Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well done on the spoilers guys! Slow-ass level 85 on the EU molasses server appreciates your efforts.

One question, do you think the dungeons are unlocked a little too late in the MSQ? I mean, I managed to unlock the 81 dungeon at around 83 and I just dinged 85 last night and still have to unlock the 83 one. By the time I've run it a few times any gear drops have already been invalidated by the quest gear.

Might be as a result of me doing every sidequest rather than just blasting through the MSQ.
Well yeah if you do sidequests you'll be overleveled. Early on you get more xp from the MSQ(cause of the split thing they do every expansion) so you'll be like 2lvls above normally but as you progress you get less than you need every level so it evens out halfway, but any side activities will keep you ahead. Sidequests are generally better kept for an alt or something, but if you enjoy doing them then you can keep doing that although you will hit 90 well before the MSQ is 90.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Maintenance seemed to help with queue. 1 hour in queue and no error 2002 yet. *knock on wood*

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I just do MSQ and currents. Only had to grind 1 fate from 89-90 to keep up with MSQ, everything else you can do on alt jobs.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't think she instigated anything. First off because she simply couldn't do all that much, over the years after the Ascians blew up worlds to get Zodiark whole again and shit, her power faded a ton as he got stronger. Second, her only plan for the Final Days from the start was escaping. That's why she made the rabbits to build the Ark to get the fuck out. She did observe people and granted some her blessing, partly to try to fight back against the Ascians that kept fucking up shit. She kept hope that MAYBE, big maybe, someone would arise that could indeed defeat Meteion, but that was just wishful thinking and she didn't really consciously prepare to do that, the initial plan was always to just run away if it came back.

We just happen to be really badass and all and so once it was clear that there was a chance not to leave the planet to die, then she decided to do that instead, if we could defeat her(and in the case we couldn't, it was still get the fuck off the planet plan A). But all the Ascian shit is them doing Ascian shit. She didn't make them blow up worlds and kill people and make the Garlean empire and whatever else these fuckheads came up with, but she was too busy keeping Zodiark inactive to do much about it directly.
I feel like Astr0 up in here - but why did the Ascians summon Zodiark in the first place a long with their population if none present had any recollection of Meteion, and thus the final days? At that point, wouldn't Venat and WOL be the only beings with knowledge of those events? They did that, destroyed their people and then Venat becomes Hydaelan to balance Zodiark? Also, the white-robed Ascian at the very very end? Are we supposed to know who that is?

Finally finished everything, really enjoyed this - probably the most of any of the expansions as a stand alone story. Thought SHB was perhaps a bit better as a continuation of the existing story, and the music was better in SHB as well. However, the highs here are as high or higher than any previous expansion, and the low points (mentioned here a few times already) while kind of shitty, they didn't feel any shittier than the low points in SHB or SB or whatever which are still fresh in my mind having only gone through that content a few months ago. Satisfying ending, now to take a break.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I feel like Astr0 up in here - but why did the Ascians summon Zodiark in the first place a long with their population if none present had any recollection of Meteion, and thus the final days? At that point, wouldn't Venat and WOL be the only beings with knowledge of those events? They did that, destroyed their people and then Venat becomes Hydaelan to balance Zodiark? Also, the white-robed Ascian at the very very end? Are we supposed to know who that is?

Finally finished everything, really enjoyed this - probably the most of any of the expansions as a stand alone story. Thought SHB was perhaps a bit better as a continuation of the existing story, and the music was better in SHB as well. However, the highs here are as high or higher than any previous expansion, and the low points (mentioned here a few times already) while kind of shitty, they didn't feel any shittier than the low points in SHB or SB or whatever which are still fresh in my mind having only gone through that content a few months ago. Satisfying ending, now to take a break.
Because the Final Days happened to them, quite some time after the events of Elpis. Amaurot in flames was the Final Days. They summoned Zodiark, which fixed everything and protected the planet with enough aether so that Dynamis couldn't cause the Final Days again, and Venat summoned Hydaelin. Final Days happened a SECOND TIME in our time once we defeated Zodiark, thus removing his protection

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
So do you just do the quests that award armour and wind currents or just the latter?
i do pure MSQ on main class and swap into secondary class for side quests, blue quests, sightseeing points, or just anything else that grants side xp.

• 1Solidarity

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
i do pure MSQ on main class and swap into secondary class for side quests, blue quests, sightseeing points, or just anything else that grants side xp.
Yep same here. I hit a roadblock at 88, needed to do one dungeon to hit 89 and continue MSQ. Otherwise just mainlined MSQ

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was 90 before the last zone landed; did exactly 1 msq roulette and one leveling roulette. Was rested/10% fc buff for the entire ride; probably could have gotten away with not doing those roulettes with all the final zone quests at 89.

Really good expansion; shit kicks into gear from like 83 on and never really let's up.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I was 90 prior to final zone only doing some fates with Aether current quests and MSQ...Gilg just died, though. Was in Final Trial and beat it, trying to exit 90k'd me and now in 3300 queue. I want to watch my cutscenes. I'll post spoiler thoughts/review a little later, gotta chill for a bit while waiting in this queue.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Just asked the XIVLauncher discord for a proper TTS plugin.

If you know, you know.

• 1WTF

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I have never straight up DC’d from this game the entire time I’ve played it (which I guess is a bit of a testament to their stability) until now. Just got through a 4.5k queue, hopped in a dungeon and DC’d during a boss and came back to an 8.1k queue. Bit rustled. Baby sitting this shit is getting pretty annoying.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I lucked out hard. My queue got down to 450, I got lobby error'd 3 times in a row, figured I was screwed, but put me right back in at the start of the post Final Trial cutscene...and when people got booted off gilg again, I was still technically in an instance server for all the ending scenes/credits and by the time I was done all that, outside was fixed so I dodged queue again.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Going to second week of this in a day and it is not one bit better. If anything it is getting worse.

Again they are not even trying to fix it. They are just milking it at this point.

Two years to prepare and it's still ass just to log in.

Again if it was just the queue time this would not be an issue. It's the 2002 disconnect bullshit every few minutes no matter how much you watch it to try to stop it.

It's to the point that it feels deliberate.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I’m sure they’re deliberately souring the shit out of people at a time when they’ve had the most eyes on them ever. Do tell me how they benefit from that. They warned it was going to be shit. It’s shit. No surprise. Pretty much the only thing they can do at this point is give out more game time.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So was planning to do GNB for my tank but then saw some WAR meme on reddit and checked out the skills a bit more, did some sidequests/FATEs to 81 and did a dungeon and gotta say WAR is really fucking fun with the self healing, so probably just gonna do that instead. Now you can just pop Raw Intuition and get both the dmg reduction and the stupid self healing(which was changed to a potency value, but it's still a benediction every aoe on trash packs). That's even before the 82 version of the skill that makes it stronger by adding a shield and additional short duration mitigation. Also not needing rage for charge makes it a lot less stupid, and testing on dummies I was surprised at the angle on Overpower, I guess at some point they must have buffed it cause it's almost 180°, like not quite but it's much larger than I remember, so I can deal with it. Wish it could be used without a target but eh.

As a side note, my fishing retainer has been dumping all the GC turn-in fishes I saved up during ShB, up to 12millions worth of fishes sold so far and I still have about 150fishes that are currently selling at 70k each. Sadly the HQ change reduced the value of my stacks a bit but eh pretty good for checking favorites every now and then and buying the cheap ones over the course of the expansion. Fishing retainer is also the first to hit 90, checking the market prices, Cod is worth 10k each so 70k per venture, pretty cool money for now until it drops(I assume if master book in 6.05 adds a better food than det/crit, then it'll drop hard but if it doesn't, then it's gonna stay decent money for a while).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
9692C357-9C62-435B-A4CC-A1A3C36D34E2.jpeg

Saw this somewhere earlier, apparently UPS dropping off a collectors edition to someone.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users