Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
To pyros’s point, if you’re a pf lifer like me (my schedule is way too inconsistent to be in a static, and hour long prime time queues don’t help) , it’s absolutely critical you get the first two savage fights done in the first week, and the first one done in the first couple days. Those are my most stressful raid tier moments.
This is the situation I'm in at the moment. Got P1S down on the 2nd night, still can't get a P2S clear. I've never actually seen enrage even though I've been in groups that could consistently get to the 2nd disassociation.
Main problem in the best (mechanics wise anyway) groups I've been in was people dying to unavoidable raidwides. Common one was last nights group that couldn't for the life of them survive the coherence stack after being bumped by chanelling overflow. I assume it was healer failures - one was a sage which I'm inherently suspicious of.
I have sympathy for them because there's not much margin for error and since people are still learning mechanics there are times that healers are obviously too busy trying to stand in the right place and are forgetting to heal. Had to invuln so many times to keep myself alive while healers were distracted.
I am probably going to start joining A2C-must have seen enrage groups today even though I haven't seen enrage, just because I'm rock solid on mechs up to 2nd diss and hopefully I can fake it until I make it through the final phase.
I don't mind dying over and over since I find the fights very fun, but I definitely want to be joining duty completed groups after reset.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looking to get back into this after missing a few expansions. Is the que still crazy?
Mirror whatever you play on to your phone (PSPlay for PS, lots of options for PC) and get queued while on your way home from work.

It is getting a bit better, I can log in later and later every day without queue.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nidhogg did nothing wrong. Just sayin'
I feel like Nidhogg/Vitra's sister is going to be a problem.

I think she's the only first brood we haven't seen, Vitra mentioned that she doesn't respond to mesages and he is sending Estinien on a mission somewhere.

Maybe she's in Mercydia?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Azulmagia BLU fight is really starting to fucking annoy me.

It's cockblocking me on unlocking the BLU partyfinder tool but I can't see to beat it with either Loom (pain in the ass to use on controller) or Diamondback.

Also, went it to the fight with Aetherial Mimicry (Healer) on but it seemed to drop off after Act 1. I thought it was permanent until cancelled.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
(pain in the ass to use on controller)

Found your problem

In other news, this seems easy enough

1641819823745.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This Azulmagia BLU fight is really starting to fucking annoy me.

It's cockblocking me on unlocking the BLU partyfinder tool but I can't see to beat it with either Loom (pain in the ass to use on controller) or Diamondback.

Also, went it to the fight with Aetherial Mimicry (Healer) on but it seemed to drop off after Act 1. I thought it was permanent until cancelled.
Loom should be fine on controller with the new settings, at least for this fight. Since you know when the meteor is being cast, just move to the edge and start targetting Loom. Make sure you increase scroll speed for the target on pad(default is 50, can make it 75 or whatever), and make sure you have the Limit ring movement to targetting range option(char options > control settings > target), this way you can just move the cursor as far as possible without needing to worry about moving it too far. That makes it very easy to always cast at max range. After that dodge the 2nd mechanic and he should die right after(if needed use Whistle+Sting combo to finish, can chunk him really hard).

For Aetherial mimicry it does stay between rounds. You likely pressed it again by mistake, make sure it's not a too accessible key, as pressing it again will cancel the current buff and if you panic it can suck.

Can also look at Perfect Blue videos, since these require 0dmg taken, they're usually better at explaining how to dodge mechanics. Honestly should be pretty easy especially if you got some of the 70 skills(but even without), he dies without casting most of his stuff. If you do it with DPS mimicry and enough primal spells, you can final sting him before he even casts meteor. I think you need to kill him to unlock Moon Flute though, maybe? So that'd be a bit harder to do without, but if you do have Moon Flute you can final sting him for like 25%(more if you crit/dhit sting but not important). If you have Tingle, probably 30%.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1641873519507.png

Pugged P1S. Fun fight. Pretty easy with the timers pf strat.

For those that need it... Timers strat for P1S. Easily puggable.

Start by having your party hug top left, look at their buffs (purple goes to inner, red outer), and then adjust to their spot and just stand there.

1641873591853.png

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loom should be fine on controller with the new settings, at least for this fight. Since you know when the meteor is being cast, just move to the edge and start targetting Loom. Make sure you increase scroll speed for the target on pad(default is 50, can make it 75 or whatever), and make sure you have the Limit ring movement to targetting range option(char options > control settings > target), this way you can just move the cursor as far as possible without needing to worry about moving it too far. That makes it very easy to always cast at max range. After that dodge the 2nd mechanic and he should die right after(if needed use Whistle+Sting combo to finish, can chunk him really hard).

For Aetherial mimicry it does stay between rounds. You likely pressed it again by mistake, make sure it's not a too accessible key, as pressing it again will cancel the current buff and if you panic it can suck.

Can also look at Perfect Blue videos, since these require 0dmg taken, they're usually better at explaining how to dodge mechanics. Honestly should be pretty easy especially if you got some of the 70 skills(but even without), he dies without casting most of his stuff. If you do it with DPS mimicry and enough primal spells, you can final sting him before he even casts meteor. I think you need to kill him to unlock Moon Flute though, maybe? So that'd be a bit harder to do without, but if you do have Moon Flute you can final sting him for like 25%(more if you crit/dhit sting but not important). If you have Tingle, probably 30%.

Thanks for this, really helped. Beat him last night after a few attempts.

Then I came up against Siegfried...

Think I'll get 70 first and unlock the Primal spells. Most of the guides seem to indicate these make a difference.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for this, really helped. Beat him last night after a few attempts.

Then I came up against Siegfried...

Think I'll get 70 first and unlock the Primal spells. Most of the guides seem to indicate these make a difference.
Probably yeah, although the fight was released with 60 cap so it is doable with only 60 spells, just makes it easier to get 70 stuff.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
JesseCox had a pretty good theory: Lahabrea is just a title, so we don’t know the real name of Lahabrea in ARR/HW.

Another theme is the Ascians in the past have generally turned out to be mostly decent people.

His theory is the Lahabrea in the raid isn’t the Lahabrea we know. Rather, we will defeat him and his son gets the title, since he is the only person qualified enough to manage Pandamonium. The the big twist will be this nice dude helping us out ultimately becomes the shithead we know. I think he will probably end up being right.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
JesseCox had a pretty good theory: Lahabrea is just a title, so we don’t know the real name of Lahabrea in ARR/HW.

Another theme is the Ascians in the past have generally turned out to be mostly decent people.

His theory is the Lahabrea in the raid isn’t the Lahabrea we know. Rather, we will defeat him and his son gets the title, since he is the only person qualified enough to manage Pandamonium. The the big twist will be this nice dude helping us out ultimately becomes the shithead we know. I think he will probably end up being right.
Oh yeah that's definitely a 50/50 chance.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When you're the center of the universe, everyone else moves around you

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone who used to play a caster in EQ should pick up BLU if you haven't already.

It reminded me of what it was like to have to tailor my spell bar to an encounter. That and having to hunt down spells from a load of different sources.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Except Ericthonios is a powerless mook by Amaurotine standards, why would he be elevated to the convocation? Themis is the interesting one.

Also Emet-Selch was not a decent person. Elidibus was not a decent primerson. None of the Ascians were decent people, the only real difference between Emet-Selch and Lahabrea was that Lahabrea died before a much better writer took over the MSQ. Shadowbringers may have made us finally understand why Emet-Selch was such a monster, but that understanding didn't make him any less of a monster. Nor does his somewhat ambiguous behavior at the end even begin to make a start on redemption for his countless sins.