Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I've been watching llamatodd's stream for a few months now. He's on kinda late-ish EST. He never has that many viewers, and he's not the most entertaining of streamers. The stream is really chill though, and he does savage and ultimate raids. At the end of ShB he was running through savage content with his viewers, helping them progress through wherever they happened to be hung up.

Goonsquad Officer
Map almost got me in EW, I knew which continent the final zone was on because the continent map had a massive gap in it. I had no idea what it could be though until the end of the lv87 dungeon.
Yea , i avoid delving into menues or maps much when i play through the first time. i sort of think excessive snooping can lead to spoiling and disturbs the storytelling experience for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Only time I would use the map like that was when I'm trying to remember which stupid name I need to click to get to Bozja. Luckily now I am part of the teleport menu master race.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright pf vent time. In a group to clear p3s. Anyhow we wipe, im asking the other healer which towers do you want. She responds with some sass ‘well I guess I’ll go north since you took south’ so I reply ‘well yes I was already there and I also typed it in chat ahead of time since we didn’t plan this out’ her response ‘sry I don’t have time to type midfight’ and in my head I was like ???? But anyhow I responded ‘just wanted to make sure you can read’ - I meant it like did you catch what I wrote , didn’t ask you to type yourself . Anyhow the group flips out, she goes ‘uh’ and some guy goes let’s kick him, and before I can even explain I’m gone. Like who are these complete vaginas that play this game, I am worried this is just how younger gamers are

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Alright pf vent time. In a group to clear p3s. Anyhow we wipe, im asking the other healer which towers do you want. She responds with some sass ‘well I guess I’ll go north since you took south’ so I reply ‘well yes I was already there and I also typed it in chat ahead of time since we didn’t plan this out’ her response ‘sry I don’t have time to type midfight’ and in my head I was like ???? But anyhow I responded ‘just wanted to make sure you can read’ - I meant it like did you catch what I wrote , didn’t ask you to type yourself . Anyhow the group flips out, she goes ‘uh’ and some guy goes let’s kick him, and before I can even explain I’m gone. Like who are these complete vaginas that play this game, I am worried this is just how younger gamers are
I’ve been finding people either just don’t say anything and leave or are very, very sensitive and try to kick anyone who voices anything but rainbows.

sometimes someone just fucks up and you have to own it or call someone out so it doesn’t happen again and you don’t waste 15 minutes getting to the same section of the fight.

makes me wish I had the schedule or patience for a static, but that’s just not the case.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems they're reopening sales on January 25th, along with Oceania server release and world transfers(including free transfers to Oceania servers). There's a big lodestone post about their various plans, DC visit is indeed only physical DC visit for now(so NA to NA but not NA to EU) and is coming in 6.15+ and they're expanding servers but not before summer-ish. Interestingly they have plans to expand stuff all the way until 2023 and potentially more.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I know several ppl who will be very very happy with the new Oceanic DC.. Sad too see them go but it will be so worth it for them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean regardless of what you meant it definitely comes across as an insult and FF14 is easily the most carebear community I've ever played in so I'm not surprised you got kicked over it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
When I told the melee Red Mage he was dying to the same mechanic multiple times per attempt and how to avoid the AoE on P2 by looking at the arrows on the boss, someone said " don't do that".

I didn't even mention how he hardcast Raise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
When I told the melee Red Mage he was dying to the same mechanic multiple times per attempt and how to avoid the AoE on P2 by looking at the arrows on the boss, someone said " don't do that".

I didn't even mention how he hardcast Raise.
I've seen the hardcast raise multiple times that just makes me die inside

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pyromancer is a horrifically shit streamer.

I watched Zepla do the end of EW MSQ and she just played through it like a normal person and reacted to things like a human. Was a great experience.

Yesterday I watched Pyromancer do the end of the ShB MSQ and it was constant delays. He was randomly exploring dead ends, doing Aether Current quests, complaining that Amerout (that he shouldn't know about) was visible, submitting a bug report, spending ages taking screenshots, randomly vanishing, shouting at his dog and disconnects. Total waste of time. When he gets to the good bits he manually copies down the dialogue into a notebook for some fucking reason and didn't react very well honestly.

I've seen a bunch of streamers finish ShB and this is the only bad one I've watched. Took him 9 months playing as a job to get there. WTF.

If nobody knows who is he, he was the WoW lore guy who had a meltdown on stream.

Wasn't Pyromancer's whole thing to do a big "lore" play-through of the game taking notes the whole way, etc?

I mean, that's basically what he does and advertised his play-through as. Definitely not for everyone (slow as fuck to watch). But it is exactly how he said he was going to play through it.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
after spending a basically a whole day doing the Alexander quest line my brain is fried from all the time traveling bs. And you don't even get keep the cat as a minion. But Mide is waifu worthy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
after spending a basically a whole day doing the Alexander quest line my brain is fried from all the time traveling bs. And you don't even get keep the cat as a minion. But Mide is waifu worthy.
I did it a few weeks ago and just skipped the cutscenes lol.

Goonsquad Officer
Alexander's story feeds into shadowbringers via the twinning. Doing it all in One day is pretty oof for sure.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
as a result (I think) I woke up today with a massive headache. The one where you can't really even move and constantly feel like throwing up. 5 hours later it still hurts but at least I'm able to function now

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Excedrin Migraine is the closest thing to magic. I think it even has time travel listed on the bottle.

• 2Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

The game is filled with more lefties than any other game. I'm really looking forward to more world of Warcraft people coming into the game and basically throwing their entire society on its head. All these safe spaces and LGBTQ guilds will have to basically become closed communities within this game.

• 2Moron

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea cuz that’s what I said. Holy shit look in the goddamn mirror you are turning into the purple haired whiny tranny you think you’re up against

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users