Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been doing a bunch of P3S, getting most of the mechanics but still people dying to a lot of common shit, and it doesn't help the strats are all "the same but slightly different". One party has H+R and M+T but other is M+H and T+R(which is better for uptime on spreads), then you have some going tanks left healers right on tornado but the very next party it's the opposite, you have "tanks invuln and tank both towers" which is super prone to fucking up, "tanks invuln but ranged soak tornados" which is a lot better but the ranged somehow die to tornados cause they weren't full from the aoe 20secs before or some shit and so on, it's all a big clusterfuck of shit trying to figure out how each group wants to do mechanics. And then you still have people constantly failling birds or fountain every few pulls so you have to keep going through the early fight over and over zzz.

Been playing DRK because the static I was subbing in had a WAR and felt I should get used to DRK since PLD dmg is shit, and goddamn do I hate playing DRK for multiple hours in a row. So much fucking double weaving, especially every 2mins. It's not as bad as NIN but it's pretty fucking close, I literally double weave for like 7 GCDs in a row, and then there's a tank buster so I need to double weave some more because they thought it'd be a great idea to just throw some additional fucking mitigation buttons. I'm doing Rampart+Dark Mind+Oblation+TBN on some of these tank busters, Shadowwall+Oblation+TBN for the rest(most of them granted but still). So much busy work, and then I notice I pressed Blood Weapon slightly too early or I was slightly out of melee range for like .3s to dodge a mechanic and now I lose one hit in Blood Weapon. Fucking ass sucking design.

Meanwhile WAR is like, single weave 6times. Buster? Meh just press 2 buttons it's good enough. Maybe use a heal sometimes too. Obviously don't get as much dmg but goddamn.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea cuz that’s what I said. Holy shit look in the goddamn mirror you are turning into the purple haired whiny tranny you think you’re up against
It's some woke players vs all woke devs, it's not a great comparison.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
In phase 1 p4s , Anyone else struggling with pinax combos? Once I get to orbs and towers I have no issue but man it’s a tossup on getting thru pinax clear, and as a healer, you’re under a lot of pressure there , people die if they’re not topped off for a single aoe, and if it’s a poison spread good luck, some Bard always runs to another dimension or whatever.
If there are any ‘guides’ for how to do each pinax combo (must be atleast 16 permutations?? When accounting for shift-sword /kb combo and whether tile on that side is blowing up or not) I would love to know, or is it just more an issue of don’t be a baddie

Chris

Potato del Grande
I know there's doubt over how genuine he is, but Rich Campbell just got stunned into silence by the quest "Thoust shall live, die and know" at the end of zone 5.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In phase 1 p4s , Anyone else struggling with pinax combos? Once I get to orbs and towers I have no issue but man it’s a tossup on getting thru pinax clear, and as a healer, you’re under a lot of pressure there , people die if they’re not topped off for a single aoe, and if it’s a poison spread good luck, some Bard always runs to another dimension or whatever.
If there are any ‘guides’ for how to do each pinax combo (must be atleast 16 permutations?? When accounting for shift-sword /kb combo and whether tile on that side is blowing up or not) I would love to know, or is it just more an issue of don’t be a baddie
Maybe your co-healer isn't healing enough? There's several places in this tier where it feels until BiS you kinda want to GCD heals here and there for safety, especially Cure III/Medica II/Horoscope+Aspected Helios and SCH/SGE shields pre-emptively.

For spread and people running too far that's kinda a problem with these people especially since there's several setups where you can't run very far anyway(lightning > poison for ex) so people should just stack the same way everytime which should be reachable but if you're doing pubs then yeah some people are gonna be stupid about it.

As for the mechanic, it's always water/lightning first, and fire/poison next. Only fire and poison do actual dmg(lightning I guess tickles a bit unless you're positionned like a retard), then sword does no/almost no damage, then you get the last hit, so you should have a ton of time to top people off. Like after first 2 elements resolve, everyone goes center to prepare for sword(can GCD heal once there), then go to cardinal sign(can GCD heal once there), then if it's sword you can GCD heal like twice more there but if it's cloak it's tough if you used anti kb on the water(which you should since it makes the following mechanic much much easier to resolve). That said, that's still 2 GCDs per healer + any oGCDs, which should be plenty of healing to top people off between the aoes. Honestly it's likely solo healable or close to with enough ressources(WHM can easily just Plenary > Medica II > Afflatus while running around and that'll cover more or less all the healing needed for Pinax, although for the 2nd pinax it's followed right away by an aoe so you'd want more healing for that part.

Check for debuffs too, it's helpful for people to mitigate the first mechanic(the 2nd one on Pinax 1 doesn't matter since it's tank buster after, for Pinax 2 you'd want to mitigate both). Even just a reprisal saves a lot of healing and it's only 60s cd with 2 tanks having it, usually you can pretty much cover every aoes.

Last edited:

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yea cuz that’s what I said. Holy shit look in the goddamn mirror you are turning into the purple haired whiny tranny you think you’re up against

You "asked":

Like who are these complete vaginas that play this game, I am worried this is just how younger gamers are

The answer is, as I said, this game has a MUCH larger fanbase that identifies as leftist than your average MMO. I mean this isn't a shock to anyone that has played this game longer than a year. This can be seen in their communities, their proclivities and their actions. I dunno how else to put this that you can actually put 2 and 2 together for yourself.

It's not "The younger Gamers!" because the younger gamers are typically chill.

I would say "Sorry" for bringing this revelation to you but no, get fucked. Your assumption that I care that there are leftists in this game is asinine, because there are leftists in all games you twat, there are just more here and they have a good foundation that has been stable for years. Which gives reason for the outcome to your situation.

You posed the question, I answered. Get fucked.

---

It's some woke players vs all woke devs, it's not a great comparison.

Honestly it's my bad to a degree, when I speak about politics or other bullshit it's usually from a frame of all or nothing, the reality is that MOST players don't talk about politics or want to listen to politics in games unless it's the lore.

Unfortunately, politics has seeped into everything these days so a lot of people carry that chip on their shoulder as they cruise into groups. Combine that with internet white-knights and you have the results that pasteton had, usually this just means 0 tolerance of any kind.

Hell I remember doing a titania group and made a ultra G rated dad joke incoming message before a pull, had a healer go off on me because I had the word "Guys" in the joke instead of being more "inclusive". Because I didn't get down on all fours, I got removed.

I had people go off on me in a PotD before in a casual run where we were collecting blues because the conversation shifted to music, someone was ultra chadding rap music and I said rap is crap, unrelated person said attacking rap music is akin to being racist because you are being intolerant of a persons culture. I "LoL"d because I thought they were being sarcastic. Two of them went afk on the next floor and refused to move, the music guy and the offended guy.

Goonsquad Officer
I know there's doubt over how genuine he is, but Rich Campbell just got stunned into silence by the quest "Thoust shall live, die and know" at the end of zone 5.
Lately I been watching mostly preach and a lil pyro. I want to catch up on rich but shit, I may wait for condensed youtube so I don't have to sit through random Ukrainian rock music and him pontificating how people are literally retarded for chat comments

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Lately I been watching mostly preach and a lil pyro. I want to catch up on rich but shit, I may wait for condensed youtube so I don't have to sit through random Ukrainian rock music and him pontificating how people are literally retarded for chat comments

Feel exactly the same way. All preach, little pyro, fuck Rich, dudes a mediocre streamer at best who got a swollen head. I'll still watch a compilation on twitch when Eji gets around to it though

Goonsquad Officer
Feel exactly the same way. All preach, little pyro, fuck Rich, dudes a mediocre streamer at best who got a swollen head. I'll still watch a compilation on twitch when Eji gets around to it though
He has a new youtube chanel with a new guy on it. Eji just plays his own game now (eji wanted to do this after shb was over) but the new guy trails behind pretty good.

Rich is clearly super obsessed with the celebrity of being a streamer. I think literally every anonymous gifted sub and some of the named was him fluffing his own numbers. Though that business decision still payed off I think. I still like to see his reactions and I'm still glad he and asmond and some of the fore runners gave thr game a shot. They must have added a metric shit load of new players.

But yea I tjink all said and done I like preach and asmon the most. I watched a few others do key endwalker moments though. Like space mom (Rebecca de) jhara jade, uhh... Joe cat. Captain grim. Midevil Marty. Subscribe to preach though. He has streaming on lock down.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
He has a new youtube chanel with a new guy on it. Eji just plays his own game now (eji wanted to do this after shb was over) but the new guy trails behind pretty good.

Rich is clearly super obsessed with the celebrity of being a streamer. I think literally every anonymous gifted sub and some of the named was him fluffing his own numbers. Though that business decision still payed off I think. I still like to see his reactions and I'm still glad he and asmond and some of the fore runners gave thr game a shot. They must have added a metric shit load of new players.

But yea I tjink all said and done I like preach and asmon the most. I watched a few others do key endwalker moments though. Like space mom (Rebecca de) jhara jade, uhh... Joe cat. Captain grim. Midevil Marty. Subscribe to preach though. He has streaming on lock down.

Rich is a hack. He made bank sure, but he has no longevity as a streamer, because like you said he cares too much about the celebrity of it. He has no loyalty to his fans, or keeping a schedule, or keeping his promises, and it shows, I checked earlier and he had 2.5k watching as he MSQ'd. What a waste of talent if he just had a better work ethic.

and what the fuck happened to the start of his playthrough? Rich's first MSQ stream dude was already in Thavnair.

Goonsquad Officer
Yea. He seems like a spoiled rich kid playing at being an influencer. Though I don't watch any personality based streamers so maybe that's the archetype

Cybsled

and what the fuck happened to the start of his playthrough? Rich's first MSQ stream dude was already in Thavnair.

There was some mega gap between when he started MSQ and started doing it regularly. I think he tried it during the queue apocalypse then decided to wait a few weeks

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yea. He seems like a spoiled rich kid playing at being an influencer. Though I don't watch any personality based streamers so maybe that's the archetype
Rich has kinda been the Logan Paul of the streaming world for a long ass time. Very aggressive, and abrasive and that's his gimmick.

Before, he used to be super toxic - and now he's reformed.
This game reforms toxic WoW players pretty fucking quickly.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I felt myself growing more toxic every time I flew five inches outside of Idyllshire then walked back in for that last Questline with the refugees

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think I figured out healing finally (despite maining WHM in ARR/HW/SB). Just healed Pandaemonium for the first time and really enjoyed it with minimal mishaps.

So previously I would use GCD heals first when people took damage, oGCD heals if that wasn't enough and do damage if everyone was at full health (which was rare).

Today I did damage first, oGCD heals when people took damage and only used GCD heals if everything was on cooldown.

I also put any cooldowns which help damage on the same hotbar as damage spells and used them on cooldown. I put the low level Cure spells somewhere out of the way so that I wouldn't use them too.

Worked really well (I was doing loads more damage) and tried the setup with WHM and AST, just need to copy it across to SGE and SCH now. I'm aiming to get all healers to 90.

Is anyone interested in seeing or critiquing the hotbar setup for PS4 controller?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
How do you use oGCD heals while DPSing? Can you set healing targets or do you just switch targets back and forth during the GCD?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I figured out healing finally (despite maining WHM in ARR/HW/SB). Just healed Pandaemonium for the first time and really enjoyed it with minimal mishaps.

So previously I would use GCD heals first when people took damage, oGCD heals if that wasn't enough and do damage if everyone was at full health (which was rare).

Today I did damage first, oGCD heals when people took damage and only used GCD heals if everything was on cooldown.

I also put any cooldowns which help damage on the same hotbar as damage spells and used them on cooldown. I put the low level Cure spells somewhere out of the way so that I wouldn't use them too.

Worked really well (I was doing loads more damage) and tried the setup with WHM and AST, just need to copy it across to SGE and SCH now. I'm aiming to get all healers to 90.

Is anyone interested in seeing or critiquing the hotbar setup for PS4 controller?
The wife and I both play controller, I'm always interested to see how others set theirs up. My wife's was so bad before I helped her, she just left everything where it automatically slotted itself as she was leveling, was missing some abilities from her bars all together. She has become a much better player since, still getting better, which is definitely a good thing. I feel like I do really well playing with controller, but I main Samurai, so not exactly rocket science.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you use oGCD heals while DPSing? Can you set healing targets or do you just switch targets back and forth during the GCD?
On pad you can set soft targets, you just use up and down to move the selection to the target, hit an oGCD and it'll go to that without losing your main target. With mouse, you can use janky macros, or you have to switch. With the fairly long GCD though it's not really a problem imo. Also A LOT of the oGCDs you use in raid settings are just aoes anyway, so don't need to target shit. Every now and then you need to oGCD the tank, so clicking them or using target of target for macros/targetting is good enough. Can also use focus targets or just click the enemy in the encounter list, everyone has their own ways to do it. I think there's some plugin for wow-like mouse over not sucky targetting too if you really can't get into the XIV way, but honestly there's not that much targetting in most fights.

• 1Like