Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
I kind of think they are confusing gate keeping with people calling people retards. No one is stopping anyone from being a retard.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That guy seems weird and standoffish. Sensitive about strange things.
Did you watch the MogTalk episode? He came off like FFXIV "is just some other game he can play between WoW world first races". But he was really interested in the fact that there are ACT plugins like cactbot, and asked if he could pay someone to write some for them.

They probably are looking for other avenues for their world first event, because with the current state of WoW the times between those get longer and longer. Also, to be quite honest, the world first race in WoW has degenerated into a circus clown show, with top guilds needing to invest lots of money into it.

I can see Square Enix shutting down things hard if it gets out of hand, especially if PS4/PS5 players are left behind in the world first race competition.

Also, Naguura probably cried to Max about it, but it is how it is:

1628697700902.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m confused about what is meant by gatekeeping here…nobody is stopping them.

I’ve heard people bitch and bitch about recent path of exile changes at the devs. I posted a few pissy things here then I quit the game to do other things. The Devs build the game they want. And FF14 devs clearly put story first. So go play another game. Or let people boost. I don’t care. Put your money where your mouth is.

Wasn’t Quinn pissed on because his negative criticism resulted from him not doing basic research?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Wasn’t Quinn pissed on because his negative criticism resulted from him not doing basic research?
If your first sentence about your criticisms of FFXIV contains the words "weeb aesthetic", and then ends with "waifus", people tend to assume you are trolling.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Lol what encounter is that ?

Chad warrior in there though.
Sorry, I just picked up the image. I tuned out of her stream after I found it annoying to be constantly reminded by her that "boosting is ok, just let people enjoy the game how they want."

igotboosted.png

On the other hand:
1628698794568.png

Link to the Video:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So this rando group of wow streamers think they can beat an ultimate in a week, is that the claim? They should do blind prog if they really wanna show off

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah Quazi is cool.

He didn't stream the story to avoid having to pay attention to chat but put out VODs of him doing it on YouTube. Watched is Shb videos and they were a good watch.

Malkav

French Madman
Surely that pic above isn’t their raid comp. Two white mages, two red mages,, bard and machinist?
Nah probably her just pugging shit and being bad at it doing less damage than a curebot whm.

Don't have the jobs for their comp but from a tweet from Max they are going 2 casters 1 ranged 1 melee.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do I get a nice looking DPS meter like that in game? ACT looks like a late '90's app.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Which honestly works really good, but they gotta do some research and understand how the mechs work.. Boosting and not wanting too "learn" doesn't work..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean I still took 30 seconds the other day to look at the LB page on the wiki so I knew exactly what the difference was between the various dps LBs.
Oh don't get me wrong obviously it's very easy to figure out what it does and how and it is somewhat important for raiding, just you technically don't have to figure it out and can still clear all content. It's kinda like substats, you technically don't have to know how they work, you can just meld like whatever(especially now that they removed the ability to meld piety and tenacity if you're playing a DPS so you can't go wrong) and you'll still clear even if it's not the optimal melds and shit. Hell you can probably clear without any melds if you're not doing min ilvl stuff. Point was just, a lot of stuff isn't necessary in endgame raiding, you only need to know what you're supposed to do yourself(don't need to know tank/healer mechs for example) and you need to keep your rotation up at around ~70-80% max output to beat most savage if you're not at min ilvl/you have stronger people in the party.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Don't have the jobs for their comp but from a tweet from Max they are going 2 casters 1 ranged 1 melee.
Tank @maximum - GM/RL of the world #2 guild <Limit> (Dark Knight)
Tank @Naowhxd - MT in the world #1 guild <Echo> (Gunbreaker)
Melee @Awesome2daMax - Fury Warrior for world #3 guild <Pieces> (Ninja)
Ranged @JFunkGaming - Windwalker Monk for top 100 world guild <Humble> (Bard or Dancer, he hasn't decided yet)
Caster @LimitKams - retired <Limit> Warlock (Summoner)
Caster @Naguura - lmao (Red Mage)
Healer @DatModz - only known for playing ARPGs like D3 and PoE (Astrologian)
Healer @DGLumi - married to Kams, the retired raider (Scholar)

Meanwhile:
addons1.jpg

addons2.jpg

4chan being 4chan:
carried.png

image0.png

Malkav

French Madman
These dumbasses can't do nothing without weakauras I swear.

If it was only CD tracking he wanted, he could just use the FFXIVQuickLauncher with the RemindMe plugin, way easier to setup than ACT. But you know his useless ass will want cacbot too.

Gonna be funny if he gets a ban lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think they'll ban over that, that'd go against what they usually do. Although Cactbot and such are beyond the scope of what the devs explicitely said they don't care about, as long as they're not actively harassing other people with them or obviously cheating, I don't think they'll do anything and they really shouldn't.

I checked the stream for like 5mins of that maximum guy though and it was pretty weird, like he was trying to figure out how much he'd have to call out as a "raid leader" and was lamenting that in wow he has an addon that lets him makes memos on screen so he can do better callouts but in XIV he can't do that and ppl were telling him ppl don't really do mechanics the same way, like you don't get a boss skill and you call x y and z you go stack for that and pop a cooldown, you just say the mechanic is coming and people are expected to know who goes to stack and if they need to pop a cooldown or not, and he was like "oh wow that's gonna be so easy wow is so much harder to raid lead". Like if you've done any savage, people will paste those diagrams shit and you call your spot and you basically know where you have to go and do for every mechanics just with that and the voice calls really only matter if shit's going wrong and you have to adapt.

But do people really need to be told to use their defensive cooldowns when soaking some big dmg skill in the first place in wow? World first raiders at that? Seems kinda weird to me but haven't really checked wow raiding, surely tanks know how to press their buttons to survive big hits without someone telling them though right? I get losing track of the big hits that's why the raid lead calls the mechanics out, but after that I feel people should know how to resolve them?

In XIV on cutting edge content, tanks and healers will plan their cooldown usage with their co-tank/healer for a given fight(so you don't overheal with oGCDs or overmitigate and such) but people kinda know what they need to do on their own.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how it goes tbh, because on one hand I don't think it'll go too bad, raids really aren't that hard especially if you have someone with cactbot calling all the mechanics ahead of time, but on the flipside it'd be pretty funny if it did go poorly even with cactbot.