Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
The extended bars you access by double tapping R2 or L2. You can set the delay of the tap. Opens up a whole extra set of buttons.

I couldn’t see them on your setup.
Yeah not sure if the video you linked just uses double tap instead of R2+L2 i stead of both, but I'm going to turn on double tap one day for potions I think.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Transferred to Ravana. No idea if it's really going to work since it said it would take minutes or hours depending on load, and the world transfer service appears to have gone down again. I wonder if my character is lost in the void now.

Goonsquad Officer
Y
Transferred to Ravana. No idea if it's really going to work since it said it would take minutes or hours depending on load, and the world transfer service appears to have gone down again. I wonder if my character is lost in the void now.
You are in the shadowlands now

Malkav

French Madman
Man, people in MMO will never change, it's still the same shit as back in EQ.

Probably going to have to ditch my static because the leader's girlfriend (tank healer couple, can't make up that shit) has been heavily flirting with me over the past few weeks (yeah yeah, I know, I should have dodged that shit) but now she's on a guilt trip about it and the guy has probably started smelling something and is becoming all passive aggressive with me (he is a huge douche to start with).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Probably going to have to ditch my static because the leader's girlfriend (tank healer couple, can't make up that shit) has been heavily flirting with me over the past few weeks (yeah yeah, I know, I should have dodged that shit) but now she's on a guilt trip about it and the guy has probably started smelling something and is becoming all passive aggressive with me (he is a huge douche to start with).

It'll never go away as long as MMOs provide a way for deadbeats to have a misplaced sense of accomplishment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah not sure if the video you linked just uses double tap instead of R2+L2 i stead of both, but I'm going to turn on double tap one day for potions I think.

It's both but generally I'd keep stuff I use rarely on R2+L2 (L2+R2) as it's easier to track timers on stuff you use more often on the extended bars.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The double tap triggers feels clunky as shit. In general, the controller feels like you're handicapping yourself for no real benefits. I can see using it while leveling or gathering or something, but any reasonably challenging content it feels sub-optimal.

- Target swapping is a pita / slow.
- Directional keys all but inaccessible while moving.
- Multiple button presses per ability on sub-bars.
- Monster Hunter death grip the entire time you're doing your rotation.

I wish there was a way to invert the hold when your weapon is drawn. I tried the toggle mode but that disables the x crossbars. I don't want to have to hold R2 or L2 the entire time I am doing my dps rotation, I'd much rather hold it when I want to do shit like jump or open my map.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

DPS just too big to handle. She wanted a piece

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The double tap triggers feels clunky as shit. In general, the controller feels like you're handicapping yourself for no real benefits. I can see using it while leveling or gathering or something, but any reasonably challenging content it feels sub-optimal.

I wish there was a way to invert the hold when your weapon is drawn. I tried the toggle mode but that disables the x crossbars. I don't want to have to hold R2 or L2 the entire time I am doing my dps rotation, I'd much rather hold it when I want to do shit like jump or open my map.

Yeah, it isn't perfect. You can shorten the double click time required for the extended crossbars but still not amazing, better than L2+R2 I feel though.

I've kind of grown accustomed to it but I do feel like I gimp my performance by playing on PS5, especially some of the later Carnivale challenges are particularly unforgiving.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah that's why I use R2+L2 not double tap, it's definitely clunky that way.

I have full performance in raids with R2 and L2, some of it is just muscle memory and some of it is putting abilities in the right place (keep things you cast while moving off arrow keys).

Using hotkeys with shift/control/alt is exactly the same thing, unless you are using the entire keyboard as ability shortcuts.

I sucked on keyboard hotkeys and would mouse click things off main rotation, using controller has made me a significantly better player.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Why is Alphinaud such an annoying little beta? I'm finishing Heavensward and he's pissing me off to the point where I just wanna strangle that useless faggot

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why is Alphinaud such an annoying little beta? I'm finishing Heavensward and he's pissing me off to the point where I just wanna strangle that useless faggot

Don't think you're going to like him in general. Alphinaud became a lot better in HW compared to ARR. Low bar, but yeah...

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

Because he is a literal child searching the world for Daddy's love. He is about to do some serious growing up over the next 2 expansions.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer

did you e-pound it?

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
yea he's written like an absolute spoiled child and/or opinionated readittor to start with. he improves, mostly from having humility shoved down his throat a few times.

he's meant to be annoying to start. though some personalities just grate on some people.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Alphi does improve a lot. He basically gets a massive reality check, learns humility, and gets an alpha chad role model to set him on the right path

He’s basically a kid in high school at the start that learns lofty ideals and his own self importance amount to little in the real world - he learns you aren’t just handed shit because you think you’re special and have to work at it if you want to accomplish anything meaningful.

He is still optimistic, but he isn’t as blindly optimistic. And he recognizes his limits

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
She's not on a "guilt trip," she is cutting her losses because you didn't commit. Now she is looking for someone else, and you are just in the way.
I'm not committing to anything with a girl living with her live in manchild of a boyfriend half a country away. At least needs to dump the dead weight.