Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
we wiped 4x on Lyon in Castrum due to the TOP party not having enough DPS. I told them they sucked a gigantic cock. I assume that’s not allowed under the TOS?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
we wiped 4x on Lyon in Castrum due to the TOP party not having enough DPS. I told them they sucked a gigantic cock. I assume that’s not allowed under the TOS?
It's not even that the mechanics up there are hard or that the DPS check is hard. People just suck.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You have to tell people they suck cock generally, not in specific terms of gameplay

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How was the beginning of WoW any different?!

Wow intro you start killing shit right out the gate. FF14 you start out in some city talking about your feelings and some job board for faggots with no direction. Then you bump into random faggot guards for Gil and then... blah blah time to log off. Maybe if the intro was an intro and not aimless dogshit I would of made it further.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Wow intro you start killing shit right out the gate. FF14 you start out in some city talking about your feelings and some job board for faggots with no direction. Then you bump into random faggot guards for Gil and then... blah blah time to log off. Maybe if the intro was an intro and not aimless dogshit I would of made it further.

If every single WoW content creator, even the ADD PvP jockey is raving about this game maybe there is something to it. You can literally play every class on one character, your altitis would never be happier. Yes it's a slower start. Still an amazing game and I know you would like it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yes it's a slower start. Still an amazing game and I know you would like it.
To be honest, ARR MSQ is a bit of a mess, because they were hurrying to fix from an even bigger mess. But it is tolerable.

However, the nickname "World of Cinematics" is appropriate. When you get an explicit prompt "set aside an hour before accepting this quest", you do know it's going to be absolutely irritating for the ADHD "need to kill stuff now" players.

But I wouldn't trade the FF14 MSQ for all of WoW's stories. It's telegraphed, over the top... and you love it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
I dunno, I really liked the story in shadowbringer, i even rewatched part of it.
Is there a way to redo the fights where you are Thancred or things like that without redoing all shadowbringer btw?

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to redo the fights where you are Thancred or things like that without redoing all shadowbringer btw?

I know what you're specifically asking for I think and the answer is no. The closest you can come is New Game+ which goes by chapters of the story and not one specific event.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
I never tried this newgame+, does it lock you from some trials/dungeons until you finish it, can you leave it at any time?

Malkav

French Madman
I never tried this newgame+, does it lock you from some trials/dungeons until you finish it, can you leave it at any time?

You can suspend it any time and then gome back to the spot you were, so you can get back to current content easily.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Buying the ARR story skip and a level boost to Heavensward is probably the way to go. If you REALLY get hooked on the story, you could always go back and NG+ it, but you won't. Watch a video summary of the lore and treat 2.0 as a prequel and you'll have a much more streamlined experience. It's funny that people applaud the idea of being able to drop into end game content with pentamelded, tradable gear, but then look down on people who skip out on 200 hours of picking berries for Britney Spears.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Buying the ARR story skip and a level boost to Heavensward is probably the way to go. If you REALLY get hooked on the story, you could always go back and NG+ it, but you won't. Watch a video summary of the lore and treat 2.0 as a prequel and you'll have a much more streamlined experience. It's funny that people applaud the idea of being able to drop into end game content with pentamelded, tradable gear, but then look down on people who skip out on 200 hours of picking berries for Britney Spears.
Well one involves following the story which is a strong point of XIV, as well as learning your class as you progress(which isn't true imo but that's the logic at least), while the other involves grinding outdated content repeatedly for currency until you have enough to enter the content people are doing. I don't think they're quite the same, although personally I don't have much of an issue with people who skip, if that's what they want to do then they can do it, doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the story or not. Hell I often recommend it if people really hate the story since as you said you can always go back and do it if you're curious(either by making a new char or just doing NG+).

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
FF14 is all about unlocking stuff before you can play it, you only have to unlock the fun stuff once.

WoW is a skinner box where you have daily and weekly chores to keep up.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users