Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IIRC, I had standard filters for ALL and Enemies, then a couple custom ones that do engaged enemies only, and friendly players only. Occasionally I have to modify them if there's a NPC to heal or whatever.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Also don't forget to turn off the 1st set of filters (I think it was...) that auto reverts you back to a base state when not in combat. I tended to want my customer filter up at all times. Reason being was that an enemy wasn't tagged asengagedunless I had healed or cast a spell on it or a group member. Was infuriating to just try and DPS but targeting something way off in the background because it was using the default setting. Maybe that changed for P4, I got 90k'd pretty early and couldn't do many instances. Alternatively just use the /cast "Stone II" <tt> to never have to switch targets and level up your ez-mode.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
My only gripe with using a controller in this game was that if I switch a target mid battle, it would auto move back to my original target unless cancelling said target first. Anyone find an option to change that shit? Beyond annoying.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
My only gripe with using a controller in this game was that if I switch a target mid battle, it would auto move back to my original target unless cancelling said target first. Anyone find an option to change that shit? Beyond annoying.
You have to double tap A or whatever your confirm target button is.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tried once on firefox with plugins, had problems even with everything unblocked.

Tried once on chrome with no plugins, got no problems. Edit:Screengrabbed the wrong part, whoops.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, that's the best part of gamepad targeting. Keep tank targeted, quickly change to someone else for a heal and then you're back on the tank. Or for dps, keep the boss/main target targeted and quickly switch to adds to put up a DoT.

If you want the new target to stick just quickly press X (A for 360) before you use an ability on it.

And yeah, as a healer I exclusively dps via /ac "Stone" <tt> with the tank targeted. Don't feel like wasting a hotkey slot on shitty Aero, especially once I get Stone II. Definitely switch off the thing that reverts your filter to ALL after every combat, and I also shut off "lock-on on autoattack". You don't need it to get in position for flank/rear attacks and lock-on WILL make you fuck up getting out of telegraphs in time.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm, could of sworn I tried that but it is entirely possible that i'm just retarded so i'll take your guys' words for it!

I just remember trying to Sleep those 4 mobs for the lvl 15 THM Quest and wanting to snap my gamepad in half. Haven't touched it since but I am curious to give it another shot as an ARC.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
If I recall you'll see a spinning arrow (roundish?) icon or something above the other targetting shit above the NPCS head once you are locked on to it. Also I think hitting O or B (red/circle button) on gamepad drops that lock and then you can do what Vorph is talking about. I would be nice to have an indicator of what the shit means when you have an NPC targetted and locked on etc. Maybe this is in the actual manual I honestly cannot say I've checked yet (if there even is a manual, I'm guessing theres a PDF or something in the folder but I'm at work and can't check.)

kahilm_sl

shitlord
I finally got through with entering my 18-digit code from GMG, got the 20-digit code from SE, and after trying to enter it into their site I get this:

rrr_img_41064.jpg

Apparently a lot of other people are getting the same shit -http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ame_region_as/

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heard a rumor that SE is supposed to email us our pre-order codes today? Haven't gotten mine yet, was thinking about cancelling and going through Amazon.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't be shocked. They gave me a EU code during beta, so I had to create a whole new account with EU to use it. Luckily my old NA account got into beta a few days later, so I was able to play it during p4. But I wouldn't be surprise there are people out there that did the same as me(made a EU account for the EU code just to play) and now can't add a NA pre-order code to that beta account.

Plus people are saying GMG codes are EU only? Not sure if that's true.

I'm still trying to put in my pre-order code, no rush though, the dev posted its getting hit hard(duh) and to just keep trying every so often.

Heard a rumor that SE is supposed to email us our pre-order codes today? Haven't gotten mine yet, was thinking about cancelling and going through Amazon.
Uh I bought from SE and my code came literally 5 minutes after I ordered it. SHould be a e-mail from digital river, confirming your purchases and at the bottom list your products with the "pre-order package" having a SKU code.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I wouldn't be shocked. They gave me a EU code during beta, so I had to create a whole new account with EU to use it. Luckily my old NA account got into beta a few days later, so I was able to play it during p4. But I wouldn't be surprise there are people out there that did the same as me(made a EU account for the EU code just to play) and now can't add a NA pre-order code to that beta account.

I'm still trying to put in my pre-order code, no rush though, the dev posted its getting hit hard(duh) and to just keep trying every so often.

Uh I bought from SE and my code came literally 5 minutes after I ordered it. SHould be a e-mail from digital river, confirming your purchases and at the bottom list your products with the "pre-order package" having a SKU code.
After re reading my email from GMG looks lime the code may be EU as it gives you the EU link to enter the code.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I screenshoted my receipt page so I had my product / order number / early access code all in one place. It labels the product as "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Digital Collector's Edition (NA)" so it would be blatantly retarded for them to allow (NA) product selections while handing out EU keys only.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It must be a law that every Japanese youth play ffxiv if they are having this much trouble because of web traffic.;