring and has so little to do.

Malkav

French Madman
Is there a point to all these blue level 50 quests that send you into hard dungeons? I mean after you do the part where you unlock the hard dungeon itself, do you need to complete the quest? You complete them and only get a tiny 2k exp and nothing else. Does completing all of them attune you to something or do anything? Cos they are really clogging my quest log and they teleport you somewhere when you complete them.

This is the reason I enjoy Scholar so much. I love balancing DPS with keeping the group alive. I think I'd enjoy WHM though. AST is just so boring and has so little to do.

Just turn them in, their point is just to unlock the dungeon.

And, uh, every healer point is to balance DPS and healing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
turn em in
No that's not what I mean. They are like 3 part quests. part 2 you turn in at the dungeon, it gives you access, and then there's still a quest that you turn in once you actually complete it, and that gives a measly 2k exp, and teleports you outside the dungeon afterward. Is that merely story?

Cybsled

It's usually story afterwards just to wrap up the quest. There are also a handful of instances where you have to have completed the quest fully as a pre-req for other dungeons/content.

Do the Tara Tam Deepcroft tie up quest though. That is the one you dont want to miss the ending of lol