Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I put my code in and it said "there was an error try again later" but when i go to my SE account it has ffxiv in my games list now, and the date listed as being registered Aug 20th, I guess it worked anyway? I also heard you can just leave the p4 beta installed because it's going to be the same as the release game? dunno.
Got an email from GMG today about early access that said you wouldn't need to download the game if you had the beta installed.

Shit I haven't even gotten my code from SE yet. Ordered through them, knowing it was a mistake. Sigh....
I ordered from SE and got an initial email from them that had a link I needed to follow to request the pre order code for some reason. After clicking that link, I got my code like 5 minutes later.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
I put my code in and it said "there was an error try again later" but when i go to my SE account it has ffxiv in my games list now, and the date listed as being registered Aug 20th, I guess it worked anyway? I also heard you can just leave the p4 beta installed because it's going to be the same as the release game? dunno.
I did the same but the date on the registration still shows months ago. Are you looking at the main SE account page?

axeman_sl

shitlord
What are your thoughts on the tanks? Clearly paladin is going to be the favored main tank for bosses, but can warriors do it well enough to not be a second rate tank? It really seems to me that it's set up to become a bit like EQ's warriors vs. knights, the latter only being good for tanking adds and one-group content while the former is universally the main tank of everything to the point where you wouldn't even bother trying to raid without a warrior MT. I'm really leaning towards making a warrior, but if it's gonna be the reserve tank that nobody really cares about, I'm not gonna bother. With the gigantic difference in defensive properties, it's kind of looking that way; paladins justh ave so insanely superior mitigation and EHP that either there's no way warriors will be able to efficiently tank the same things or paladins will be easymode due to overqualification.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can confirm this just happened to me as well. Said there was a problem, please try again later but when I go to the actual Square account page, it's showing FFXIV ARR under registered games.

I assume the rerolled guild has not been formed yet?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can't do free companies until level 25, so we've been operating under a linkshell that was ~100 / 128 full

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I can confirm this just happened to me as well. Said there was a problem, please try again later but when I go to the actual Square account page, it's showing FFXIV ARR under registered games.

I assume the rerolled guild has not been formed yet?
Reading the beta forums, the "registered on" message doesn't mean anything. You are suppose to receive a e-mail back from square after you register your pre-order code, this second e-mail should contain an additional code with more registration information (Supposedly, I haven't been able to successfully register yet).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bookmark it by any chance? I used Vorphs gamepad filters. We should buy him an ice cream.
** Both settings files have been updated on 8/25/13. Try the new SMAA if you want, but save the old file in case you don't like what I've done to it besides just the AA. **

You need the Boulotaur2024 version of the injector that has better compatibility, 64-bit support, etc. It'shere.

Unzip that into the FFXIV ARR\game directory and then overwrite SweetFX_settings.txt withmine. I did everything I could to minimize the distortion that SMAA causes to fonts that already have subpixel rendering (e.g. ClearType) applied.

For people extra-sensitive to the text distortion of SMAA, I did aFXAA versionthis morning. AA is not as nice, but text is nearly untouched.

For both versions, be sure to shut off in-game FXAA (which isn't really FXAA at all, it's just a shitty blur filter).

Screenshots:
Normal
SweetFX
Text distortion minimized(That's a P3 screenshot, and I found the problem less noticeable in P4. Didn't take any new screenshots though.)

On a related topic, there are new Catalyst beta drivers (13.8b2) that have optimizations for FF XIV. Hopefully they also fixed the crashing caused by the previous beta Cats. If they don't, you'll need to downgrade to 13.4.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If i'm not mistaken, from what i read... those who had 1.0, but did not subscribe for 90+ days to obtain "Legacy" status, don't get the early access next weekend? also, the PSN version doesn't grant early access?

Accurate?
Yeah you need to buy a copy of the new game to get an Early Access code if you are a 1.0 non-legacy player. I just purchased the Digital version off Amazon for $30, and they give you $10 in Amazon credit so really $20. You get EA code, plus a minion and Moogle cap.

Also, on the French FFXIV Twitter:

"The pre-order site is having problems because of excessive load (lots of people), if you are getting an error when inputting your code try again later, thanks for your understanding. If you have not received your code, don't worry the people who send them are not sending them all at once (so basically wait), please have patience."

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Same with Amazon - was instant.

Have read many who didnt get it from amazon just cancelled the order and reordered and got the code instantly.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Got a busy next couple of weekends which kind of sucks. I'd love to be in the first wave before everyone quits. Plenty of time to catch up after August though.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For a company of their size they should have a batter website. I went to the link for the preorder code and it's down. Jesus their website sucks ass.
rrr_img_41042.jpg

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought mine on GMG. I don't know if the code they gave me permitted early access or if it was just the code for registering the game itself. I don't remember it ever telling me. Under confirmed services, on the SE account page, It lists FF14, though. I'm so confused, and a little worried that i'm going to miss out on early access.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I bought mine on GMG. I don't know if the code they gave me permitted early access or if it was just the code for registering the game itself. I don't remember it ever telling me. Under confirmed services, on the SE account page, It lists FF14, though. I'm so confused, and a little worried that i'm going to miss out on early access.
You should have received an e-mail from GMG that contains an activation key when you purchased the game. It should also say:

Early Access: Allowing access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea.
As long as you received this information above, you're fine.

The page is getting hammered by everyone trying to do the same thing, there's no rush to get it registered at this point in time. If you just wait it out until later tonight or the day after things should be resolved.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
For a company of their size they should have a batter website. I went to the link for the preorder code and it's down. Jesus their website sucks ass.
Pretty sure it was getting slammed, they aren't Google or Amazon - they probably can't take a couple million hits/code registrations in such a short span.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should have received an e-mail from GMG that contains an activation key when you purchased the game. It should also say:

As long as you received this information above, you're fine.

The page is getting hammered by everyone trying to do the same thing, there's no rush to get it registered at this point in time. If you just wait it out until later tonight or the day after things should be resolved.
I just got a prompt on the actual page but never the email. I did however register the code they gave me and it seems to show up on my account. They really need to work on their account management shit.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
You need the Boulotaur2024 version of the injector that has better compatibility, 64-bit support, etc. It'shere.

Unzip that into the FFXIV ARR\game directory and then overwrite SweetFX_settings.txt withmine. I did everything I could to minimize the distortion that SMAA causes to fonts that already have subpixel rendering (e.g. ClearType) applied.

Screenshots:
Normal
SweetFX
Text distortion minimized(That's a P3 screenshot, and I found the problem less noticeable in P4. Didn't take any new screenshots though.)

On a related topic, there are new Catalyst beta drivers (13.8b2) that have optimizations for FF XIV. Hopefully they also fixed the crashing caused by the previous beta Cats. If they don't, you'll need to downgrade to 13.4.
Thanks man. That looks substantially better. Hopefully the text is tolerable in game.