Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
LOL @ level 20 cap

They need to push back the release date. There's no way they're ready with end game content and they have probably 20% of the population with level 50s on day 1

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
LOL @ level 20 cap

They need to push back the release date. There's no way they're ready with end game content and they have probably 20% of the population with level 50s on day 1
Not sure why the level 20 cap is there. They mentioned they were trying to test some things, but missed it (they stated what in their public letter on their website, just too lazy to look). But the cap is only for the 3 days of the P4 beta. Cap is removed for the early access. So do not think the cap is there at all to "block" players from content, because it is not there yet.
As to level 50s on day one. Took me better part of 4 beta weekends to get to level 20 (casual), so dunno. It seemed like the slowest leveling curve I have had the (pleasure) of playing since EQ.
edit: took so long because I explored, did not know what I was doing, did not try to min max, and tried several different classes. But, still, the leveling was extremely slow compared to recent mmos.

tower

The people who played the original piece of shit game get to keep their characters - those are the level 50s I'm referring to.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Are you fucking kidding me, that girl just scared the shit out of me. Mommy I am scared yet strangely aroused?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The people who played the original piece of shit game get to keep their characters - those are the level 50s I'm referring to.
Ahhhhhh

Did not know that. Then yes. They better have end game content.

(OMG the girl that just entered the chat is LOUD! my ears just exploded while typing this with headphones on. Dear god)

edit: lol yes Turbo.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I guess I can at least level a few jobs to 20 and get a head start on that. The 8 man stuff sounds pretty fun as long as there is some sort of challenge to it.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
wow, they just made me cry. "Raid was too hard so we are holding it back making it easier so you can join duty finder and enjoy" ...... no WOW, no

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Oh maybe they ment it was too hard and we need to do groups to get gear and they will release the raid later....too hard to tell.

tower

wow, they just made me cry. "Raid was too hard so we are holding it back making it easier so you can join duty finder and enjoy" ...... no WOW, no
Dont believe this bullshit. Here's what actually happened:

"Raid was unfinished and the 3rd boss glitched out and caused all our games to crash. Open Beta will be capped at 20 as a result"

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It was hard before, will it be hard now in ARR. We are not trying to make it hard on puropse, we want players to have fun.

For fucks sake. The players ( that now also seem to infuse the EQN thread) that are so deathly afraid of a challenge that they immediately think difficulty = NOT fun are outright ruining the damn industry. YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR ON RAIL GAMES! Only fun reward is a reward that is immediately given to you?

Bah humbug.

EDIT: jesus the girl screamed again. ..... I think I like her a lil.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I just learned abit about Japanese girls at least......no need for foreplay, want to make her have an orgasm? Get her a unicorn!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
They don't want people bothering people raiding I guess? (fucking crack fiends). Better at least have officer chat or custom channels....but no tells is just bizarre from all levels.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's a technical issue, one that they don't seem to want to bother fixing. Basically if you're in an instance, you're on a separate server. And they don't have cross server chat. They explained that before on the beta forums.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's a technical issue, one that they don't seem to want to bother fixing. Basically if you're in an instance, you're on a separate server. And they don't have cross server chat. They explained that before on the beta forums.
That is fucking retarded. Because you also cannot invite people into the guild from instances either. Basically when you go to an instance you are cut off from everyone but your group...

That's the most retarded shit I have ever heard of.

In P3 I had to wait for an invite because he was in an instance. At first I thought he was just concentrating on playing.... then I found out he flat out just could't chat with ANYONE or do anything outside that instance.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is fucking retarded. Because you also cannot invite people into the guild from instances either. Basically when you go to an instance you are cut off from everyone but your group...

That's the most retarded shit I have ever heard of.

In P3 I had to wait for an invite because he was in an instance. At first I thought he was just concentrating on playing.... then I found out he flat out just could't chat with ANYONE or do anything outside that instance.
Linkshell chat worked when I was in dungeons, it was just tell's that didn't, not sure about linkshell invites though and yes it's retarded. They really didn't think their cross server tech thoroughly or just got plain lazy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently the Phase 4 installer is available here:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup.exe

But the patch server is down, so there is nothing to download.
Have they confirmed that you need to uninstall the P3 client and download P4 entirely from scratch? I'd love to know how big the install is now that all the voices, cutscenes, etc. are in too. The old client was tiny for a MMO, and I'd love to install the game on my SSD but not if it's as big as, say, TERA (26GB) or TSW (38GB).

Edit: Stopped being lazy and checked the forums. In case anyone else is wondering: yes, you need to uninstall P3 for sure, and unless things have changed since May the client size will be about 20GB. I guess I can spare that much on my SSD.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They just need to separate the chat server from the game servers, like every other MMO. Every other NA MMO at least.

tower

I wish I was smart enough to cancel my preorder now and give it over with instead of wasting a month of my time