Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I leveled all the way up to Heavensward to unlock DRK when Shadowbringers came out, then boosted the DRK and bought the story skip for Shadowbringers.

Is it worth it for me to go back and NG+ Heavensward/Stormbringer, even though they don't give xp?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
I like the story. the early game gives tons of context but it's pretty...slow. But if you dont' care about story, there's not any/many items you'd get. maybe a few glamour things.

folks generally think ARRis meh, heavensward is great, stormbringers is okay with high points.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Best new* feature for returning players: Duty finder options (gear icon top left) - an option near the bottom, I forget how it's worded, but it makes duty roulette only give you dungeons and stuff within 10 levels of the lowest person you are matched with. This way you are less likely to get stuck slogging through some poorly scaled seven year old turd of a zone.

*New somewhere in the last four years

Wait what? Are you sure this doesn't kill the roulette bonuses? Can you snip an image of this feature?

• 1Faggotry

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait what? Are you sure this doesn't kill the roulette bonuses? Can you snip an image of this feature?

roulette.png

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If anyone needs an invite to the FC on Gilgamesh, make sure you post your name here while you are online so someone can grab you

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The leveling roulette option is relatively recent, but do note it only works if you're in a full party. It's basically meant for people who full party to get nice dungeons instead of just getting sastasha over and over again(which seemed to happen most of the time before). If you're solo queuing, it'll still put you in whatever dungeon. This is intended as it basically lets new players gets experienced players and shorter queues in their dungeons.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The leveling roulette option is relatively recent, but do note it only works if you're in a full party. It's basically meant for people who full party to get nice dungeons instead of just getting sastasha over and over again(which seemed to happen most of the time before). If you're solo queuing, it'll still put you in whatever dungeon. This is intended as it basically lets new players gets experienced players and shorter queues in their dungeons.

I was going to post the same thing. I think ultimately it's good to keep solo queing in the full pool. As much as going 70+ into statasha sucks ass

• 1Dislike

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got all my crafting jobs 70+ and all crafting job quests done, feels like such an acheivement as 50-70 was very slow. Was really varied bouncing between Ishgard Restoration farming, collecting job quest materials and doing the job quests.

Now I have the Shadowbringers role quests to look forward to which seem much simpler, more rewarding and less fetch questy. They'll also award lots of yellow scrips for lv70 tools. Ishgard exp seems to be good again too.

I assume I can start Dwarf quests at lv70? Been doing the Namazu but barely did the others, any reason to go back and do them?

The one thing I neglected was fishing which I've left down at lv20, I feel like that one is going to be more fun to do though.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started playing again on Gilgamesh, but on a new account because I could NOT be bothered trying to work their account sites to try and get my old account up and running. Going for Bard again, and it feels different from what I recall way way back at ARR's release. The thing that I find off is that every skill says "Instant" for cast, but NONE of them are actually instant, most skills take a good 1sec to actually fire off due to animation, so what exactly does the "instant" refer too? My memory could be bad, but back when I was playing the first time, there were skills which did actually fire off instantly (like the ones that had triggers to reset their timers or allow them to be used), but those seem to have been changed to have long cast times.

You made the right choice, I spent probably 90 minutes trying to reactivate my 2015 trial account, and best I could tell was my free trial ended. Gave up just made a new one with another email.

• 1Solidarity

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Had a level 50 WHM with relic sitting from 2014 otherwise I would not have gone through the ball-ache to get that info back. Some Jap/Chinese guy tried to hack my account in 2015 so my password recovery was in unreadable characters.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol sorta random but the Filipino woman who just won her country's first ever gold medal is named Hydaelyn. (Not actually spelled that way but it is pronounced the same)

Cybsled

Imagine if they panned out to the audience, and you see Lahabrea malding up in the stands

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Did you still recover it?
I did, but I would have bought the level 70 jump if not. I still knew how to play the game (was like riding a bike for WHM). It also took about 2 weeks and about 20 emails with the MOG STATION (which is a fucking shit-fest). They were able to link my original email to the account before this jerkoff got into it. He never even played or sold the gear from what I could tell.

worth also mentioning that I’m loving the game (skipping the majority of cutscenes). Got burned out at the end of the re-release 2.0, but I have so much content now to churn though, it’s very enjoyable.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it seems fucking japs want my money. Apparently my starting 30 days ran out or whatever. And I just got my old zone flying done yesterday at 51, and, although it's kinda slow, it pretty much erased all the tedium of run there, then run all the way over there and then run back to that other place again. Don't these slant eyes know I'm almost hooked now? Thinking of working on my factorio megabase to take my mind off of them cyber sluts. This shit it testing my resolve to be a good person

Last edited: