Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
If you bought the game when it first came out, how do you go about downloading the beta? I logged into the account page from the lodestone and there is no download, or any kind of notification that I can play the beta. I also take it early access is out of the question for those that are not pre-purchasing the game?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you bought the game when it first came out, how do you go about downloading the beta? I logged into the account page from the lodestone and there is no download, or any kind of notification that I can play the beta. I also take it early access is out of the question for those that are not pre-purchasing the game?
were waiting on the release of the, well, release client that will be used for phase 4/early release. release.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I also take it early access is out of the question for those that are not pre-purchasing the game?
If you subbed for 90 days you're flagged as a "legacy" account and will get early access. You do not get pre-order bonuses unless you bought the original CE, and you have to pay for the monthly sub immediately after release.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got a while to wait yet.
smile.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's in a couple of hours, translation will be up soon after on reddit and shit as usual. Mostly the only really important info will be P4 dates and early access dates, but I guess they will show the Arcanist UI, talk about chocobo leveling and that kind of stuff too, so it should be pretty interesting.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It's in a couple of hours, translation will be up soon after on reddit and shit as usual. Mostly the only really important info will be P4 dates and early access dates, but I guess they will show the Arcanist UI, talk about chocobo leveling and that kind of stuff too, so it should be pretty interesting.
things are happening now.

edit pre show

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right I said couple of hours but it was already :40 so was more like 1:20. Now about 30mins to go.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Right I said couple of hours but it was already :40 so was more like 1:20. Now about 30mins to go.
I was reading some newspapers (they were talking about noodles for 10 minutes) and suddenly they stopped talking. Chat went nuts with beta starting aug 12th. There any truth to that? Because I also see people saying it is not so (only 30 minutes until we get to know for sure though, so no big deal). Monday seems to be a strange day to start a beta.

It started now

Fishing!

edit open beta aug 17 - 19 . P3 testers get in from 16

edit early access from 24-26. Servers will be open from aug 24th for pre orders. That is when the game starts they say,

edit again: level cap at 20 during P4 due to it being a "demo". However everything will be implemented. From voices to classes. It is the full release with a level cap. Unless a major critical bug happens, P4 characters will transfer to open beta.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah basically they confirmed no wipe for P4 unless critical bug(unlikely). 16-19 for P3 testers, capped at 20. Early access won't down between the 26 and the release either, it's basically start on the 24th no interuption after that.

Pretty short P4 but with the cap it should be fine, just gonna level sub classes and crafting or what not. Also if it works like the P3 betas, your character will accumulate leves between P4 and early access/release, which is nice.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Lol. Pvp will be implemented, but they only want to test hitting eachother. No abilities are implemented to counter spesifics. So if you get put to sleep, you will die. So please run they said
smile.png

edit: arcanist confirmed in live. Confirmed DPS class. The heals the class has are for the pet. Own pet bar (call, attack, return, etc)

EDIT2: Pet sounds to work very similar to EQ pets. Need pet control (example black mage sleeps someone, you need to make sure pet does not attack that mob). Pet can be customized in a way similar to the FF12 gambit system.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Arcanist a debuff class. Weak magic attacks on its own. Has a spell called "vain" where the debuffs cast on a target spreads to nearby mobs without the need to cast them on them individually.

edit: also has ether flow like the THM, status at level 1, 2,3, where you can choose how to use it every 60 secs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
curious if pets damage etc scale with gear
They mentioned as you leveled you would get abilities to increase the damage of the pet. I assume similar to the way EQ2 does it with the spells to buff it.

They mentioned that new pets will likely be added with an eventual increase of the level cap.

edit: IOS app to be released a week after launch. Basically a FF wiki with lots of info on quests. A free guide? Missed some of it. Android version 3 weeks after that. Both free.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking max level, if they don't scale with gear the class will fall behind as other dps get better gear.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking max level, if they don't scale with gear the class will fall behind as other dps get better gear.
Yeah. Was thinking that too, but then it might be my retranslation of the translation that is wrong. He wrote something in the lines of new pets might come when players reach the max level. So you might get boosted pets at max level to counter for that. But, as time progresses and new gear is added, you are right, that might become an issue if pets do not scale with gear. Especially if the pet classes are weak without their pets, which they confirmed they are (this is good though, as they mean they are actual pet classes and pets are important to them and not just an extra small dot)