Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I used it this last weekend using the settings that Vorph posted. The game looked much better with the tweaks + SMAA over the shitty FXAA that Square uses.
Bookmark it by any chance? I used Vorphs gamepad filters. We should buy him an ice cream.

bayr_sl

shitlord
You can theoretically register your pre order codes now, but it's a pain in the ass since Square is so incompetent and every page will time out, it will tell your code doesnt work, etc

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It says it failed but in your profile the game should be there, so it seems to work, kinda.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
For those of you who registered a collectors edition, does it specify whether or not it was a collectors or a regular edition on your profile page? The reason I ask is because the email I received from GMG only lists the ingame rewards from the regular edition despite paying the collectors price tag on top of that I registered the code I was given and it just says "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn " on the profile page.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
For those of you who registered a collectors edition, does it specify whether or not it was a collectors or a regular edition on your profile page? The reason I ask is because the email I received from GMG only lists the ingame rewards from the regular edition despite paying the collectors price tag on top of that I registered the code I was given and it just says "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn " on the profile page.
Fairly sure the pre-order codes don't differentiate between CE or regular. I know the Amazon ones don't.

Your account gets flagged for CE once you input the retail code you get at release.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
It's not specifying it as a CE on mine, either, probably because - and I'm just speculating here - that it's just a generic early access code and not tied to CE benefits. In other words, probably won't get the CE stuff until Launch Day.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
rrr_img_41016.png

Mine says "CE"

edit: derp, this is GMG, not Square!

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I order many MMO CE and yeah generally early access codes are just that. You don't get CE stuff until you put in your legit retail CE code. That way you don't cancel out of a sometimes $100-150 CE and get to keep the goods.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I've had FFXIV ARR listed under the SE account just because of beta access for months , so not sure how to differentiate that and early access flagged ? Are any of yours actually saying anything about it showing early access/pre-order specifically once you input your code?

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I've got the impression while the site is live that they aren't necessarily accepting codes yet. I'm having no issues getting feedback from the server, I just don't think its fully live yet.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It took me a little while, but I was able to put in my preorder code. I then received an email with a link and an early access code, that I was also able to enter.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Shit I haven't even gotten my code from SE yet. Ordered through them, knowing it was a mistake. Sigh....

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I entered my CE collectors edition when I got it last month am I golden for early access or was I supposed to get another code and enter it today?

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
haha I'm with you, Krassus. Just entered the code and this thing is working harder than if it had been given a logic bomb from Captain Kirk. No confirmation yet, but I'm terrified of closing the window and having it eat my code...

Myst

Peasant
I used it this last weekend using the settings that Vorph posted. The game looked much better with the tweaks + SMAA over the shitty FXAA that Square uses.
I wouldn't mind getting a copy of those settings as well. Do you still have them on hand?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
haha I'm with you, Krassus. Just entered the code and this thing is working harder than if it had been given a logic bomb from Captain Kirk. No confirmation yet, but I'm terrified of closing the window and having it eat my code...
No way in hell im closing this window
cool.png

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
I put my code in and it said "there was an error try again later" but when i go to my SE account it has ffxiv in my games list now, and the date listed as being registered Aug 20th, I guess it worked anyway? I also heard you can just leave the p4 beta installed because it's going to be the same as the release game? dunno.