Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Whats the best way to get those Lost Abilities or "buff potions"? I have like 0 potions left and ppl tend to get mad if you run the Zadnor/bosja shit without them.

They added most of the fragments to the cluster vendors in Zadnor/Bozja, so you can farm clusters to buy them (though hard if you don't have any anymore). People also sell them on the marketboard, it's not that expensive depending on the ones you want.

Castrum Lacus Litore also drops quite a bit of them.

The only issue is that depending on your job, the essence you seek can be quite a bit RNG from the fragments that gives it (sometimes fragments have a chance to give 3 or 4 different things).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Whats the best way to get those Lost Abilities or "buff potions"? I have like 0 potions left and ppl tend to get mad if you run the Zadnor/bosja shit without them.

Marketboard. or farm reflect elementals and go around and death all the Star mobs in the zone, they all drop the items.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still dont know what to play in endwalker. Might go Paladin for MSQ then try Reaper. Kinda want to try summoner also, did not like it in 5.0 but its seems very different now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I am nearing the end of 5.3 and will have 5.4 done before Endwalker early access. Got PLD and SAM at 80. Is there anything else I should aim for before release of the new expansion? Have bought the 510 Exarchic stuff for those 2 classes. Is it worth trying to get higher gear (other than raid drops)? I suspect waiting for the 530 gear to be on Poetics is probably the better idea?
You can do all of the normal content with 510 gear, probably most of savage too.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cluster farm in Bozja give memories for one of the first steps(the HW FATEs one iirc). Cluster farm in Zadnor doesn't give anything.

They also dropped bitter memories. Unless they changed this, you could get clusters, HW fate drops, and Bitter Memories from those farms. Correct, not in Zadnor.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Current jobs, just finished Warrior to 80. I try to level while I farm poetics for the Anima relic. Might do Machinist next.

jobs.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They also dropped bitter memories. Unless they changed this, you could get clusters, HW fate drops, and Bitter Memories from those farms. Correct, not in Zadnor.
Yep, just did this! Was after the bitter memories and got about 8 of them in an hour or so maybe? Had a full 8 man group farming all 3 zones. Pretty good time if you have a tank with Bloodsucker holding aggro so you can just go off on the AoE's!

• 1Solidarity

Crone

So trying to get a static going with some friends and have 5 people. In another 2 months when Savage actually releases who knows how many will be left or what we'll have but right now they have me slotted as one of the tanks. Big SCURRRRRREEDDD!!

I always want to tank, but never was like the 100% raid attendance raider know every single fight in and out type of player, so it never fit. I'm still not that person so hopefully the "scripted" nature of FFXIV raids will make it easier for me to learn.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any thoughts when they're likely to drop the price on level boost to 70?

I'm shamefully broke and can't be arsed to level Brd and Blm so will probs boost them.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Any thoughts when they're likely to drop the price on level boost to 70?

I'm shamefully broke and can't be arsed to level Brd and Blm so will probs boost them.
I boosted scholar recently and am trying to wing it in Zadnor. So many more buttons it seems

Malkav

French Madman
I would wait for boosts.

After early access they'll probably release lvl80 boosts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Boosts release with early access, so that's also when the prices will be lowered. Obviously, that'll still mean you have to do 70-80 with them unless you buy a 80 boost(but that'd be the same price as the current boost).

• 1Like

Cybsled

They had a recent sale on level boosts. Game comes out in a month and boosts will be changed to 80

• 1Like

Crone

I've not done the raids at all for any Tier going all the way back to ARR. I farmed all my Resistance relic weapons via Bozjan/Zadnor rather than doing the raids, and in hindsight I regret. Anyone out there in the same boat, or don't mind blasting through a bunch of old normal raids? I'm gonna just start queuing for them through Duty Finder.

Before EW release I wanna do Alexander raids, "Crystal Tower" raids, which I think is Deltascape? and all the Eden raids e1n-e12n. I need to Google all this.

Crone Pie on Gilgamesh is me! Hit me up!

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I really want to do mount and cosmo runs. All raids, including bahamut, and the lanner mounts, all that. But I want to just go in overgeared and slap the crap out of all of it and get the goodies. I have no talent to take on high (or mid) tier current content.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've not done the raids at all for any Tier going all the way back to ARR. I farmed all my Resistance relic weapons via Bozjan/Zadnor rather than doing the raids, and in hindsight I regret. Anyone out there in the same boat, or don't mind blasting through a bunch of old normal raids? I'm gonna just start queuing for them through Duty Finder.

Before EW release I wanna do Alexander raids, "Crystal Tower" raids, which I think is Deltascape? and all the Eden raids e1n-e12n. I need to Google all this.

Crone Pie on Gilgamesh is me! Hit me up!
Do Eden ASAP, it's great (best raid I've ever done) and Shadowbringers story relevent. It's basically the third final boss of the expansion after the two last two MSQ trials.

Crystal Tower is the back story for Crystal Exarch and you are forced to play it at the end of ARR if you did ARR recently. It's faceroll nowadays.

Alexander and Omega tie into The Twinning dungeon (how Crystal Exarch managed to teleport the Crystal Tower) but are mostly a minor lore detail.

You must have done Ivalice to get into Bozja.

I never did the Heavensward 24 man, no idea what it is.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never did the Heavensward 24 man, no idea what it is.
Rather dull and not particularly relevant to anything else in the game aside from reusing Diabolos because that wasn't even his final form when you fought him back in the Lost City of Amdapor.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I have recently party findered all of the ARR, Heavensward and Stormblood 8 and 24 man raids and the only one which wasn't extremely pushover easy was Twintania (Bahamuts Coil Turn 5).
Most of the ARR and HW ones are pretty dull but the Omega fights are almost all a lot of fun and Ivalice has some good ones too. Just started on Yorha last night.