Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just got my 18-digit code to go through, same region issue with the 20-digit. People on reddit are claiming SE, Amazon, GMG doesn't matter plus there are GMG players on EU accounts having issues as well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heard a rumor that SE is supposed to email us our pre-order codes today? Haven't gotten mine yet, was thinking about cancelling and going through Amazon.
So after reading on beta forums, did you order through the EU se store? Supposedly it was only the NA store that sent codes right away, the EU SE store has to e-mail them I guess between today and the 24th.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got a confirmation e-mail that my copies have shipped today. There's nothing about the pre-order codes in that e-mail, but perhaps that will come later. I'm not really too concerned about it.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My GMG code specifically said NA but it still went to the eu account site where it shows the game registered. No email from square even though it shows registered in the account. Figure ill try again when I know for sure the page is working.

Malakriss

I'm wondering if when the merged the SE accounts they fubared the region type for everyone.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Still haven't received a single e-mail from the SE store saying either I can use my pre-order code, or that my pre-order was ever processed or that my card has been charged for it, etc. It's not showing up on any of my accounts either. Can see the order through findmyorder.com, though but nowhere else. Should I be worried yet? Really would have been nice if they sold PC boxed CEs somewhere other than their shitty online store.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You enter your pre-order code in the website, which then gives you a EA code, which you then enter either when you login the first time on the 20th or you can go to the account page linked(when they give you the EA code) and do it now.

Tol_sl

shitlord
My GMG purchase says NA, but the page they emailed me was the EU site. Between this and Squareenix's web sight, this is such a mess.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Re: Earlier worries about 3102s, etc: I don't find it a concern at all how they handled the issue(s). It was a beta. I'm willing to forget all about it.

The real test starts on Saturday. If they fuck that up... then I'll worry.

Merrith

So after reading on beta forums, did you order through the EU se store? Supposedly it was only the NA store that sent codes right away, the EU SE store has to e-mail them I guess between today and the 24th.
No I found it, just had to go back and find the order confirmation email. Now just getting the "site upgrades" screen though, will just wait until later tonight or tomorrow.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You enter your pre-order code in the website, which then gives you a EA code, which you then enter either when you login the first time on the 20th or you can go to the account page linked(when they give you the EA code) and do it now.
The problem for me is I never got a EA code. Just the message saying try again later and showing registered (although on the SE eu account page). I got to assume it didn't take. I have high hopes for live lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the try again later for me also. Probably try every hour or so , if not then in middle of night or closer to saturday.

Not shocking that the code claiming page would be hammered today.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find it kind of funny that this thread is only two hundred-ish pages. The eqnext thread is nearly reaching one-thousand and it's all just theorycraft with like 10 pages of actual information. Fuckin nostalgia.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I find it kind of funny that this thread is only two hundred-ish pages. The eqnext thread is nearly reaching one-thousand and it's all just theorycraft with like 10 pages of actual information. Fuckin nostalgia.
Absolutely relevant.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Probably because the EQ thread has something for everyone. Threadshitters, rose-colored glasses, cautious optimists, and people excited to talk about how the genre might evolve are all feeding off of each others posts there. FF14 is kind of a, "nothing new. guess it's pretty polished. 3102." kind of thing as far as discussion goes. I think everyone knows exactly what to expect with ff14 so no one is really excited by possibilities of newness in the genre nor will be let down by it.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think i'm just going to wait a few days to bother registering this code. Hopefully the bulk of the traffic is gone by then.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got through for me :p Was doing some work on work pc and would just look over and try every so often :p

And my good luck comes to a end. Region error.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I was interested in EQN. Now I care about as much for it as any other mmo (Wildstar, Archage, Black Desert, etc). It is not the EQ I wanted, it is yet another step in the direction I hoped MMOs would stay away from. Hell, FF 14 is more EQ in its core design than what EQN seems to be.

I will try it when it comes, but meh. I will get my nostalgia fix from the summoner in FF 14. Just hope that they do not simplify all pet control just because some people are terribad at it.