Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
here am I just doing my roulettes and weeklies, slowly gathering up old mounts.

It's like Malkav is playing an entirely different game.

Not sure I could ever get into savage raiding or the FF14 party scene.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
here am I just doing my roulettes and weeklies, slowly gathering up old mounts.

It's like Malkav is playing an entirely different game.

Not sure I could ever get into savage raiding or the FF14 party scene.

These people have been in the same FC as me for years too. They seemed pretty chill and helpful from afar (never played much with them outside of the occasional roulette), so going into a static with them instead of complete strangers seemed an okay idea enough. I had no fucking idea of the underlying shitshow.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
These people have been in the same FC as me for years too. They seemed pretty chill and helpful from afar (never played much with them outside of the occasional roulette), so going into a static with them instead of complete strangers seemed an okay idea enough. I had no fucking idea of the underlying shitshow.

I've done my share of e-whoring but I always had a rule: Do not shit where I play seriously.

I went from vanilla wow to wotlk without a single problem or instance of drama, because WoW was for gaming, not for women. Same deal with Vanilla wow. Never even tried to catch a sniff. Never got involved in any drama.

FF14 is the same for me. I like what I do there. I play it for the game not for socializing or trying to get my dick e-wet. There's plenty other places for that if I ever get the urge.

Malkav

French Madman
I've done my share of e-whoring but I always had a rule: Do not shit where I play seriously.

I went from vanilla wow to wotlk without a single problem or instance of drama, because WoW was for gaming, not for women. Same deal with Vanilla wow. Never even tried to catch a sniff. Never got involved in any drama.

FF14 is the same for me. I like what I do there. I play it for the game not for socializing or trying to get my dick e-wet. There's plenty other places for that if I ever get the urge.

Oh yeah i'm 100% with you on that, just wanted a casual fun static to prog with, not this hot mess. Shit I'm not even socializing in the game 99% of the time.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh yeah i'm 100% with you on that, just wanted a casual fun static to prog with, not this hot mess. Shit I'm not even socializing in the game 99% of the time.

Weren't you flirting with/tapping the girl and considering dating her? How is that being hands off? :p

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So cleared P4S P1, started prog on P2. Took a little while but not so bad, it's a fun first phase at least, changes a bunch between each pull, and the first mechanics are the mechanics that matter the most so once you get the mechanics, it's just a matter of not fucking up, instead of having to learn like the first few mechs, then wipe later in the fight and have to constantly repeat pointless mechs. Instead once you get virus/tethers and pinax, you basically know all the fight, towers is something you do in one or two pulls since it's so obvious, and then it's just virus/tether and pinax again anyway(with more aoeing).

Switched from DRK to PLD, still getting less damage though, DRK was easier to keep track of the rotation when focusing on mechanics. While it had a lot of buttons, it was pretty simple, basically once I used Delirium, just dump all cooldowns besides Shadowbringer if Shadow isn't up. Makes it pretty easy to keep track of, while PLD has a bunch more things, and you have to remember to cut one attonement to stay aligned and shit, but if you lose uptime then it messes up everything. And sometimes I just get lost on which combo I'm on as I'm doing mechanics, so I'll do the wrong one or restart a combo when I should be doing spells, then it's all misaligned. Easier once comfortable with the fights so stuff always comes up at the same time, but yeah. It's nice to have Hallowed Ground instead of Living Dead though, and Intervention instead of Oblation for main tank stuff(and I can still sheltron myself anyway). Main downside is how clunky wings is compared to dark missionary, I have to turn around and try to grab everyone and shit, but it is 15% so it's also better, plus I also have Divine Veil which is really neat too.

That said DRK had tome weap and DRK is naturally higher, so that might be partly why. Next week I get the 7th blade so I can just switch to PLD tome weap(sadly 1000 tomes "wasted" on non bis weapons, but eh).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just got a bunch of DRK DPS abilities in the 60-70 range and I'm doing dungeons in 15 mins max. Feels like shit is melting, it's really fun.

I levelled PAL this way a few months ago and don't remember it being so quick, though it was much safer. So I'm guessing DRK is one of the higher DPS tanks?

I have Gunbreaker and Paladin at 90 280 iLevel, Dark Knight at 69 and Warrior at 50.

I'm hearing Warrior is the best right now though? I'm only levelling DRK because I have the Hydaelin weapon for it, though I have a badass glam planned for DRK.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just got a bunch of DRK DPS abilities in the 60-70 range and I'm doing dungeons in 15 mins max. Feels like shit is melting, it's really fun.

I levelled PAL this way a few months ago and don't remember it being so quick, though it was much safer. So I'm guessing DRK is one of the higher DPS tanks?

I have Gunbreaker and Paladin at 90 280 iLevel, Dark Knight at 69 and Warrior at 50.

I'm hearing Warrior is the best right now though? I'm only levelling DRK because I have the Hydaelin weapon for it, though I have a badass glam planned for DRK.
DRK is the highest DPS tank, but the difference is negligible and not something you'd notice. It's like 150-200DPS at lvl 90. That said while leveling, classes get their skills at different times, and so some classes are stronger than others in the process.

Unless you're soloing dungeons though, clearing faster can generally be attributed to the DPS being less shit than usual, and the healer not being retarded and also DPSing. You can literally clear in half the time with good DPS and healer than you would with shitty ones, while your own DPS will only have a slight impact on that.

Warrior isn't really the "best", but it's the comfiest for dungeons and main tanking. The rotation is simple and clean, and you have a ton of self healing so in dungeons you can ignore whether the healer sucks or not and still be fine with large pulls, while in raids you can usually sustain yourself through the boss attacks on your own so you never have to fear the healers are greeding their oGCDs and won't heal you or whatever. I believe it is the worst DPS out of the tanks after the recent PLD buffs, although very slightly, but it is the most survivable tank, especially for casual content.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1643519979053.png

• 8Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a list of dalamud plugins like this that aren't listed by default in the in game launcher menu?
This is a word of warning: You may go full sith lord and/or XivSlothCombo after this. So be warned.

First, add this repo in Dalamud Plugins -> Settings (bottom):

Next, install DalamudRepoBrowser. This will show you many repositories with /xlrepos, and if you mouse over the names of the plugins most tell you what they do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This is a word of warning: You may go full sith lord and/or XivSlothCombo after this. So be warned.

Next, install DalamudRepoBrowser. This will show you many repositories with /xlrepos, and if you mouse over the names of the plugins most tell you what they do.
Just be careful of what you install or you'll get a bitcoin miner as a plugin.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Appreciated, I'll check it out. Also in regards to Secrets below

Just be careful of what you install or you'll get a bitcoin miner as a plugin.

Is that legit a thing? So on those repositories, nothing is vetted then? Only safe to trust the ones that ultimately are put on dalamud by default?

Still probably worth checking out though.

• 1Dislike

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Is that legit a thing? So on those repositories, nothing is vetted then
Yes, it even says so in the repository browser:

repowarning.jpg

MOST of them are open souce and you can see the code in GitHub and compile it your own. However, there is no guarantee that the precompiled binary you downloaded via browser is all from the source on GitHub.

Only safe to trust the ones that ultimately are put on dalamud by default?
Dalamud only allows "non-automation" addons. Things like YesPlease or SomethingNeedDoing that automate things are not allowed.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
So my static adventure came to an hilarious end.

After the last episode, I decided to start talking with the tank that left and the previous co-healer that had gotten honey trapped. Poor dude was down bad, he had it way worse than me as she kept him on the side for months apparently and it was still more or less going on at the same time as me.
After digging through all the bullshit she fed us, dude ended up sending her a message he was disappointed after learning some things. Apparently girl started to sweat profusely as she tried to call me on Discord after that, realizing that we were talking.

After getting spammed for a bit, I made her understand that she fucked up and got caught and it's all there is to it. Not sure what happened on her end after that.

Queue the douchebag boyfriend trying to contact both the other guy and me, "wanting to talk", we ignored him, and he ended up sending a final message asking not to go spreading rumor and saying it'd be for the best if we never talked again. Then, he proceeded to disband the whole static. At this point, discounting him and the girlfriend, I was the only one still involved in the shitshow in the static and I would have just left, but dude went nuclear apparently. Sucks for the other people in the static that were not involved.

Well, at least we can poach people for the new static we're coming up with the old tank and healer.

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
and saying it'd be for the best if we never talked again.
Like in a "shut your mouth", or more like in a "do not talk to me or my wife's son ever again" kind of way?

Weren't you in an FC? Shouldn't FC leadership be made aware of "mademoiselle polyamoureuse" and her escapades, or else they might want to recruit other FC members for their new static?

Malkav

French Madman
Like in a "shut your mouth", or more like in a "do not talk to me or my wife's son ever again" kind of way?

Weren't you in an FC? Shouldn't FC leadership be made aware of "mademoiselle polyamoureuse" and her escapades, or else they might want to recruit other FC members for their new static?

They left the FC a few weeks ago, dude wanted to create his own FC. He even had poached 2 or 3 members and it had created some drama with my FC leadership. So much so we had to move the static channel out of the FC Discord lol.

As for his message after I didn't answer his "we should talk" he sent me "I guess things are how they are now, I'll just ask to not spread rumors that would come from anger or assumption and I guess it's better we never talk again."

As for his public disband message on the static channel :
bad news, there is a lot of reasons, and some drama, I don't want to get into detail and I don't want to run everywhere to silence rumours, I am extremely annoyed and exhausted, I try to push away the bad feelings and focus on the real and the good time, but at this point I hit my threshold, I had a lot of fun with you guys, I hope I was a good leader at least in fight, I'm very proud how far we got blind, but there is too much little social issues that had grow, and lately one big that is very difficult for me to face.
I officially disband the cookie static (again)
I was annoyed the last time I did this, I am very sad this time, I do not blame anyone and I do not hold grief, I hope that most will do as well.

I have no idea what went on between his girlfriend and him leading up to that, but I'd suspect she fed him some bullshit partial lie about the other guy and myself in an attempt to deflect rather than risk having us tell something to him. As far as she's concerned, she may consider the other guy and myself have the nuclear codes in the form of our DM history with her.