Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
how did you learn she commited suicide? like did her ghost let yall know? did she leave her log in info laying around so her family could log in and say /gu so brunhilder darkmoonwhisperglade died last night...
She typed in /gu "That's it, I can't take it any more, I'm killing myself... auuuughhhhhhh"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Well i'm going to disappoint you guys but nothing weird happened during raid night. Looks like I still have a static for now lol.

Both Statics or just the one for killing bosses?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Any recommendations for Mods? I got FF14 Launcher so I could skip the login shit, and also got ACT/FFLogs hooked up but apparently they're are a bunch of useful mods out there as well.

Goonsquad Officer
The combo one makes some clases less obnoxious. Ill have to check what I have installed later

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's one to display debuffs in a non shitty way that I'd use if I ever bothered installing the launcher thing. Also one for better cooldowns display(big number on buttons) and a bunch of qol stuff like showing ilvl on inspect and what not, nothing too big but the Dalamud plugins had a lot of nice small things I'd turn on, but I just hate the idea of having that shit turn off when there's a patch and having to play without them.

Goonsquad Officer
oh some one asked which dalamud plugins are used, here's what i go with:

Chat Alerts
Chat Bubbles
Compass
Good memory (the best ever)
Item search
map linker
price check
XIV combo plugin.

my favorates are compas, good memory, combo plugin, chat bubbles. the rest i could take or leave.

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Comboplugin and Pixel Perfect, which places a white pixel right under you, are the only ones that I miss on patch day. Others are all stuff that can be worked around.

Malkav

French Madman
I'd add Simple Tweaks for some UI tweaks (like hiding the mana bar on job that don't use mana) and JobBars for job specific UI element (GCD counter for buff windows, buffs timers in bar form...).

ReAction for mouse overs cast without macros (does a few things better than MoAction, but needs to be grabbed for a non default repository : GitHub - UnknownX7/ReAction: A XIVLauncher plugin. ).

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I think I said this a dozen pages back but understand, there isn't a way for SE to see WHAT you are doing with XIVLauncher (if they adhere to their "No Snooping" statement), if you run it and they decide to do some easy method of ensuring that people use THEIR launcher to launch the game, you are auto flagged without them having to do any snooping.

The Author of the Launcher has said before that they don't want the launcher to be used for full on automation but he basically created it in such a way that stopping someone from adding full automation, like EQ1 MacroQuest, is impossible. Their one "Control" is that they stop addons from being added to the main repository if they don't agree with them. Yet...there are a bunch of addons there that, I would argue, would 100% get you banned for cheating.

That said, if you are using the launcher, may as well go for the full gusto.

---

Penumbra -- Requires a 3rd party repository. Allows for texture modding, all texture modding, it takes a bit to get used to but it basically removes all the bullshit that you have to do with TexTools if you do things like "MaterialUI" or any character texture mods.

---

MaterialUI -- A Texture mod that gives you a fairly updated looking "Modern" style UI.

---

DelvUI -- Full UI replacement system, allows for mouseover casting, tons of alterations...ect. Honestly better to use this for mouseover stuff than the other things I've seen baked up, the only issue you may have with it are aesthetics.

---

Highly Desirable:

Simple Tweaks - You want this, you won't want ALL the features is has but you'll want it right off the bat and some things are buggy as fuck within it but you'll want it if you start diving Addons.

Good Memory - Best addon ever for collectors, Tells you if you have mini-pets, Orchestration Rolls (Even on the recipes, it'll tell you if you crafted them).

YesAlready -- Allows you to "Click" through conversations with pre-determined responses. Think like clicking into your in room where you get several "You SUUUUURE you wanna go into an inn room?" type questions, or even better, deleting and starting Endless Dungeon runs. You can leave the window up and then click a button and have the last conversation added to the "Yes" stack. You can make it so it only responds to that string in a specific zone so you don't fuck something up.

Combo Helpers -- There are a ton of flavors of this, the "Better" ones are the ones not on the default repository (Because of the line in the sand the XIV creator has with automation) but I don't know what is the best, likely someone made a version that no one knows about that does your full rotation for you. I recommend looking around for githubs with "XIV Combo" in the name and see whats either forked from things or, I'm trying one from:

ReAction -- Alt Repo. I don't use this for the mouseover, I use it for one of the alt functions that needs to be added to "Simple Tweaks" The ability to dismount on cast.

---

Useful but not needed:

Burning Down the House -- Alt Repo. Allows you to place things in housing in such a way that you couldn't ever do before OR would require hours of dicking with in order to achieve.

Orchestration -- Main Repo. Allows you to listen to any music you want from the game files or replace annoying as fuck music with another song.

QoL Bar -- Main Repo. Allows you to build "Hotbars" of sorts that allow any function you can think of, you will need "Simple Tweaks" instealled as well as a setting within simple tweaks called "Main Command Command" which allows you to run system commands as...commands. You can import strings you find on discord or make your own.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
My quality of life has immensely improved, especially on MSQ roulette runs once I installed YesAlready.

Is there a list of dalamud plugins like this that aren't listed by default in the in game launcher menu? I don't recall seeing this in that list, but I have seen github stuff be available.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a list of dalamud plugins like this that aren't listed by default in the in game launcher menu? I don't recall seeing this in that list, but I have seen github stuff be available.

No, anything not listed in the main repo you either have to find yourself or find a repo that has what you are looking for.

People have been making forks of the Dalamud repo, adding what they want added. Unfortunately that means you gotta get like 5+ repos added into the in-game window before you get "All" the addons.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Just finished up the tier - had a pretty fun one this time. Started with wife & a pld associate and a plan to hit pf, but the pld associate recruited some extra guys from his FC and we cleared 1/2s in the first few days. At this point the pld decided 3s was impossible to do wk1 with the people he recruited and left (pretty annoying), so we ditched also and hit pf.

We managed to get 3s wk1 (we played a lot over the weekend though - 16h+) and met a cool healer and rdm during prog. Stayed in touch with the healer and rdm and managed to reclear wk2, met a cool pld and picked him up, and started progging 4s (much more casually than wk1) -
wk2: recleared and saw most of 4s phase 1
wk3: recleared and killed 4s phase 1 early, started progging phase 2
wk4: recleared and then downed phase 2 pretty quickly. Wk4 gear made a MASSIVE difference -- door boss went from a death or 2 = wipe to pretty much free, and we killed phase 2 in our first clean-ish pull.

1s/2s/3s are really cool fights, 1 is a good intro, 2 is ff boss.txt, 3 is ff boss.txt but harder, and 4s phase 1 is great (pinax is probably my favorite mechanic of the tier?) and had a meaningful dps check too. 4s phase 2 kind of sucked, and was also too much of a repeat of Gaia from last tier.

-

I'm in kind of a weird spot with FF14 generally - I've played for the last 5 years~, done pretty much all the challenging stuff (tiers dead in a reasonable time, good parses, got all of the ultimates but UCOB in the patch they were released, did solo POTD & HOH, eureka BA, sitting on a pile of gil, etc). But it feels really repetitive now - the bosses are very formulaic and the mechanic reuse is wearing on me a bit. I think I had more fun in SB than SHB, and going into EW I was saying like... it has to be really good for me to keep playing.

When EW actually hit I didn't enjoy the MSQ very much and I still stand by it kind of sucking relative to SHB (which was very good), and the tier had a bit of an annoying start re: pld ditching, but I really got into it as we kept progging. The fights were good, music solid, and gnb is a more interesting this expansion than last and having more control of your own survivability as a tank is great. I had a ton of fun on ast while I was leveling it too, so I want to try that at endgame. Generally I think the thing that impacts me most when playing an MMO is class design, and while EW has some simpler stuff (smn, for example) gnb and ast being really fun might keep me hooked. Or maybe it's time to take a break and come back sometime later on -- I think if anyone were to ask me for an MMO recommendation this would still be at the top of my list, I just wish they were a little bit more daring with boss design / content releases.

Malkav

French Madman
I'd thought you guys would love an update on the cringe static healer situation because things keep getting more ridiculous.

We just lost our co-tank. Official line is "because she was tired of going blind and for some personnal issues".

After digging things up a bit, turns out that the co-tank was friend with the static previous co-heal which left before this tier.

Turns out, flirty healer also flirted with previous co-healer before doing so with me, dude fell in love, things fell out and it turns out she confessed the whole thing to her douche tank boyfriend.

As a result, the co-tank thought flirty healer should have left douche boyfriend for co-healer, and hated the fucking guts of main tank due to that, so she finally decided to split today instead of dealing with it.

Man, those people have issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user