Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Except Ericthonios is a powerless mook by Amaurotine standards, why would he be elevated to the convocation? Themis is the interesting one.

Also Emet-Selch was not a decent person. Elidibus was not a decent primerson. None of the Ascians were decent people, the only real difference between Emet-Selch and Lahabrea was that Lahabrea died before a much better writer took over the MSQ. Shadowbringers may have made us finally understand why Emet-Selch was such a monster, but that understanding didn't make him any less of a monster. Nor does his somewhat ambiguous behavior at the end even begin to make a start on redemption for his countless sins.
Lahabrea is a low powered mook though.

He's a dungeon boss that a primal evaporates.

Emet is powerful, he transforms for battle and then has a final form on top of that.

Elidibus is smart, he knows he has no chance so imbues himself with the power of the heroes of light to battle you.

Even sundered Nabriales, Mitron, Lohgrif and Fandaniel show more power in their various boss fights.

Cybsled

Except Ericthonios is a powerless mook by Amaurotine standards, why would he be elevated to the convocation? Themis is the interesting one.

Also Emet-Selch was not a decent person. Elidibus was not a decent primerson. None of the Ascians were decent people, the only real difference between Emet-Selch and Lahabrea was that Lahabrea died before a much better writer took over the MSQ. Shadowbringers may have made us finally understand why Emet-Selch was such a monster, but that understanding didn't make him any less of a monster. Nor does his somewhat ambiguous behavior at the end even begin to make a start on redemption for his countless sins.

Ascians in the past were decent was the point. I’m not talking ARR, I’m talking the unsundered world.

But yes, they became monsters later. Emet even mentions at the end end that his ideals and what have you didn’t change. The game does do an excellent job of making you understand why Emet turned into what he did and why mentally he could accept his actions as “good”.

As for Eric, the Ancients are pragmatic. Even if his power was wanting by their standards, he still knows the Pandemonium. Plus we have 2 more raid series to go, so we could see more of his abilities

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have completed the award winning heavensward expansion. Are the other expansions about the same pace for completion?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As for Eric, the Ancients are pragmatic. Even if his power was wanting by their standards, he still knows the Pandemonium. Plus we have 2 more raid series to go, so we could see more of his abilities
I mean whoever ends up being Lahabrea, he has to be utterly exceptional even by their standards because he ends up as one of the three(two) Unsundered.

Lahabrea is a low powered mook though.

He's a dungeon boss that a primal evaporates.
Sophistry.

Cybsled

I mean whoever ends up being Lahabrea, he has to be utterly exceptional even by their standards because he ends up as one of the three(two) Unsundered.

It had less to do with being exceptional than being in the right place at right time to avoid being sundered was my understanding. If Emet wasn’t exploring the lifestream when it happened, he would have been split too

Malkav

French Madman
I mean, we're in a time loop. The 3 Unsundered may very well be Unsundered because we told Venat they were.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm going to guess that Lahabrea was in or escaped to Pandaemonium, Emet was in or escaped to the Aetherial Sea and of course Elidibus was the core of Zodiark and it was the limbs that were sundered.

Or it was a huge fight and those two were just lucky.

I don't think we know anything about it. Was it even a battle or did Hydaelin do it from range somehow?

Cybsled

I can't recall where that was mentioned, but it may have been one of the short stories they posted on their website

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I mean, we're in a time loop. The 3 Unsundered may very well be Unsundered because we told Venat they were.
Yeah, maybe Venat didn't sunder him because we told her he was important later. Time loops are fucky things.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
For anyone who's cleared P3S, what strat did you use for darkened fire? The few practice groups I've joined use set positions ignoring the numbers. It's easier to do but it means you don't know which fire will be attackable first and everyone takes way more damage from being hit by 2 fireballs. Seems suboptimal.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I have completed the award winning heavensward expansion. Are the other expansions about the same pace for completion?
I think that’s about right, maybe slightly less for endwalker, ShB seemed to be about the same. Both excellent

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
am I right in thinking if I don’t jump on the P savage train in the beginning here it’s going to be very hard to clear? So many of the T2 PF groups are ilvl 580 now as well. Pain in the ass for myself who is 570-575 still trying to get some weapons

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
am I right in thinking if I don’t jump on the P savage train in the beginning here it’s going to be very hard to clear? So many of the T2 PF groups are ilvl 580 now as well. Pain in the ass for myself who is 570-575 still trying to get some weapons
This is my first time doing savages but it does look that way already. First week there were usually dozens of practice groups for 1S and 2S but now there's not many, most people are running duty completed groups or on 3S 4S already.

You can just craft 580 or buy 580 crafted if ilvl is holding you back.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It will be somewhat harder as time goes by and the better players clear, but also people get more gear(tomes and drops and in a few months the catchup mechanics with augmented crafted/24man drops/24man currency and hunt nuts for upgrade mats) so it gets easier to clear with worse players too.

That said for your issue, just get crafted gear. Mix with EX and normal raid gear if you want cheaper options. My sets are all mixed, keeping any EX gear that has crit/det/dhit, getting the normal drops that have these stats as well then filling up the holes with crafted. This was a lot cheaper and honestly doesn't make a big difference since I'm not pentamelding anyway. Granted I just craft for myself so only paying mats price, but was still cheap, I have healer/tank/caster/phys ranged geared and I think I spent maybe 1.5m total or so? And I mean, I used materials worth that much, I actually didn't spend much directly, mostly turned tomes into mats. I sold my 2k tomes the first day for like 4.5m or whatever, and then farmed some more+bought a few.

It's the reason why most parties ask for 580, it's just so easy to get. Make sure to visit other servers to check prices(do it out of prime time though so you don't get stuck in world visit), pieces are like 200k on my servers for most of them.

• 1Like

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
For anyone who's cleared P3S, what strat did you use for darkened fire? The few practice groups I've joined use set positions ignoring the numbers. It's easier to do but it means you don't know which fire will be attackable first and everyone takes way more damage from being hit by 2 fireballs. Seems suboptimal.
We cleared in pf wk1 using the normal pf strat and it is fine - just make sure everyone hits fire to left as soon as second fireball has hit it (should be clockwise / obvious which is attackable?)

In general if you’re in PF changing from known strats will give you 100% more grief than just doing the known strat, and even if the known strat is bad it will be less bad than trying to get the group to understand something else.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pyromancer is a horrifically shit streamer.

I watched Zepla do the end of EW MSQ and she just played through it like a normal person and reacted to things like a human. Was a great experience.

Yesterday I watched Pyromancer do the end of the ShB MSQ and it was constant delays. He was randomly exploring dead ends, doing Aether Current quests, complaining that Amerout (that he shouldn't know about) was visible, submitting a bug report, spending ages taking screenshots, randomly vanishing, shouting at his dog and disconnects. Total waste of time. When he gets to the good bits he manually copies down the dialogue into a notebook for some fucking reason and didn't react very well honestly.

I've seen a bunch of streamers finish ShB and this is the only bad one I've watched. Took him 9 months playing as a job to get there. WTF.

If nobody knows who is he, he was the WoW lore guy who had a meltdown on stream.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Pyromancer is a horrifically shit streamer.

I watched Zepla do the end of EW MSQ and she just played through it like a normal person and reacted to things like a human. Was a great experience.

Yesterday I watched Pyromancer do the end of the ShB MSQ and it was constant delays. He was randomly exploring dead ends, doing Aether Current quests, complaining that Amerout (that he shouldn't know about) was visible, submitting a bug report, spending ages taking screenshots, randomly vanishing, shouting at his dog and disconnects. Total waste of time. When he gets to the good bits he manually copies down the dialogue into a notebook for some fucking reason and didn't react very well honestly.

I've seen a bunch of streamers finish ShB and this is the only bad one I've watched. Took him 9 months playing as a job to get there. WTF.

If nobody knows who is he, he was the WoW lore guy who had a meltdown on stream.

I like him. If you're an ADD kid who craves excessive reactions, then you won't like him. If you enjoy someone who really immerses himself in the experience, is constantly trying to predict where the story is going, frequently has insights that you didn't think of yourself, and is guaranteed not to miss anything, then he's good to watch.

He knows about Amaurot because he predicted it, it was named by Emet-Selch in the quest where you see the cave drawings. It's an example of his methodical note taking and insight. When the game bugged and he saw the city, he knew what it was immediately.

He is, however, a sensitive little bitch who constantly whines about his audience, and melted down and ended stream when he failed hard in the Ivalice raids.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has some kind of autism.

Now Rich Campbell, that's a shit streamer.

• 1Like