Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Sounds to me like Byr is quitting, so he may have some free time to help you out there.
roflmao

In all fairness, some, if not most of the quests certainly are bland and the map system needs a pretty big overhaul in terms of seeing and navigating poi in other locations. Other than that there are plenty of fun things to do and it feels like a solid, well-polished, casual MMO.

seriously doubt I'll play 14.. had a lot of good times on FFXI. Might give the ffxi emulator a go when it's more polished. Seemed to be coming along nicely last time I logged in a month ago.

Classic ffxi trolling

20jais.jpg

mrust2.jpg

fuc6iv.jpg

Epic byakko haidate desynth

2nsccv7.jpg

axz0h5.jpg

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Meh not really much different from any mmo out there right now, but I always loved the ff job system. They stole the best parts of guild wars and wow. Combat is a bit slow at lower levels (not sure about later though). The environment is pretty great though. I'll pass them some money and try it though when it goes live.

Side note: kudos to SE for having the balls to say "we fucked up hardcore. Lets try that again". Most games that tank that way have a way different model when facing that problem.

Sean_sl

shitlord
They stole the best parts of guild wars and wow.
I wish they'd steal the real best part of Guild Wars 2 and go with a Box Purchase + Cosmetic Shop (+minor shit) model and go with paid for DLC content expansions. They could drop the sub and make billions of fucking dollars off a cosmetic shop in this game easily. Japs would go absolutely nuts over all the possible FF outfits they could sell in this game.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
cabbitcabbit_sl said:
Most games that tank that way have a way different model when facing that problem.
Most companies that drop a bomb that big don't have the money SE does and the need to breathe new life into their cash cow.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
While talking about 11, new expansion has been released.
Geomancers and Runeknights
wink.png

Almost tempted to revisit it again, but it'll probably just spoil the good memories I have from the game. (seeing how so much has been changed).
Fighting mobs at camps instead of questing, good immersive storylines/world, job system (why can't have more games have this!!) , where accomplishments mattered, as your gear would not be obsolet a patch cycle later.
And of course all the lovely community/server drama which has been lacking in mmo's since. Guilds/linkshells were a lot more tight/close in that game due to the competition aspect, but also because there was always something to do in the game. And to do so, you usually needed a few people.

I wonder how much FF-14 2.0 will manage to get right, or if 11 will remain the dated, but better game.

ixian_sl

shitlord
While talking about 11, new expansion has been released.
Geomancers and Runeknights
wink.png

Almost tempted to revisit it again, but it'll probably just spoil the good memories I have from the game. (seeing how so much has been changed).
Fighting mobs at camps instead of questing, good immersive storylines/world, job system (why can't have more games have this!!) , where accomplishments mattered, as your gear would not be obsolet a patch cycle later.
And of course all the lovely community/server drama which has been lacking in mmo's since. Guilds/linkshells were a lot more tight/close in that game due to the competition aspect, but also because there was always something to do in the game. And to do so, you usually needed a few people.

I wonder how much FF-14 2.0 will manage to get right, or if 11 will remain the dated, but better game.
Expect the only competition in FFXIV to come from the race to complete new raid instances, similar to other MMOs. We already know that while there will be some open world mobs, they won't be contested in the same way they were in FFXI. Heck, FFXI doesn't even do those anymore.

Also as someone who went back to FFXI after the expansion was originally announced, don't bother (though opinions can vary of course). You'd have to do so much tedious catching up, it really won't be worth it considering the things you liked about the game.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
Wow this game is actually pretty good now. I was in the previous beta and it's like night and day. You want graphics? Check. Responsive gameplay? Check. I think the only bad thing I can say about it at this point is that the questing is very treadmill-like (kill X of Y). I haven't read ANY of the storyline though so I can't comment on that.

They even got the 3rd person camera settings right. (Set "3rd person camera angle" in the options for those wondering). No longer is my character STUCK in the middle of my screen with limited horizon viewability and basically staring into the ground. Instead if lets you offset the angle so you can see so much more, it's awesome. I think TERA had a similar option too.