Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm not committing to anything with a girl living with her live in manchild of a boyfriend half a country away. At least needs to dump the dead weight.
Post some pics of this whale so we can laugh.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
Where does she live, or at least say she lives?

She's a freaking German of all things while I'm French (yeah go ahead, make fun). Other dude is French too and being a jobless bum in Germany.

Edit : maybe I shouldn't derail this in a Screenshot thread lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
All the scions are fucking annoying in ARR and I think Square knew it, which is why they all go away in Heavensward and either get improved when they come back or just fucking die.

A few even go through a couple of rounds of character development, Shadowbringers (lv70-lv80) is where they click and stop being annoying, which is also when you start playing as them in solo duties or with them in dungeons.

It's going to culminate in some great moments in Endwalker.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the scions are fucking annoying in ARR and I think Square knew it, which is why they all go away in Heavensward and either get improved when they come back or just fucking die.

A few even go through a couple of rounds of character development, Shadowbringers (lv70-lv80) is where they click and stop being annoying, which is also when you start playing as them in solo duties or with them in dungeons.

It's going to culminate in some great moments in Endwalker.
Nobody is worse than Alisaie in ARR, even though she's barely in it. Her ARR voice actor is unbearable.

Malkav

French Madman
These kind of women like to have their next relationship lined up before they dump the old one.

Yeah you're probably right on that. Guess I don't understand how it's possible with some dude in the way unless you can make another dude commit 100% virtually ( well, I guess this type of dude exist).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you're probably right on that. Guess I don't understand how it's possible with some dude in the way unless you can make another dude commit 100% virtually ( well, I guess this type of dude exist).
Definitely remember a story or two here that had this exact scenario. Do it for science

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I just want to clear a tier without a static falling apart for once.
You may think I'm joking, but I saw this exact scenario play out, except:
  • the man had his own (different) relationship
  • the man didn't commit either
  • but they had already fucked
  • the fallout where he told her was at a real life guild meeting
and for the punch line:
  • the women was the guild leader
I don't go to real life guild meetings anymore.

1643275496462.gif

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
You may think I'm joking, but I saw this exact scenario play out, except:
  • the man had his own (different) relationship
  • the man didn't commit either
  • but they had already fucked
  • the fallout where he told her was at a real life guild meeting
and for the punch line:
  • the women was the guild leader
I don't go to real life guild meetings anymore.

Oh I definitely know this shit happens, it's why I said things hadn't changed since EQ days lol.

Hell, shit would probably have been different if they actually lived close to me haha.

Anyway, first raid night tonight since shit went weird (aka her boyfriend probably started smelling something fishy because she couldn't stop herself from saying shit like "I'll share the D with Malkav" in voice while we were assigning pairs/markers). I'll just go in mute, DPS things, and hope shit doesn't get even weirder.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'll just go in mute, DPS things, and hope shit doesn't get even weirder.
That ship has long sailed. She is going to be passive aggressive about it. This is black jack now, so one has to either double down or split.

• 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh I definitely know this shit happens, it's why I said things hadn't changed since EQ days lol.

Hell, shit would probably have been different if they actually lived close to me haha.

Anyway, first raid night tonight since shit went weird (aka her boyfriend probably started smelling something fishy because she couldn't stop herself from saying shit like "I'll share the D with Malkav" in voice while we were assigning pairs/markers). I'll just go in mute, DPS things, and hope shit doesn't get even weirder.
Can anyone else heal? Just be honest about it and watch the lulz unfold.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I had a friend meet a chick in wow. she 'left her bad boyfriend' and traveled to where we lived. they eventually got married. she was real pretty but a bit older than him. he even imported the woman's worthless ass mom, and her daughter (who was socially akward from her mom being a dong based vagabond).

a few years passed. she...ran off with some other dude in a video game. neglected to tell him that she didn't, infact, pay the house lease for a few months before she left and took what joint savings he could. guy had to arrange for the daughter to get shipped off to the next cockvaulting location. move out of that house fast. etc etc.

he's hapilly married to a non dong-gypsy now though so he happily ever aftered. not sure what mmo she's using for dating apps now.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Worst I ever had happen was my first guild leader committing suicide because I wouldn't help her in Befallen.

People in these games are unstable as fuck

• 4WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Goonsquad Officer
how did you learn she commited suicide? like did her ghost let yall know? did she leave her log in info laying around so her family could log in and say /gu so brunhilder darkmoonwhisperglade died last night...

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Worst I ever had happen was my first guild leader committing suicide because I wouldn't help her in Befallen.

People in these games are unstable as fuck
please expound - did they put that in the memorial?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, I was the last person to talk to her and apparently wiping repeatedly in Befallen on her alt was the last straw. Her husband who was co-guild leader but didn't play as much as her found her when he came home from work.

Being like 14, I immediately abandoned that server and character. Fuck navigating that mess.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nah, I was the last person to talk to her and apparently wiping repeatedly in Befallen on her alt was the last straw. Her husband who was co-guild leader but didn't play as much as her found her when he came home from work.

Being like 14, I immediately abandoned that server and character. Fuck navigating that mess.
That's some serious IRL PvP you did there.