Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
or teach people soft targeting/paint by numbers marking.
AEing is a bit too effective for that to be a realistic option. GLDs are just going to have to suck it up or people will be bitching about how long runs take, and when you're just grinding them out for xp rather than loot that's a significant/valid concern.

Noahx

N00b
AEing is a bit too effective for that to be a realistic option. GLDs are just going to have to suck it up or people will be bitching about how long runs take, and when you're just grinding them out for xp rather than loot that's a significant/valid concern.
That's valid as long as dps are willing to take a few hits in the face by shit trash mobs vs freaking out. So not really sure who is going to be "sucking it up".

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was thinking in terms of having to put out a lot more effort than a MRD in the same situation. From a healer point of view, I still prefer chain-casting on the tank even if it means occasionally wondering if he's going to survive until the next Cure lands, as opposed to frantically trying to heal dps who've pulled aggro. The range on the group heal is so short that I learned quickly that it cannot be relied upon in a lot of fights.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a new post, apparently the Duty Finder will be in from the start of this test. They still haven't communicated an end date for this test however, so it's possible it'll last longer than usual still. They also released a video showing the duty finder.

It's basically what you'd expect, you queue as a certain class, when it pops you have to change back to the class you queued as(no carpenter tank), it's cross server and you can choose your languages so you can group with japanese or euro players which is nice if you play off hours, it teleports you inside the dungeon and teleports you back out when you exit and there's an option to join an instance that's already underway so if you don't care about the loot and just want quest completion for example you can do that and it'll join into an existing group that had a player that dropped. It also level syncs you down if you wanna do lower lvl content for whatever reason. Seems fairly complete and while it kinda kills community/sense of world etc etc, it's still nice to have I guess.
because what i really want during my primetime is to get some guy in my group who doesnt speak english. terrible idea.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What makes you think the language option is unilateral?
i doubt they would only give english speakers the chance to play with others. It would be even worse for the japanese. If both sides need to have it checked, why do it at all? youll have to have 3 people in hte group all with something uncommon like japanese selected? so the chances of this happening are what...0.01%?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's too bad that if someone drops from your group for whatever reason, you still have to use the duty finder to replace them, since you won't be able to communicate with anyone you know, say, in your Company.
From what I remember, you can still talk to your company and linkshell when in a duty(you just can't bring up the company window though, since it seems to remove you from FC/LS when you enter). I haven't tried inviting someone outside if losing a group member, so not sure if that's possible, but I would think it is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
because what i really want during my primetime is to get some guy in my group who doesnt speak english. terrible idea.
There's the translation thing that lets you use basic communication even if you don't speak the language, you don't really need to be able to write a book to run a dungeon with people.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Completely unrelated but pyros are you an expert on every video game? I swear you are busting out knowledge in every thread I read.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only 50 DKP minus? Sad times for the angry eastern european guildleader indeed.

The "new" zones look the tits.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
So the Legacy players are fucking terrible. Where is the option to not play with them on Duty Finder?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So the Legacy players are fucking terrible. Where is the option to not play with them on Duty Finder?
It's an automatic tool, it's expected that a decent amount of your groups are going to be complete shit. I guess they could add a kick feature but with even group numbers, you wouldn't get a kick vote in a lot of cases. Can still do dungeons with guild people and shit like that.

Looking at the reddit thread on times, it seems CNJ and tanks are instant queues, while DPS seem to be fairly "long", like 5-10mins. So same as usual I guess.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Pyros is a video game genius. You must respect him.

I'm firing up the game, is there a LS I can join? I assume it's just a chatchannel or someshit right?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pyros is a video game genius. You must respect him.

I'm firing up the game, is there a LS I can join? I assume it's just a chatchannel or someshit right?
Oh I do.. I believe I even played Vanguard with him for awhile (I was a Raki Paladin in too much brown). I was just curious if he was an expert on all games, or just by chance every thread I visit and has the exact same taste as me.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's an automatic tool, it's expected that a decent amount of your groups are going to be complete shit. I guess they could add a kick feature but with even group numbers, you wouldn't get a kick vote in a lot of cases. Can still do dungeons with guild people and shit like that.

Looking at the reddit thread on times, it seems CNJ and tanks are instant queues, while DPS seem to be fairly "long", like 5-10mins. So same as usual I guess.
yea but you'd think a white mage in AF gear would know how to not die on fucking aiatar, one of the easiest bosses in the game

the monk sucked too