Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
To be fair to WoW, raiding with 20+ people is more difficult than raiding with 8. The old meme in raiding is that the difficulty of a fight only increases based on the number of people who have to have personal responsibility for not wiping the raid. Group retardation grows exponentially with each additional player and luckily for FF that caps at 8, which is only a bit bigger than a M+ group.

How is personnal responsibility in a 20 man in WoW? I'm pretty sure one guy messing up mechanics can easily be carried. In XIV, one guy making a mistake can wipe the whole party on a lot of mechanics. You have way higher personnal responsibility in this case.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah, mythics these days one person screws up and your run is over. Its very punishing.

Malkav

French Madman
Nah, mythics these days one person screws up and your run is over. Its very punishing.

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess WoW still has a plethora of WAs and add-ins still telling you what to do and where to stand though?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're insinuating that the add-ons make the raiding scene easy... No. No they dont.

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player but Mythic raids are too much for me. I typically do the first couple of bosses on Mythic and then call it a day. The final ones are incredibly hard and punish the raid for any minor mistake.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
You could have every add on and weak aura you want, I guarantee you won't be getting Cutting Edge. Mythic is tuned around the world first guilds and then slowly nerfed / soft nerfed with player power mechanics. Even then, my raid group is comprised of some very good players, but consistently fail to get CE because they only want to raid twice a week.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for clearing that up. Guess WoW still has a plethora of WAs and add-ins still telling you what to do and where to stand though?

To be fair, even if it did it would be on par with FFXIV. You get massive ground markers and significantly telescoped warnings of most attacks in 14.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Alright I stand corrected, thanks guys.

Do you really need to be convinced that the literal best WoW players in the world aren't idiots and that FF isnt littered with people who would hand them their asses in a world first race?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Do you really need to be convinced that the literal best WoW players in the world aren't idiots and that FF isnt littered with people who would hand them their asses in a world first race?

Them sitting there and saying that they would be good in 14, and obviously the proof shows that just cause you're good at one game, means zip in another game.

And the controller thing lol , he does realize that there are ppl who only play on ps4/5 and don't use a keyboard ? And they would all school them easy..

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Dunno, they are already gearing up to sell Mythic Sylvanas with two buyers:

On the FFXIV side, the only one who seems to do decent, gets better with time, and even showed up in full 2B glamour was the Ninja:

In other news:

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Do you really need to be convinced that the literal best WoW players in the world aren't idiots
But they are not. Max is a backseat raid leader that doesn't even participate in the raids directly anymore, one healer is the wife of someone, and the other healer is a D3/PoE player, where, and I say this as nice as possible, it is fairly obvious that playing a game with a few buttons doesn't really translate that well to the AST mechanics.

By now it's fairly obvious that they didn't send their best.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
But they are not. Max is a backseat raid leader that doesn't even participate in the raids directly anymore, one healer is the wife of someone, and the other healer is a D3/PoE player, where, and I say this as nice as possible, it is fairly obvious that playing a game with a few buttons doesn't really translate that well to the AST mechanics.

By now it's fairly obvious that they didn't send their best.
Modz has a loooong history of MMOs, just never really streamed them. I think his main issue is more that he doesnt invest time to playing and learning the class. Hes been playing POE/D2R up to raid time then figuring it out on the fly. Pretty sure he boosted the AST as well and just did the 70-80 grind. With a baby on the way I imagine he has to invest the time into the things that get the views.

Last edited:

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure why you guys are shitting on them after like 3 days of raiding. Give them a month and see where they are at. Sheesh.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Anyone using ACT/Cact and get audio queues or notifications for normal dungeons? I'm not at EDEN yet or anything that would be very useful, but I'd like to use it for regular trials/dungeons if i can. I'm not getting audio or notifications.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Anyone using ACT/Cact and get audio queues or notifications for normal dungeons? I'm not at EDEN yet or anything that would be very useful, but I'd like to use it for regular trials/dungeons if i can. I'm not getting audio or notifications.
I'd be surprised if anyone bothered to make alerts for dungeons. EX trials, sure- but likely only the 70+ ones.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Sfia tried to carry Max through E1S months ago, which ... didn't seem to work. Some of them (which I think includes Naguura) admitted to watching some guides for Titania.

After watching 5 minutes of this: I don't really get this WoW style raid leading. For this shit it's expected that everyone knows the mechanics and strat for farm raids. But Max needs to call out shit every mechanic along the way, even the ones they figured out and basically tell the others what to do every step of the way.

Meanwhile, I'm like: "Bro, at some point you need to rely on the fact that your party members are adults with a functioning brain that can go potty on their own. There are farm parties with console controllers doing this shit. It's tuned on the hard end, but intended for groups of friends to pickup groups. It's supposed to be beaten."

If you watch Max, he named his Lalafell "Uggo Baby" with a shit transmog to show the FFXIV community that he is not taking this seriously.

This is the same kind of bearded nu-male person that posts pictures of their Switch with an exaggerated open mouth on social media. Because once they get any kind of non-positive feedback, they immediately go "I only enjoy it ironically. You can't criticize me!"

Max names all of his wow characters goofy shit and has awful transmogs, this is nothing new.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Check that the fights actually have files for them. Not everything does, a lot doesn't actually, it's mostly raids and EX trials that do(and normal raids often don't have full support either). There's a debug mode to check things out if you read the readme, like you go fight the dummy in summerford and turn it on and it'll show the various type of alerts so you can position them where you want and tweak things.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
our FoH Guild on Gilgamesh is getting quite large so I spruced up the Discord channel and added a new role for FF14 guild members.

Come hang out and chat shop, especially if you're on the Aether server group, although I believe come Endwalker, everyone will be able to play with everyone.

• 1Like