Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah the whole Mogstation and the fact that Steam and Windows licences are different is universally considered stupid as fuck by everyone.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of depressing if just an npc being called fat is considered edgy. Can’t recall but pretty sure theres gotta be quests more based than that. Isn’t costa del sol a zone run by a pimp with no redeeming qualities who you basically end up begging for help at some point , and nothing ever bad even happens to him lol. And pretty sure yotsuyu’s backstory (raped/sold into prostitution by parents)would never have gotten thru blizzards screening process

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If that streamer is actually enjoying arr’s story (not sure how that’s possible), he’s in for a real treat when he hits xpacs. There’s also the added benefit of the long and winding lore being fresher in his memory so a lot of the more archaic details that get called back on (mostly by that annoying Astro guy) will make sense

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of depressing if just an npc being called fat is considered edgy. Can’t recall but pretty sure theres gotta be quests more based than that. Isn’t costa del sol a zone run by a pimp with no redeeming qualities who you basically end up begging for help at some point , and nothing ever bad even happens to him lol. And pretty sure yotsuyu’s backstory (raped/sold into prostitution by parents)would never have gotten thru blizzards screening process

It never ceases to amaze me that GMs and forum moderators will penalise the players for language less severe than some of the scripted stuff the NPCs say in cutscenes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
And pretty sure yotsuyu’s backstory (raped/sold into prostitution by parents)would never have gotten thru blizzards screening process
Lol Stormblood is all about this bored Prince putting his two angry side bitches in charge of countries and them PMSing over everyone.

They were good characters though!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm glad he's liking it. The more he likes it, the more people play FF14. The more people play FF14, the more Ion sweats. The more Ion sweats, the more likely it is that AN ASTEROID CRASHES INTO HIS HOME AND OBLITERATES HIM INTO A BAG OF BLOOD.

Lol @1:40 about how hard it is to buy the game and make an account. Omg yup. Jesus Christ it blew me away how bad that was. I watch a lot of Japan youtube videos and I've heard a lot about how out of date Japan is with tech (all the offices still use fax machines, for example), but wow, it's worse than I thought with how bad their account services/websites are.

Currently fighting with GMG to try to buy a NA copy of Shadowbringers since I'm in Japan and their store won't even offer it to me

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think i presumed blizzard was woke. But watching him play and he double takes when a hot girl is scantily clad, or some one says piss or shit, I didnt realize how sesame street woke blizzard has become.
There was some quest text, which he has been reading out loud, where something was described as "queer"... and he just skipped it over that specific word, lol. He's been conditioned.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Can't agree more with the AIDS that is their website and registration process. I tried this out back in 2019 and it took me three fucking hours to get the free trial up and running. Came back to this the other day (in part due to Asmon) and saw they had implemented a "one time token" system that I didn't remember being there before. It is made to look like it is mandatory, so the first thing I did was to set it up on their website. I know it fucking worked cos it asked me to verify it with a token. Then I spent the next half hour raging against the damn login screen and resetting my password countless times cos it kept saying my password was wrong. I ended up giving up. The next day I was going to uninstall the damn thing but decided to try logging in without using the one time token - and the fucking thing worked. Jesus Christ!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The multi-platform fuckery is likely due to some legacy agreements, which they are beholden to. Not to mention the DB limitations of the PS3 era and (now) the PS4 era. I'm sorta curious if they decide to nuke part of the ARR/etc storyline and add something similar to how WoW handled the revamped old world stuff in the post Endwalker xpac. It's easily the weakest part, and if they just go "Hey cool, your characters persist but we're murdering some shit" due to hardware updates I don't think anyone would actually give a shit.

Argarth

On the verandah
Here's a trap for people using the SE Software Token App on their mobile phone.

Between the time I cancelled my FFXIV Sub and now, I damaged my phone, and naturally replaced it. Wiped the old one as I never intended to use it again except in an emergency.

Bad move. The Software Token App is activated by a one-time process. Can't be reactivated until the Token is removed from my account first, and then re-added. Unfortunately I can't log in to my SE account anymore (token p/w required) and the Token removal password is only available after logging in, of course. Rookie error, I never noted it down.

Submitted a ticket; hopefully Customer Support isn't getting too swamped by the influx of new players. =)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Here's a trap for people using the SE Software Token App on their mobile phone.

Between the time I cancelled my FFXIV Sub and now, I damaged my phone, and naturally replaced it. Wiped the old one as I never intended to use it again except in an emergency.

Bad move. The Software Token App is activated by a one-time process. Can't be reactivated until the Token is removed from my account first, and then re-added. Unfortunately I can't log in to my SE account anymore (token p/w required) and the Token removal password is only available after logging in, of course. Rookie error, I never noted it down.

Submitted a ticket; hopefully Customer Support isn't getting too swamped by the influx of new players. =)

Thank you, you just prompted me to take a picture of my emergency removal password and put it on discord :p

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did the same thing somewhat awhile back (years, at this point) right before HW came out if I remember correctly. CS actually helped me super quick. Wasn't a problem at all. Sucks there's no real self help once you set up the authenticator, but their CS team at least seems on the ball in my experience.

edit - are we using a discord for the ffxiv stuff? I'm not likely to pop into voice, but if there's a common chat I'd be down to participate.

Argarth

On the verandah

To the surprise of naysayers, Asmon is actually enjoying the game, even ARR story. He definitely intends to continue playing and try and clear Ultimates.
At first I thought, hang on a minute, he looks different. Then I realised the video is flipped. Checked a couple of other videos on his "Zack" channel, and they're flipped too.

Clever dude, changes his persona and his look. Perhaps this is well known? I've only just watched some of his FFXIV stream, and happened to notice a swollen index finger on one hand.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Clever dude, changes his persona and his look. Perhaps this is well known?
Asmongold lives in Zack's eyebrows. If you see them move around extremely it's Asmongold trying to break free of the shackles of his mortal form. If they don't move around so much it's Zack at the wheel.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Asmongold lives in Zack's eyebrows. If you see them move around extremely it's Asmongold trying to break free of the shackles of his mortal form. If they don't move around so much it's Zack at the wheel.

If you haven't seen this yet it's pretty funny

"I don't understand English, but I like how his eyebrows move a lot and his expressions are amazing too lol"

"I mean, doesn't this guy look like Nicolas Cage? If he shaved off his beard, he'd look just like him."

"His eyebrow movements are amazing."

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users