Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
Very impressed with the game. Wish I could join a queue to log on instead of just being told to bugger off.

Something tells me though its going to be a while before these server issues are resolved.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also caught the 3102 when I got back into town last night, no leve unlock or rested. I am disappoint. Until the errors it has been enjoyable, looking forward to getting back in whenever that may be.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So it seems in 2013 its a trade off between having a seemingly excellent virtual world mmo but with crap for communication and the fact that they can't fix massive account issues (3102-9000 so on) , or have games that launch well enough but aren't in any way "virtual world" like ( no day-night , instanced as all hell or phasing to the extreme and so on).

Great to see a dev that realizes lots of little things like day-night cycle , weather and so on add up to add lots to an mmo. Fuck , you can even sit on chairs , ( take that Bioware).

Definitely enjoying the game enough to stick with it for a while , just curious with those of you who have experience with SE in mmo land , is this par for the course in having them be pretty mum about it and take so long to fix ?

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
So it seems in 2013 its a trade off between having a seemingly excellent virtual world mmo but with crap for communication and the fact that they can't fix massive account issues (3102-9000 so on) , or have games that launch well enough but aren't in any way "virtual world" like ( no day-night , instanced as all hell or phasing to the extreme and so on).

Great to see a dev that realizes lots of little things like day-night cycle , weather and so on add up to add lots to an mmo. Fuck , you can even sit on chairs , ( take that Bioware).

Definitely enjoying the game enough to stick with it for a while , just curious with those of you who have experience with SE in mmo land , is this par for the course in having them be pretty mum about it and take so long to fix ?
Yes.

They let things go on for years and there is 0 communication from them. Go find a FFXI forum and read about it, it gets hilarious. 1300 pages of 3102 error, and their twitter is talking about launching new servers, and not a single developer post. Total par for the S-E course.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
just curious with those of you who have experience with SE in mmo land , is this par for the course in having them be pretty mum about it and take so long to fix ?
Actually, there is MUCH more communication with this game than with FFXI. I don't think they even had forums for JP players, but I know NA players had no way to communicate with Square Enix if there were issues or feedback.

So they are doing a better job, but not much of one. At least there is a place to complain, but it's also 5AM in Japan so maybe we will get some response in a few hours.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Need old school launch EQ irc/chat rooms. The ones where when servers were down they had a general one and one for each server. With a scrolling message at the top with the "NO ETA" or "Should be resolved soon".

If I remember right , green names were Guides , there were often red name GM's , and then every so often even McQuaid and other devs would drop in to throw meat to the rioters.

Good times.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pretty strange that simply booting characters out of this limbo state is so difficult. You would figure that it would be a relatively easy problem to solve.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty strange that simply booting characters out of this limbo state is so difficult. You would figure that it would be a relatively easy problem to solve.
This added to an utter lack of communication on SE's part makes me somewhat nervous. Albeit from the standpoint of having absolutely no idea what it takes to birth one of these games.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably would require a server patch, extended downtime is not something they are doing in the middle of japanese night with 12 hours left until the end.

There will be some semi-official form letter apology with subtle undertones of "it's beta!"

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Anyone know if they have completely brought everything down , as in JP , NA/EU etc all together since the 3102 had started ? I know it's sticks through the NA server reboots , but every time I've seen those I could login to the JP ones , so it looks like for some ridiculous reason they haven't brought the account servers down all at once. (maybe they have and just missed it).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just can't get over the fact that you can't create a second character on the server you're already on.
Hmm might have to do with the sub brackets? I know its 12.99 but that is 1 character per server. Pay the usual $15 for 8 characters per server.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So what is their plan with this locked server shit? Will full servers be locked for days or weeks post release?

Oh, it's a SE. So the answer is "nobody fucking knows", right?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
oh well, i can't even get past the opening cinematic. crashes when the moon/world drops everytime

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like how the twitter releases were right around 0600 japan time, when they finally got people in to work that could look at it and possibly fix it?