Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Morrow Morrow I've been dicking around a lot. You said to only go the Main Story Quests and not just do all the shit at a given hub?
Think of it this way. MSQ will pretty much get you max level. All the extra quests at the hub are for levelling alt jobs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Morrow Morrow I've been dicking around a lot. You said to only go the Main Story Quests and not just do all the shit at a given hub?
Do not, do not, I repeat, do not dick around with side quests. If it ain't blue, do not pursue.

Also, yeah, there's no way Asmon is gonna like this game. The ARR was rough for me, and I like this shit more than he does. He's gonna quit real quick imo. I think he could like it, but the god damn ARR just really doesn't want you to.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do not, do not, I repeat, do not dick around with side quests. If it ain't blue, do not pursue.

Also, yeah, there's no way Asmon is gonna like this game. The ARR was rough for me, and I like this shit more than he does. He's gonna quit real quick imo. I think he could like it, but the god damn ARR just really doesn't want you to.
ARR?

I meant dicking around with shit like fishing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Have they ever talked about the idea I posted of your race/appearance changing with each job? They could even sell slots to do that on the store. Or is that not technically possible? Surely someone else has had that idea and it's been proposed?

ARR?

I meant dicking around with shit like fishing.

I dicked around with Fishing and Cooking a bit and I'm still doing Mining, but it seems pretty worthless unless you put a ton into it. But don't do sidequests for exp or minor gear, they ain't worth it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been leveling my crafting and gathering classes passively through grand company daily turn-ins. Fishing started at 25 when picked the game back up and it's already up to 60. Most of the time I just buy it off the market if it's cheap. Churning my old retainers stock has given me enough gil to keep me in mats for the stuff thats beyond my progress in the msq.

Goonsquad Officer
That is how I mostly do tradeskills. Some times I'll watch for ingredients that are dirt cheap (like 10 gil) and buy all the stock then mass grind. Mix in beast tribe (namely namazu, or some of the shadowbringers tribes) and you can cap super easy

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There sure is a ton of shit in this game lol. I am enjoying discovering it though.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wait, I was told to do the all class quests because they give skills, but I just did all the red mage quests and he hasn't given me jack or shit? Am I missing something? Do all the classes that start at 50 and 60 not have any new abilities from class quests?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wait, I was told to do the all class quests because they give skills, but I just did all the red mage quests and he hasn't given me jack or shit? Am I missing something? Do all the classes that start at 50 and 60 not have any new abilities from class quests?
You never told me what ARR was dog.

Malkav

French Madman
Every job quests giving skills for HW/pre-HW jobs is a design they changed later on. Past lvl60 for old jobs and new jobs don't get any skills from job quests aside from the lvl70 capstone skill.

Cybsled

Except Hildibrand and the Great Serpent of Ronka lol

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Classes put in after HW (Red Mage, Samurai, Dancer, Gun Breaker) do not get skills from quests except at the expansion capstones (60, 70, 80). And I dont think any class gets any skills from quests post 60, again, except at 70 or 80.

And for your voice actor question, they changed everybody after ARR, so the first time you meet someone again for the first time in HW, they will have a new VA.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Capture.PNG

eo62r.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just wanted to toss my hat in and say healer difficulty is highly dependent on the situation you are in. If you have a static of reliable players that have been playing together for a while and know their roles, and in particular two healers that know the behavior of the other, then the healer job I wouldn’t say is that difficult (tho ast used to be quite spammy not sure how it is now after card changers in sb as I didn’t play it much). But if you are mostly pugging your way thru savage then healer is usually the most stressful job because you are going to run into a wide variety of skill and experience and a whole bunch of uncoordinated gameplay , which means a lot more rezzes and a lot more healing.

Sometimes tho I’ve seen the best tanks/healers are some that that are in pfs, because they aren’t being coddled in a static, they have to adjust their gameplay for a whole spectrum of retard and there’s a certain skill in that you start to appreciate over time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user