Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So if there playing min-ilvl , if you go in with armor/weapon that are over ilvl, you do not get the materia bonus out of the equip, basically the game will scale the item down too min-ilvl and then remove the materia.

It's also why you'll see alot of farming parties for 04S/E4S for ultimates specifically ppl are wanting the lower ilvl too be able too have materia bonus...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
ahh Facet gear interesting.... still that party make-up ... Savage is gonna be rough DPS will need to absolutly be on top of there game if there gonna hope too do it..

And also ya bought the Cruise Chaser way too fucking cool for a mount. Also if you want a multi-person mount the Skyslipper from E4S. (E4S is incredibly easy now)
I don't think the party make up is an issue at all, a lot of statics just use whatever and this one is perfectly fine, 2 ranged DPS would be a bit harder since they do noticeably less dmg but 2 casters is basically just as good as 2 melees until pretty high skill level since melees uptime is a lot harder to keep up on prog. All they have to do is use the MCH to do "melee" mechanics since ranged DPS basically don't give a fuck where they stand and it behaves the same way as the standard setup. They also don't have a BLM which makes things easier.

The biggest issue is a lot of them are very far from knowing how to optimize their classes. Might get better once they look into it mind you but I was watching DatModz play and his AST was absolute trash. Playing cards on random people he had selected at the time(not following the melee/ranged cards and carding healers/tanks), using divination with not 3 different signs because he doesn't reroll his cards, using GCD heals a lot when an oGCD would have done the job and letting many oGCDs rot(like the star which is basically one of the more important healing tools ASTs have), not keeping his one dot up and such. Now I don't blame him, he literally hit the cap an hour before they started raiding or whatever, but you can tell he's absolutely not comfortable with his class yet. On the others I didn't look too much, but I did see the DRK(maximum the cocky guy), casting random TBNs on the other tanks, as in when the boss was just slapping autos or was doing mechanics(so the TBN didn't even soak up dmg).

So that's gonna be their biggest problem.

The parses being grey don't mean much though, no one does that fight min ilvl so they were always going to be grey. Even if they were doing optimal max DPS they'd barely tickle green.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Is 450 pentamelded better than 510?

Why wouldn't they have 510 pentamelded? I have materia in my 510 but not familiar with if some gear can't be melded or not.

They are deliberately trying to recreate the start expansion prog experience wrt gear.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

I was tanking copperbell mines at the blob boss. Not a fun experience to lag out at.

It's a DDOS attack though:
Tell Yoship I send my regards.
5dLEII4g.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Damn connections been screwy all night for me =/

I don't think the party make up is an issue at all, a lot of statics just use whatever and this one is perfectly fine, 2 ranged DPS would be a bit harder since they do noticeably less dmg but 2 casters is basically just as good as 2 melees until pretty high skill level since melees uptime is a lot harder to keep up on prog. All they have to do is use the MCH to do "melee" mechanics since ranged DPS basically don't give a fuck where they stand and it behaves the same way as the standard setup. They also don't have a BLM which makes things easier.

The biggest issue is a lot of them are very far from knowing how to optimize their classes. Might get better once they look into it mind you but I was watching DatModz play and his AST was absolute trash. Playing cards on random people he had selected at the time(not following the melee/ranged cards and carding healers/tanks), using divination with not 3 different signs because he doesn't reroll his cards, using GCD heals a lot when an oGCD would have done the job and letting many oGCDs rot(like the star which is basically one of the more important healing tools ASTs have), not keeping his one dot up and such. Now I don't blame him, he literally hit the cap an hour before they started raiding or whatever, but you can tell he's absolutely not comfortable with his class yet. On the others I didn't look too much, but I did see the DRK(maximum the cocky guy), casting random TBNs on the other tanks, as in when the boss was just slapping autos or was doing mechanics(so the TBN didn't even soak up dmg).

So that's gonna be their biggest problem.

The parses being grey don't mean much though, no one does that fight min ilvl so they were always going to be grey. Even if they were doing optimal max DPS they'd barely tickle green.

All of this does not matter, if they sit there and think they can just boost too 80 and automagically get the phat lootz in Savage...

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn connections been screwy all night for me =/

All of this does not matter, if they sit there and think they can just boost too 80 and automagically get the phat lootz in Savage...
A bunch of them didn't boost, in fact Datmodz who I was talking about actually leveled through the story, and that's a good example that leveling properly actually doesn't really teach you shit. Unless you're willing to do research, doing dungeons and easy mode trials won't teach you shit but the most basic of mechanics(get out of circles, and MAYBE you learn what the stack marker looks like). You can literally learn more in 30mins of reading a balance guide on your class and hitting a dummy and reading up one of these "new player guides" from Reddit that has picture of the various recurring raid markers, than you do in the 70hours or whatever it takes to get to cap via the MSQ.

Now you do need to want to put in the effort, but some of them looks like they're trying at least a little bit to learn their stuff, unlike that Quin idiotic stunt. It doesn't seem like it's near enough for now but once they start savage they might run into enough issues they're prompted to put in more effort. Currently I don't see them hitting DPS checks very easily on a lot of these fights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Got to agree with that. While levelling through the story you rarely ever fight anything to begin with. When you do you are almost always level synced and dont have access to half your abilities.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
A bunch of them didn't boost, in fact Datmodz who I was talking about actually leveled through the story, and that's a good example that leveling properly actually doesn't really teach you shit. Unless you're willing to do research, doing dungeons and easy mode trials won't teach you shit but the most basic of mechanics(get out of circles, and MAYBE you learn what the stack marker looks like). You can literally learn more in 30mins of reading a balance guide on your class and hitting a dummy and reading up one of these "new player guides" from Reddit that has picture of the various recurring raid markers, than you do in the 70hours or whatever it takes to get to cap via the MSQ.

Now you do need to want to put in the effort, but some of them looks like they're trying at least a little bit to learn their stuff, unlike that Quin idiotic stunt. It doesn't seem like it's near enough for now but once they start savage they might run into enough issues they're prompted to put in more effort. Currently I don't see them hitting DPS checks very easily on a lot of these fights.

I have to disagree with this. Im no world first raider, and im happy to back up my claims by posting gear and dps meter charts, but i am always in top 1-3(or #1 in group content) when i play a DPS class. And it comes from just playing the class, reading the descriptions of skills, trying them out on random quest mobs, guildheists, whatever and figuring out what works and what doesnt. Then setting up a hotkey lineup that works for what i discover.

Again i doubt im min/maxing to top potential, but to compare it to school grades its really not hard to hit A- level, just hard to take the last leap to A+

Some people are just fucking bad at the game or get carried by others.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've levelled everything to 30 which I really enjoyed and hit a brick wall. Everything seems to give drastically less exp now.

What's the best way forward without going insane?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pick what you really want to go with and just follow MSQ to 80. Get all your flight unlocks along the way. Unlock all beast tribes. Unlock POTD and HOH. If you want to level a 2nd class you now have your daily leveling roulette and DDs ready to grind out to 50. Once you have 50 you will also have MSQ and raiding roulettes to do. Personally I log in once a day and do MSQ roulette and whatever beast tribe for class I am leveling. HW beast tribes kind of suck dick in terms of xp per quest, but with roulettes you will get to 60 pretty quickly.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pick what you really want to go with and just follow MSQ to 80. Get all your flight unlocks along the way. Unlock all beast tribes. Unlock POTD and HOH. If you want to level a 2nd class you now have your daily leveling roulette and DDs ready to grind out to 50. Once you have 50 you will also have MSQ and raiding roulettes to do. Personally I log in once a day and do MSQ roulette and whatever beast tribe for class I am leveling. HW beast tribes kind of suck dick in terms of xp per quest, but with roulettes you will get to 60 pretty quickly.
Nonono I got 2 at 80 already! I want to level all the jobs to 80 and just finished getting all the job crystals.

However Beast Tribes I did forget about. Will look those up.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I usally do PotD to maybe 35-45 then after that I mainly do Daily Roulettes for a level or two per day. I wouldnt last doing onlky PotD and HoH for leveling.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I don’t mind PotD or HoH, but I’ve always got a tv show, podcast or a stream going on the second screen.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
PoTD/HoH, Run Daily's once for the exp bonus, Beast Tribe(The BT quests before Shb are kinda ehh it's a nice trickle of EXP per day but if you can't do it on a day it's no big deal), till 71.

71 - 80 Bozja CE's + Dailys + Beast Tribe(The Fae which is the only DoW/M based quests, give really good exp for how simple the quests are),it all goes really fast once you get to this point.

Don't forget also they said when Endwalker comes out exp needed for leveling is gonna be lowered, so if you're not feeling it right now *shrug*

Last edited: