Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I do agree especially on the part about comparing classes' DPS via FFlogs but looking only at the bars and who's above who, rather than the numbers themselves and comparing by how much exactly are they above. So many people are such fucking giant crybabies when it comes to FFlogs even when the differences are under 3% which is hilarious when you consider balance in like, any other game. Most games wish they could get balance at under 10%.

Now that's not to say there's some definitive issues currently. Like if you run double ranged phys and your melee is NIN or DRG, you're gonna have A LOT of issues with current DPS checks until you have enough gear. Even if you run double caster if one isn't BLM or your BLM is sucky, you're gonna run into a lot of issues. The DPS checks are somewhat tight(not crazily but somewhat), and there's a pretty large gap between the top melees(MNK and RPR) and the bottom melee or caster/ranged phys(minus BLM). Much more than other classes. Like if you run PLD instead of DRK, you lose something like 300DPS or something, too lazy to double check, but if you run DRG instead of MNK you lose almost 800 iirc(and you lose Mantra too which is actually quite nice with the big ass raidwides in this tier and Life's Agony on P3S). If you stack "bad" DPS you're losing a fairly substantial amount of dmg, but running PLD instead of DRK/GNB isn't nearly as much of a loss, and a lot of statics use WAR even though it's also behind the other 2.

But people make absolutely stupid statements like "if you run MCH or DNC you can't clear P4S" or whatever, which is absolutely fucking stupid. You do lose dmg over BRD but it's not even as much as the other cases. Plus it's already 3rd week, and in 2weeks everyone getting free 590 weaps so it's just gonna get easier anyway to the point the classes won't matter at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shit, finally killed P3S but...

0.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was static, first pull of the day, last time we got to enrage like once in a full reset(RPR was new to the fight, cleared P2S first time that day but still we got consistently to tornados or so). Died once to being stupid(wasn't far enough on fountain and got clipped by other people's birds), then I get rezed, do tornados with living dead but WHM forgot to bene me, so died again, get rezed, figure I should take the rez to try to do share stack after tornado push with other people while invuln so they don't die, but I misjudged the duration of invuln and instead just died again right as it wore off(it was stack though so at least other people didn't die). That's basically 2 deaths during 2mins cooldowns, real fucking cursed shit. And then we cleared while I was secretly hoping we'd wipe and do a cleaner pull.

This week has been horrible for my parses, when we did reclear I found out I actually didn't remember fucking anything about P1S and P2S it felt like. I was winging it and ended up dying there too like a fucking retard(I died on P1S to red/white tiles at some point, like...). I should probably join some kff group or something and try to pad the scores a bit cause this is looking like absolute dogshit. A clear's a clear and all but damn.

Starting P4S now, I fucking hate this "remember what you have to do 30secs from now" shit though. Got to balls a few times, Pinax isn't so bad although uptime has been absolute shit, Unmend power in there, getting that Enhanced Unmend trait to reset my Plunge cooldown while waiting for lightning to resolve and shit, but yeah I got the basics of it, balls isn't too hard for me as a tank I just keep forgetting about the safe tile, but bloodrake and later towers with the virus/tether can go suck a dick as a mechanic. Phase 2 is basically entirely this though so guess I just gotta get used to it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
As a tank you can get away with a lot of fuckups and still have a clear. In the first few weeks when I was really concentrating I was pretty flawless on mechs (once I learned them). This week though my P1S and P2S clears this week were a comedy of errors, like spacing out and forgetting to stand in the right tile in shining cells and getting myself damage downed, or forgetting my KB immune on shockwave so I have to gap close back in and hope nobody noticed!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the fight isn't that tough on enrage either, we even used heal LB3 to do life's agony cause after all the rez the healers were missing some shit and figured they'd just ignore it instead(no AST to do it for free), and still made the enrage, although barely, the cast was almost done when it died. Just really sucks cause tuesday, I basically didn't die once to anything that wasn't a wipe for 15pulls(and this weekend out of 2 full resets of wipes, I only died like 3times to mechanics, most of them early on when doing birds cause I was still not super confident on it), and then first pull of the day I just die like a retard, then just keep getting rez killed and somehow that's still the clear.

Oh well it is what it is. At least I didn't get 0 like the WAR in P2S first week that got 0% with no death.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The wife and I both play controller, I'm always interested to see how others set theirs up. My wife's was so bad before I helped her, she just left everything where it automatically slotted itself as she was leveling, was missing some abilities from her bars all together. She has become a much better player since, still getting better, which is definitely a good thing. I feel like I do really well playing with controller, but I main Samurai, so not exactly rocket science.
Alright here goes. All 4 healers have a similar setup but I'll share WHM since it's the only lv90 and has cleared Pandemonium so it has to be somewhat decent.

Screenshot_20220120-211608_PSPlay.jpg

L2 Action Bar:
DPS skills on the left, DPS buffs on the right (fast casting and free casting for WHM, each class differs). Since these buffs can also help with casting Raise, that is there too.

Screenshot_20220120-211620_PSPlay.jpg

R2 Action Bar:
GCD heals on the left, oGCD heals with shorter cooldowns on the right.

Single Target is up/down and AoE is left/right, this is true for every action bar for every healing class.

Instant cast stuff goes on the right because left stick is movement and it's awkward to press up/down/left/right while using left stick.

Screenshot_20220120-211636_PSPlay.jpg

R2 + L2 Action Bar:
Class mechanic (Lilly abilties for WHM) and Esuna on the left, oGCD heals with longer cooldowns on the right.

If the R2 abilities are not healing enough, I can then hold L2 to access these for more power which is very user friendly.

Screenshot_20220120-211704_PSPlay.jpg

L2 + R2 Action Bar:
Low level heals on the left, role abilties on the right. This is all stuff I don't use very often other than while doing DPS I'll weave in R2+X to cast Lucid Dreaming for some mana.

Astrologian has the card abilities on the left instead.

R3 is Sprint, there's a dummy hotbar on the screen I never click to display the cooldown.

L3 is sheathe weapon which brings up my non combat hotbars. Focus Target is here to see raid boss cast bars.

Up/Down direction buttons select friendly targets when shoulder buttons are not held. Left/Right or X for enemy targets.

If I'm swapping between DPS and Healing I'll be retargeting inbetween. So if holding L2 for DPS Hotbar, I'll release L2 then press something like Down then R2 to be in the Healing Hotbar targeting the tank. It's very quick.

Usually I'm doing DPS, then progressing through short CD oGCD heals, then Lilly heals, then GCD heals until I'm able to DPS again. Long CD oGCD heals for major mechaics or if I can't keep up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just ran through P1-4 on regular difficulty with cactbot and ACT installed, not sure why I didn't do this sooner. It's fantastic.

Fantastic and sad because you see who absolutely is horribly trash.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Alright here goes. All 4 healers have a similar setup but I'll share WHM since it's the only lv90 and has cleared Pandemonium so it has to be somewhat decent.

View attachment 393916
L2 Action Bar:
DPS skills on the left, DPS buffs on the right (fast casting and free casting for WHM, each class differs). Since these buffs can also help with casting Raise, that is there too.

View attachment 393921
R2 Action Bar:

Single Target is up/down and AoE is left/right, this is true for every action bar for every healing class.

Instant cast stuff goes on the right because left stick is movement and it's awkward to press up/down/left/right while using left stick.

View attachment 393919
R2 + L2 Action Bar:
Class mechanic (Lilly abilties for WHM) and Esuna on the left, oGCD heals with longer cooldowns on the right.

If the R2 abilities are not healing enough, I can then hold L2 to access these for more power which is very user friendly.

View attachment 393920
L2 + R2 Action Bar:
Low level heals on the left, role abilties on the right. This is all stuff I don't use very often other than while doing DPS I'll weave in R2+X to cast Lucid Dreaming for some mana.

R3 is Sprint, there's a dummy hotbar on the screen I never click to display the cooldown.

L3 is sheathe weapon which brings up my non combat hotbars. Focus Target is here to see raid boss cast bars.

Up/Down direction buttons select friendly targets when shoulder buttons are not held. Left/Right or X for enemy targets.

So if I'm swapping between DPS and Healing I'll be retargeting inbetween. So if holding L2 for DPS Hotbar, I'll release L2 then press something like Down then R2 to be in the Healing Hotbar. It's very quick.

Usually I'm doing DPS, then progressing through short CD oGCD heals, then Lilly heals, then GCD heals until I'm able to DPS again. Long CD oGCD heals for major mechaics or if I can't keep up.
Show us your WoW setup in the other thread?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 393916
L2 Action Bar:

View attachment 393921
R2 Action Bar:

View attachment 393919
R2 + L2 Action Bar:

View attachment 393920
L2 + R2 Action Bar:

If I'm swapping between DPS and Healing I'll be retargeting inbetween. So if holding L2 for DPS Hotbar, I'll release L2 then press something like Down then R2 to be in the Healing Hotbar targeting the tank. It's very quick.

It can take a bit of adjustment but I'd advocate setting up extended hotbars.

Squintina's channel is pretty good for this, here's the Shadowbringers WHM Setup. It probably hasn't changed if it's anything like Pld, abilities will evolve but still take the same spot.

I really like the way she has a common logic across archetype sets, 30% mitigation in same spot etc so if you're on any tank job you don't have to overthink where anything is. The only downside is it makes you realise how they're all the same flavour ice cream with a different name.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I do agree especially on the part about comparing classes' DPS via FFlogs but looking only at the bars and who's above who, rather than the numbers themselves and comparing by how much exactly are they above. So many people are such fucking giant crybabies when it comes to FFlogs even when the differences are under 3% which is hilarious when you consider balance in like, any other game. Most games wish they could get balance at under 10%.

Now that's not to say there's some definitive issues currently. Like if you run double ranged phys and your melee is NIN or DRG, you're gonna have A LOT of issues with current DPS checks until you have enough gear. Even if you run double caster if one isn't BLM or your BLM is sucky, you're gonna run into a lot of issues. The DPS checks are somewhat tight(not crazily but somewhat), and there's a pretty large gap between the top melees(MNK and RPR) and the bottom melee or caster/ranged phys(minus BLM). Much more than other classes. Like if you run PLD instead of DRK, you lose something like 300DPS or something, too lazy to double check, but if you run DRG instead of MNK you lose almost 800 iirc(and you lose Mantra too which is actually quite nice with the big ass raidwides in this tier and Life's Agony on P3S). If you stack "bad" DPS you're losing a fairly substantial amount of dmg, but running PLD instead of DRK/GNB isn't nearly as much of a loss, and a lot of statics use WAR even though it's also behind the other 2.

But people make absolutely stupid statements like "if you run MCH or DNC you can't clear P4S" or whatever, which is absolutely fucking stupid. You do lose dmg over BRD but it's not even as much as the other cases. Plus it's already 3rd week, and in 2weeks everyone getting free 590 weaps so it's just gonna get easier anyway to the point the classes won't matter at all.

I do agree with Yoshi that range and caster classes need some help, they all got hit really hard by the stat squish.. I haven't seen a Xeno above 15k dmg in forever(have crit too 20k a few times but wayyy too unlikely too happen.)

Chris

Potato del Grande
It can take a bit of adjustment but I'd advocate setting up extended hotbars.

Squintina's channel is pretty good for this, here's the Shadowbringers WHM Setup. It probably hasn't changed if it's anything like Pld, abilities will evolve but still take the same spot.

I really like the way she has a common logic across archetype sets, 30% mitigation in same spot etc so if you're on any tank job you don't have to overthink where anything is. The only downside is it makes you realise how they're all the same flavour ice cream with a different name.
I'm confused, is this not exactly the same as what I did?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I do agree with Yoshi that range and caster classes need some help, they all got hit really hard by the stat squish.. I haven't seen a Xeno above 15k dmg in forever(have crit too 20k a few times but wayyy too unlikely too happen.)
BLM is barely behind though? Like it needs a buff, but not one that'd make you see 20k xenos. 4-5% at most. The numbers are gonna be smaller, that's the whole point of the stats squish. Xeno wasn't even that big before, there were several other skills that did more damage(Tech Dance or Hyosho Ranryu to take 2 examples of low DPS classes). The stats squish really hasn't changed shit and is completely irrelevant to balance concerns at 90, and so is Xeno max damage.

Goonsquad Officer
they hinted that reaper is the yardstick for dps. so i expect everything else gets an update to make it closer.