Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Something not mentioned is squadron dungeons - with offense 5 squad members these are very fast (consistent sub 10m dungeon runs) - double archer + marauder / conj, replace 1 as needed with you. (This falls off at level 51-52 iirc, have had everything at 80 for a year or so so don’t really remember well).

Also, highly recommend doing PotD / HoH but pushing to actually clear them with friends, everyone just plays a job they wanna level and you see how far you get (and usually clear). Slower xp than 50-60 (or 20-30) spam, but great Gil and considerably more fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Something not mentioned is squadron dungeons - with offense 5 squad members these are very fast (consistent sub 10m dungeon runs) - double archer + marauder / conj, replace 1 as needed with you. (This falls off at level 51-52 iirc, have had everything at 80 for a year or so so don’t really remember well).
Yeah this is what I ended up doing, got some great exp and gear doing a bunch of Brayflox Longstop.

So Double Archer + Marauder is the best setup? Thuamaturge not useful? I know the other classes don't have AoE at 30.

Also how do you deal with run ing out of company seals? Do FATES or is there some other method to replenish them?

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah this is what I ended up doing, got some great exp and gear doing a bunch of Brayflox Longstop.

So Double Archer + Marauder is the best setup? Thuamature not useful? I know the other classes don't have AoE at 30.

Also how do you deal with run ing out of company seals? Do FATES or is there some other methid to repenish them?
You can trade in unused loot to your GC for seals.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Leave your in-game name and when you're online and one of us will hook you up.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
If you guys have an FC house, people can go to the house and apply on the placard in front of the house. Allows people to join up without the inviter and invitee both being online at the same time

pysek

<Gold Donor>
We don't at the moment. Hopefully the expansion will make some changes to housing to make it easier for us to obtain a large FC house.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Housing changes are coming with 6.1 also the separation of FC housing and Personal Housing, it sounds like they are adding more wards in that are FC housing only. And also the addition of Ishguard housing with 6.1.

Honestly right now I would be watching the residence boards like crazy, daily houses should start emptying out soon, pre-lul before expansion it usually happens, but houses do open up a lot over the week you just gotta go thru and check when you have free time. But the nice thing I think if you're buying a house for FC I don't think you need to wait for it too open up ? I don't excalty member it's been awhile sense I've bought a house.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I want Ishgard SO bad. If we go somewhere else for FC, I'll have to give up lavender beds and try for an ishgard house.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
1.png

2.jpg

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Max was bitching about Naguura getting roasted when she joined a job Discord (probably the Balance) and asked what was the RDM opener.
Which is funny, because if she did the same on Elitist Jerks back in the day she would be out the door on her ass before she could even blink.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
When I checked their innocence progress, they didn't seem to be lying, or they purposefully explained some of the mechanics horribly wrong. Individually maybe some of them looked up strats, but overall EX fights are a not really a good example to figure out if they're lying, cause EX fights are literally cleared blind in a single reset most of the time anyway, it's not like they're hard(and especially the first 2 were both really fucking straight forward). I know I've done some of them on reset and most are really not that complicated.

I haven't checked their E1S progress much, I know maximum said he cleared it so he wouldn't say anything and the little I checked he wasn't talking at all.

The gear is slightly above the gear available at the time(iirc crafted gear wasn't available until the first patch that also added normal eden? Been a while though could be remembering wrong) and yes it's pentamelded so most scrubs wouldn't have had that gear anyway but it'd be stupid for them to gear up for 2 extremes and then re-gear for savage and pentamelded gear was a thing for rich ppl/ppl who were going for world first.

I feel if they looked up guides so they'd be progressing a lot faster, and that'd go to prove the point that "FFXIV raiding is super easy unlike real hard WoW raids", the fact they're spending full resets doing Titania and Innocence is pretty far from that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This all seems unnessesarily toxic and it's their fault.

They could have just said that they were going to enjoy learning the game and do everything overgeared with guides, then actually test themselves on the last wing of Eden Savage and those Ultimate fights. With the true aim being to do real progression in Endwalker and have it be a game to play in WoW downtime.

Instead it's some kind of weird dick waving contest.

Asmongold is handling this perfectly in contrast, he's made everyone happy and is getting maximum content out of it to grow his twitch/youtube.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Sfia tried to carry Max through E1S months ago, which ... didn't seem to work. Some of them (which I think includes Naguura) admitted to watching some guides for Titania.

After watching 5 minutes of this: I don't really get this WoW style raid leading. For this shit it's expected that everyone knows the mechanics and strat for farm raids. But Max needs to call out shit every mechanic along the way, even the ones they figured out and basically tell the others what to do every step of the way.

Meanwhile, I'm like: "Bro, at some point you need to rely on the fact that your party members are adults with a functioning brain that can go potty on their own. There are farm parties with console controllers doing this shit. It's tuned on the hard end, but intended for groups of friends to pickup groups. It's supposed to be beaten."

Instead it's some kind of weird dick waving contest.
If you watch Max, he named his Lalafell "Uggo Baby" with a shit transmog to show the FFXIV community that he is not taking this seriously.

This is the same kind of bearded nu-male person that posts pictures of their Switch with an exaggerated open mouth on social media. Because once they get any kind of non-positive feedback, they immediately go "I only enjoy it ironically. You can't criticize me!"

reference.jpg

Malkav

French Madman
After watching 5 minutes of this: I don't really get this WoW style raid leading. For this shit it's expected that everyone knows the mechanics and strat for farm raids. But Max needs to call out shit every mechanic along the way, even the ones they figured out and basically tell the others what to do every step of the way.

Meanwhile, I'm like: "Bro, at some point you need to rely on the fact that your party members are adults with a functioning brain that can go potty on their own. There are farm parties with console controllers doing this shit. It's tuned on the hard end, but intended for groups of friends to pickup groups. It's supposed to be beaten."

I'm a lazy fuck, so I enjoy someone calling out mechanics so that I can tunnel, but I actually know what I have to do for each mechanic. But I can't imagine someone having to call out placements/actions for everyone lol.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
To be fair to WoW, raiding with 20+ people is more difficult than raiding with 8. The old meme in raiding is that the difficulty of a fight only increases based on the number of people who have to have personal responsibility for not wiping the raid. Group retardation grows exponentially with each additional player and luckily for FF that caps at 8, which is only a bit bigger than a M+ group.

• 1Picard