Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I am a terrible healer. Which one is the easiest to play better in raids?
Conjurer/WHM is *snore*, but you can also DPS Blood for the Blood lilly bitches.

I don't know about other healers, I've heard AST is really good once you get the hang of the card RNG, and well Scholar seems to be in a pretty shitty spot right now , it's just a very odd healing class.

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
ACT is PC only, but has a ton of great addons, from dps meters to 'raiding addons' with cactbot. unless you're a purist, I highly recommend.

I'm sure theres a few vids out there but its quick to set up, pm me and I could prolly help some setup if anyone needs it.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I play AST because I can switch regen/shields and the AST AoE isn't PBAoE like on scholar, so I don't have to run into the mob packs. I hope SE beefs up healer dps to make it more interesting in Endwalker.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Conjurer/WHM is *snore*, but you can also DPS Blood for the Blood lilly bitches.

I don't know about other healers, I've heard AST is really good once you get the hang of the card RNG, and well Scholar seems to be in a pretty shitty spot right now , it's just a very odd healing class.
I suck at white mage. Sounds like scholar is easier.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried to play Scholar today as Im leveleing SMN. Everything felt like it was on 90s cooldowns and if there was lots of damage I could hardly even top the tank up with Physics spam. This was at 70, not sure if I'm playing it wrong.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried to play Scholar today as Im leveleing SMN. Everything felt like it was on 90s cooldowns and if there was lots of damage I could hardly even top the tank up with Physics spam. This was at 70, not sure if I'm playing it wrong.
Adloquium is their primary big single target heal + shield. Then you can Emergency Tactics every 15 seconds for the next cast to heal instead of shield too.

Scholars are much more strategic button pressing, some of their aetherflow charge abilities do good work even at 70.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
But I haven't played White mage properly yet so I dunno. Altho their aoe heal seems pretty weak, but that's because it does damage at the same time.
Lol what? White Mage has multiple AoE heals, one cooldown called Assize is AoE Damage/Heal/MPs restore but it's not a main skill, it's a cooldown.

White Mage is primarily uncomplicated direct heals with Cure for single target and Medica for AoE. On top of that you can cast Regen and Medica II for heal over time effects.

The class mechanic are Lillies which fill up over time to a maximum of 3. You can use them to cast Afflatus skills which are a instant cast heals for single target or AoE.

There are also a bunch of other instant heals on cooldowns, so you can be very mobile.

I don't know what the other healing classes do, but White Mage is lots of straightforward heals, lots of instant cast heals and a few heal over time effects. It's Holy Priest from WoW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
the trick to scholar is to do nothing but dmg with your gcds, and over time you'll figure out various ways to keep people alive with mostly ogcds, especially by making good use of your pet. I personally like the class more than whm as I think your own skill at the class has a much bigger impact on your performance, but its not as distracting as the whole side game of buffs that is astro cards. But sch could definitely use some love , as whm is easier to play and has a lower skill threshold for both hps and dps.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The Astrologian card system is just ass. All the cards doing the same thing, and trying to get all 3 seals for a full Diviniation, and not getting seals unless you are FULLY in combat (like, a lot of times, my tank will be attacking a mob, I buff him with a card draw, and don't get a seal, because I hadn't agrod the mob myself yet). All of this just feels bad imo. And I find the differences between the 2 stances just super generic and bleh. Maybe I still need more levels/spells, but so far I don't like it much. I'm still going though, because for some weird reason I like healing in this game, but it doesn't look good so far. The only thing I like about AST is the cooldown that makes spells instant for like 10 seconds and blasting the aoe. I'll have to start a White Mage soon.

New expansion is getting a 4th healer, right?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Astrologian card system is just ass. All the cards doing the same thing, and trying to get all 3 seals for a full Diviniation, and not getting seals unless you are FULLY in combat (like, a lot of times, my tank will be attacking a mob, I buff him with a card draw, and don't get a seal, because I hadn't agrod the mob myself yet). All of this just feels bad imo. And I find the differences between the 2 stances just super generic and bleh. Maybe I still need more levels/spells, but so far I don't like it much. I'm still going though, because for some weird reason I like healing in this game, but it doesn't look good so far. I'll have to start a White Mage soon.

New expansion is getting a 4th healer, right?

A 4th Healer, Sage who will be more like a Scholar(From what they have explained)

Also Astro is gonna get a rework, and become more like a WHM as far as healing goes, again from what they have explained..

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
A 4th Healer, Sage who will be more like a Scholar(From what they have explained)

Also Astro is gonna get a rework, and become more like a WHM as far as healing goes, again from what they have explained..
I hope they actually take a risk and make the cards way more interesting and just make Divination way less RNG to compensate.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I doubt they’ll make the cards more interesting. They just changed them to the bland effects they have now for ShB.

I’m disappointed to hear they’re making AST more like a white mage, I hadn’t read that anywhere, but also don’t follow much on xiv other than in this thread. I really like the flexibility of having the two sects, I think it’s fantastic. I never have to worry about doing trials or raids and not having both a shield and a regen healer. I also love it for dungeons. Generally I run Nocturnal on trash and Diurnal on bosses.

Cybsled

When they make them like WHM, they're talking about the healer split in terms of shields vs. heals I believe. Sage and Scholar will be more shields, Astrologians and White Mages more heals.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why does the game lie to you and see DPS are in need, and then give you a 20 minute queue lol.

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
Do you have experience with SPESPE/Hojoring triggers? I gave up creating a bard multidot tracker using target IDs. Asking ... for a friend, of course.

don't think i've gone there with the triggers yet. i've been meaning to mess around with class builds though. might try dabbling this weekend.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
When they make them like WHM, they're talking about the healer split in terms of shields vs. heals I believe. Sage and Scholar will be more shields, Astrologians and White Mages more heals.
Yea, I understand that. Like I said, I really like being able to be flexible and do either shield or regen. I mean, that and the “RNG card dynamic” were the reasons I wanted to play the class in the first place.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is nearly no random on cards 70+, just planning. I have the 3 healers, only play AST now because at 80 it is just better than the others, altough it might take a little more time to play well. Awful class to level solo.
Really, at 80 they shine, and are very fun to play in group/raid. There is no way they will make them only regen like whm tho, the sects are what define the class.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Becnhmark trailer, potential spoilers if you're not too far in the story, shows some of the new class skills, bunch of new monster models, same usual garbage textures and shadow shimmering but looks nice. Also teaser of the music arrangements from the main theme, sounds great.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users