Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_40785.jpg
Thanks for your support. This is akin to Sally Strothers doing African hunger relief commercials reclining on her mounds of Ding Dongs, you know.

Also, 3102'ed since 2am. Sigh.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Had anyone seen a no shit accurate job requirement list? Why these are not shown in game is beyond me. There are a bunch of graphs and posts out here but they seem to all contradict each other as to what is required to take a job.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I forgot just how much a good day/night/weather cycle adds to I M M E R S I O N!!!1!1(tm). I also love the little details, like when you /sit next to a bed or chair, you actually sit in the object :p

rolx_sl

shitlord
Oh my god fuck SE every game they produce has so many bugs and problems. The game was fun but its like fighting there 1990 technology every step of the way.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
So I preordered my game in July, and was able to enter my GMG code through the square main site. I just bought it for my wife and when trying to enter the GMG code the same way, it tells me it is invalid? Anyone else have a similar experience? Or is it just because their everything is so fucked up right now

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
I haven't encountered a single major bug yet.
ERROR 3102 thread: 1200 Pages

People locked out for as long as something like 48 hours (and most people since last night).

But you haven't encountered a major bug! Just these few people. Who can't even create new characters because their characters are still logged into the game in some netherverse, even though it's fucking MMO coding 101 to, at a fucking minimum, have new log-ins just kick out the old character (to say nothing of having a feature that autologs a character out).

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't encountered a single major bug yet.
Same. Pretty impressed so far, especially considering what a terrible game it used to be. They should also license this engine. It's rock solid and performs like a champ. I've never seen graphics this good run so well in a MMO.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Same. Pretty impressed so far, especially considering what a terrible game it used to be. They should also license this engine. It's rock solid and performs like a champ. I've never seen graphics this good run so well in a MMO.
Yup... Agree and sane here. No bugs yet and my dated machine runs it like a dream.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's just the square enix social gaming / facebook equivilent...

You can actually enter your pre-order codes into the actual "game" servers starting august 20th.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
at this point i hope they either wipe or give out a free transfer. Theres nothing worse for a mmo than taking the multiplayer out of it, and when friends cant play on the same server, thats basically what they have done.
Wipe wouldn't solve that issue. Everyone will just pile on the servers again and become "Full" again. Transfers would be the only thing that would work, and leave it open and free for the first 3-4 weeks(to let the launch concurrent numbers die down).

Myst

Peasant
I just can't get over the fact that you can't create a second character on the server you're already on.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
3102'd here since late last night as well. it was relatively bugfree and lagfree for me up until that point too. I managed to get lancer to 16 and pugilist to 12 or so. I was hoping to get the pug to 15 then level some gathering or crafting too, oh well. I really hope they open up the server at headstart. I got a few people that is looking to roll onto the server.