Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm doing the free trial, so I'm not sure I can be invited to the guild. My in game name is "Liquid Death".

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Free trials unfortunately can’t get FC invites but look for Pysek Darkstar to be online for an invite to our linkshell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait wait wait...

I've been playing afternoons and slacking off work because in the evenings my wife would like the TV and I don't really want to be banished to a man cave.

I wondered if I could do something hacky with a HDMI cable to mirror the PS4 to my laptop and play in the room with my wife like I do with WoW and Genshin.

Turns out it's a built in PS4 feature? What the fuck!? Since when??? I've had a PS4 for 3 years and hardly played it because it needs the TV lol.

Looks like I'm playing all night now!

Goonsquad Officer
i mean...you could play ff14 through steam via steam link on your phone and a bluetooth controller if your'e feeling froggy.

I'm sure it would look like a blurry asshole though.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
do something hacky with a HDMI cable
Plug in the controller to the laptop (bluetooth seems to work as well) and download:

Official: PS4 Remote Play

Open Source Alternative: Chiaki

EDIT: I can recommend Chiaki, the original Sony PS Remote Play is sometimes wonky as hell.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Plug in the controller to the laptop (bluetooth seems to work as well) and download:

Official: PS4 Remote Play

Open Source Alternative: Chiaki

EDIT: I can recommend Chiaki, the original Sony PS Remote Play is sometimes wonky as hell.
Thanks but I did go on to say that I did just that xD

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I'm just starting Eureka. Is there an ideal progression of gear/weapons to work on first? Or just go for whatever glamour I'm after? For the elemental wheel, same question, any particular order I should be leveling the spokes in?

• 1Solidarity

Goonsquad Officer
Put all your elemental points on one spoke of the wheel. click it to rotate it based on the element. if you're a tank, turn to the 'toughest' against hte element. if you're a DPS turn to the most damaging. do that forever. if you supermax eureka you can have maxed out one spoke, and then compliment another with a point or two, but no one does that these days unless you mean to do baldasian arsenel like a mad lad.

you MUST progress through the weapon for each step. the armor unlocks toward the end, and the glow glow armor in the last overland zone. you don't have a choice but to do each quest in sequence, max your weapon, and do the completion arc in each zone. the armor is the optional part. so buy the glamour sets you want with your spare elemental juice. i uhh ihave a guide here some hwere, let me see.

at the bottom of this guide is links to each other zone and step:

this site is used to track spawns with people in zone. they'll shoot linsk to it if you get serious:

this video spells out some crazy shit that's unique to eureka:

Godspeed in eureka, a lot of FF players don't have stomach for punishing game play and/or grind. I thought it was fun and not too bad, but i haven't been to the arsenel yet. i unlocked it and 'have a crew' but RL beat me up.

if you have any pointed questions i'll be glad to answer. the zones are cryptic and weird as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
If you want to maintain your sanity just do the challenge log for Eureka to start. Should get you to level 14 for the first completion of the log and you will be ready to not touch it again for a few days. Ive been just doing the log weekly and am up to 30ish though im just trying to unlock Triad NPC's

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
that's excellent advice. the start SUUUCKS if you're alone. the glow glow armor from eureka looks dope as hell though. and some of the weapons look amazing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you get to the pagos light step i would advise loading up a tracker and looking for blizzards weather (Cassie). A solid group prepping for her can net a lot of light. Her haste earring doesn't exist though it somehow materializes on the market board for sale instead.

Juvarisx

Florida
that's excellent advice. the start SUUUCKS if you're alone. the glow glow armor from eureka looks dope as hell though. and some of the weapons look amazing.

Totally, I still recommend shouting for a person or two to do the log with. I usually just zone in LFG challenge log and have a party within 5 min.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Sounds good. Thanks, guys! Just blasted some low level mobs for a bit and hit level 5. Not sure if I want to do DRG or RDM first. The lance is meh, but that eventual maiming gear looks awesome. The RDM weapon also looks super good, though, even though the armor doesn't look all that great, IMO.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any suggests on good class to start out with as a first time player? Downloading the trial and giving this a shot.

Does server matter?

Malkav

French Madman
Sounds good. Thanks, guys! Just blasted some low level mobs for a bit and hit level 5. Not sure if I want to do DRG or RDM first. The lance is meh, but that eventual maiming gear looks awesome. The RDM weapon also looks super good, though, even though the armor doesn't look all that great, IMO.
I don't remember the armour being linked to the weapon you do.

I did the SAM weapon and have the tanking armor.

Goonsquad Officer
Any suggests on good class to start out with as a first time player? Downloading the trial and giving this a shot.

Does server matter?
server doesn't matter as much as datacenter. most FoH play on gilgamesh. i think asmongold plays on cactaur. not sure wehre other streamers play. you can 'group or travel ' to any server on your data center at will to play with homies.

below is a good class guide. it really comes to: what do you want to play? you like casters? tanks? melee dps? all of them can play the game story alone. you get a chocobo buddy who can help you do solo quests even if you're a healer.

i will clarify. the game gives you enough xp if you do the MSQ, and some roulettes, to level 2-3 jobs really in the grand scheme, and getting a group for dungeons is waaaaay easier for healers, and easier for tanks, and slow for dps. so some folks do dungeons on tank/healer, and then play DPS main.

also, i'll clarify, shockingly...amazingly. the classe are some what balanced. if you play them right, they are very simlar in dps, heal, tank etc. none are 'shitty' aside from some having weird complications that make them annoying to play with little pay off. you can make any of the classes viable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wanted to do Samurai , but it seems like that may not be available to me in the trial? Which initial class is the best for the route to them?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't matter, you just need to get any adventuring class to 50 then you can unlock Samurai. Of the starting classes maybe Puglist is the closest playstyle to Samurai?

Chris

Potato del Grande

Does server matter?
Gilgamesh for our guild, otherwise anything on Aether data centre so you can group with us.

Class don't worry about too much as I'd encourage you to try a few at low level. You can also switch at higher level, like I did White Mage healer to 1-70 then switched to Gunbreaker Tank 60-80. Eventually you'll alt multiple classes.

One of the tanks is probably best to start with for a good hybrid between good solo play and fast dungeon queues. So Maurader (upgrades to Warrior with 2H Axe) or Gladiator (upgrades to Paladin with Sword and Sheild).

Healers have better queues sometines but are boring solo and much higher responsibility in group content.