Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bah, serves me right for bragging about my no-issues weekend - bugged out to desktop and when logging back into Gilg, getting 1017 error message. I finally got a group for the pirate dungeon quest as well....

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bah, serves me right for bragging about my no-issues weekend - bugged out to desktop and when logging back into Gilg, getting 1017 error message. I finally got a group for the pirate dungeon quest as well....
For that error, just keep trying to get in and you'll eventually enter the queue again. I had it a few times today from testing out characters but was able to get on after a little bit

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I guess I'm part of the lucky people, haven't had an issue all weekend. Got ACN/CNJ to 20, THM to 12, Botanist to 18, Alchemist to 18, gonna finish both of these before the down and Weaver to 10, probably gonna get to 15 before the down I have like a billion of cotton balls. Haven't used my leves cause I figure crafting will slow down so they'll be more useful later on, so mostly grinded combines, you can make a macro with up to 8 commands, with like /ac "Basic Synthesis" <me> then /wait 3 so I just click synthesize, press the macro, then alt tab for 15secs, rinse and repeat, using the cheapest combines and getting +200%xp bonus from the quality. Shit's been going fairly fast. Botanist is also faster than I expected, it really picks up once you can get HQ stuff since you get a large xp bonus on these.

Sucks for people who didn't get to play but to be honest I think they conscious open beta was going to be a mess and it was just a formality. It's always a mess in every recent mmo, but if you overreact and start opening servers everywhere, then release comes and you have a bunch of ghost towns because like half the people in open beta won't buy the game anyway. They did cave in in the end and opened a few more servers but they didn't go in a server opening spree. I don't think this game will have huge sub numbers or anything so opening 20servers because the open beta ones are full would be quite a waste. Do hope they resolve the issue with chars being "connected" even though they're not and shit though, that looks bad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Delicious 3201 or whatever that stuck logged in error is lol.

I'm hoping they can resolve these things in a week heh

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I guess I'm part of the lucky people, haven't had an issue all weekend. Got ACN/CNJ to 20, THM to 12, Botanist to 18, Alchemist to 18, gonna finish both of these before the down and Weaver to 10, probably gonna get to 15 before the down I have like a billion of cotton balls. Haven't used my leves cause I figure crafting will slow down so they'll be more useful later on, so mostly grinded combines, you can make a macro with up to 8 commands, with like /ac "Basic Synthesis" <me> then /wait 3 so I just click synthesize, press the macro, then alt tab for 15secs, rinse and repeat, using the cheapest combines and getting +200%xp bonus from the quality. Shit's been going fairly fast. Botanist is also faster than I expected, it really picks up once you can get HQ stuff since you get a large xp bonus on these.

Sucks for people who didn't get to play but to be honest I think they conscious open beta was going to be a mess and it was just a formality. It's always a mess in every recent mmo, but if you overreact and start opening servers everywhere, then release comes and you have a bunch of ghost towns because like half the people in open beta won't buy the game anyway. They did cave in in the end and opened a few more servers but they didn't go in a server opening spree. I don't think this game will have huge sub numbers or anything so opening 20servers because the open beta ones are full would be quite a waste. Do hope they resolve the issue with chars being "connected" even though they're not and shit though, that looks bad.
Yeah the macros help a ton. Setup to cast steady hand and the control buff, 3-4 basic touches and then whatever # of synth. Sucks on long ones though, with only allowing 15 lines I think in a macro, can't fit everything

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
For that error, just keep trying to get in and you'll eventually enter the queue again. I had it a few times today from testing out characters but was able to get on after a little bit
Ya, been after it an hour, thinkin about just calling it a day. Seems odd that the queue (seemingly) is set so low. Highest queue I've seen in 60..... should definitely increase the number in queue for launch!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I am done for the weekend. Not gonna spend all day trying to spam log in to get on.
smile.png

Managed to get 20 lancer, 20 pugilist and 16 marauder before I disconnected, so fairly happy with my weekend.

I hope they put a queue in for release and not server full and spam log in, as that is really annoying. Also wish that they implemented that if you disconnect you get put back at the beginning of the queue like most MMO do, or just allow you to relog in with no wait for a few mins.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Well I am done for the weekend. Not gonna spend all day trying to spam log in to get on.
smile.png

Managed to get 20 lancer, 20 pugilist and 16 marauder before I disconnected, so fairly happy with my weekend.

I hope they put a queue in for release and not server full and spam log in, as that is really annoying. Also wish that they implemented that if you disconnect you get put back at the beginning of the queue like most MMO do, or just allow you to relog in with no wait for a few mins.
I have no clue how their queueing works. I almost think it's broken. Because there is one, it just doesn't work all the time. Unless the queue itself is full and youre trying to get into it

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no clue how their queueing works. I almost think it's broken. Because there is one, it just doesn't work all the time. Unless the queue itself is full and youre trying to get into it
I don't know about that. I was getting the message then after trying for 10 minutes it got me into the game without waiting for the queue. I feel like this is EQ again, where you just spammed trying to login until you got lucky.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I've been spamming for at least 20 minutes to get in. I got a queue about 5 minutes into it, was waiting, then it just told me the server was full and to try again. Haven't gotten a queue again

Needless

Toe Sucker
was 20 the max level for the beta? I'm guessing it won't take very long to get 50 etc.

One thing im curious about, as i never got into 14, or 11 for that matter is; what happens when you have say... 3 jobs at max level, and suddenly you don't have any newbie zone quests to do.. is it just a series of mob grinding at that point on?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
was 20 the max level for the beta? I'm guessing it won't take very long to get 50 etc.

One thing im curious about, as i never got into 14, or 11 for that matter is; what happens when you have say... 3 jobs at max level, and suddenly you don't have any newbie zone quests to do.. is it just a series of mob grinding at that point on?
Fate, Duty Finder, and Hunting Log, Levequests

You get an exp bonus as well. Let's say you have a 50 Pugulist, and want to level an archer. At level 1, you'll get a real gnarly exp boost because of the distance between the two levels.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Seems like teleporting/hearthing triggers me to crash to desktop occasionally, forcing me back into the error 1017. Hope they can work that out by next weekend... Got pugilist to 17 (hope I can finish up to 20) and lancer to 15. Think(?) that is all that is needed for monk. First dungeon was fun - want to do them all though. After doing pve in GW2, it feels fucking good to have the trinity back.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I can't get in within the next 5 mins that probably does it for me in beta. It's a nice game but to be honest their server issues at the very least has probably held me pre-ordering, simply because who knows what kind of clusterfuck they are going to be dealing with on the 27th.

ETA: What a tease, actually started loading (with the city graphic) then halfway through get the 1017 error.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I just hope I can make a toon on Gilgamesh when early access begins. Been playing fine, just not on the right server for 2 days.