Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The music in this game is pretty damn good. I was enjoying the Rak'tika zone song so much I was getting super annoyed by my mount music turning it off. So much so I tried to research a mount that doesn't have music and couldn't find one.. then I thought maybe there is a way to disable mount music.. huzzah, there is! happy days!
Yeah turned off mount music 8years ago when I got annoyed I couldn't hear Coerthas music between farming FATEs back in ARR and never turned it back on(might have turned back on when I had to wipe settings once but yeah). There's some good ones, but I dislike how it just breaks the zone music everytime you mount, which is pretty often. The game also has amazing music so it's always on for me.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played some on my Black Mage yesterday when farming Hells Lid. It's great dps for sure but damn the sub 80 experience sucks. It seems that's fixed with Endwalker. Seems that the trait for switching between stances is moved to lvl 1.

Haven't really checked the changes from media tour a lot but BLM seems improved in small but good ways. Still undecided what to play but might do Paladin or Black Mage first.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Do we know about when the 6.0 patch is going to launch? Thanks to work and other shit, I haven't been able to start farming irregular tomes yet and I'd like to at least get the jacket, and maybe the 2 exclusive maps (those three items are the only exclusives, right?). What's the fastest way to farm this shit other than Turn 2? I don't have BLU leveled. :(

Malkav

French Madman
Do we know about when the 6.0 patch is going to launch? Thanks to work and other shit, I haven't been able to start farming irregular tomes yet and I'd like to at least get the jacket, and maybe the 2 exclusive maps (those three items are the only exclusives, right?). What's the fastest way to farm this shit other than Turn 2? I don't have BLU leveled. :(
6.0 releases with Endwalker early access on November 19th. Expect the server to be down for about 24 hours before that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

the maps are just the same as regular maps except they are guaranteed to spawn a treasure portal. They aren't something you especially need to farm for or will miss out on

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah as mentionned you'd have until Nov 18th or so when the 24h maintenance will start for the expansion. Don't farm the maps, only thing you "need" is the vest, everything else is available in the game normally. You can farm it doing T2 with normal classes, I see parties doing that, it takes more effort though.

You could also just level BLU. Either find someone to plvl you then it'll take like an hour total, or do it on your own and it takes a few hours, you really only need to get to ~50 and get Moon Flute(10stages of carnival, doable pretty easily), Whistle(dhalmel in Clouds which are doable at around 50), Sting(bees in La Noscea iirc so low lvl stuff) and MAYBE Death but don't even need that as long as a few people have it. Aetherial Manip/Missile/primal spells can help, but honestly you only need like 3 BLUs with the spells, everyone else is just gonna sting the boss and that's it. I'd wager it'd take about 4-5hours if purely solo, maybe even less not too sure, and it'd be useful later too, BLU is always the go to for these farming events and old FATE farming like for relics and stuff.

You can also pretty much get it doing one Ala Mhigo a day or whatever, also gives a chance to get the mount from there and it's braindead easy.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah as mentionned you'd have until Nov 18th or so when the 24h maintenance will start for the expansion. Don't farm the maps, only thing you "need" is the vest, everything else is available in the game normally. You can farm it doing T2 with normal classes, I see parties doing that, it takes more effort though.

You could also just level BLU. Either find someone to plvl you then it'll take like an hour total, or do it on your own and it takes a few hours, you really only need to get to ~50 and get Moon Flute(10stages of carnival, doable pretty easily), Whistle(dhalmel in Clouds which are doable at around 50), Sting(bees in La Noscea iirc so low lvl stuff) and MAYBE Death but don't even need that as long as a few people have it. Aetherial Manip/Missile/primal spells can help, but honestly you only need like 3 BLUs with the spells, everyone else is just gonna sting the boss and that's it. I'd wager it'd take about 4-5hours if purely solo, maybe even less not too sure, and it'd be useful later too, BLU is always the go to for these farming events and old FATE farming like for relics and stuff.

You can also pretty much get it doing one Ala Mhigo a day or whatever, also gives a chance to get the mount from there and it's braindead easy.

The only other thing I'd recommend getting is the hairstyle if you care about that since it comes from PVP and fuck that.

Malkav

French Madman
That full girl UWU group looks like an hilarious clusterfuck. I have no idea how Naguura ended up in there though.

It's just Zepla as a viera, a catgirl, and 6 lalas.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't get how that Naguura chick is everywhere. She seems dumb as a rock. Every time she dies in one of these clips, you can see the single gear in her head trying very, very hard to turn.

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I suspect Naguura is getting invited to these things as she has a higher profile after running with Limit Max and co for the last couple of months. I agree though, she comes across as dumb as a rock. Her Twitch game is obviously better than most other FFXIV streamers though.

Malkav

French Madman
It's noticeable that Zepla was a teacher before becoming a streamer haha.

On one hand they have Naguura, but on the other they have Stal and Spofie, so they should be fine.

I have no idea about Annie's skill level though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Isn't she still an english teacher in the Ukraine?

In her YouTube videos she refers to herself occasionally as a former teacher or references when she used to teach. I do not believe she currently teaches but I do not cyber stalk her enough to be 100% sure.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Once you're over 150k subs, with family friendly content so non-buggered ad revenue, it's not like you need to do another job. Just gotta avoid cursing and First Person Shooters and you can make a decent living at moderate YouTube viewership

Malkav

French Madman
ToS were just updated to combat boost selling : it is now an actionnable offense to advertise boosts in Party Finder.

Also, a welcome update to ToS : account strikes can now expire (after a year for a warning, after 3 years minimum for a temp ban).

They also updated prohibited activities with some retarded stuff, so get ready for things to be even more silent in PF/DF.

• Excessively criticising or condemning others. Statements such as "you're bad at [something]" or "you're not getting [something] at all" are prohibited. If a report has been filed and the prohibited activity is confirmed, a penalty will be issued.
    * It is not a violation to offer advice when pointing out issues; however, it should be treated as advice only and not something that must be followed. You cannot force someone to play a certain way without the consent of both parties. If such a situation does arise, it could be determined to be giving excessive criticism against that player.
    In the following example, player A is excessively criticising player B. If player B is not asking for any advice, player A cannot force player B to play a specific way. This type of situation can be determined as an act of excessive criticism.
    • Player A: B, you're doing this part wrong.
    • Player B: I understand, I'll try harder.
    • Player A: You understand the mechanics? Want me to teach you?
    • Player B: I do understand, I'm OK. Thank you.
    • Player A: You sure you understand? You keep on screwing up. You should do [something] on [something].
    • Player B: I understand, I'm sorry.
    • Player A: You sure? If you don't know let me know, ok? B, you're screwing up so many times, you're really dragging this out for us.
    • Player B: I'm sorry.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users