Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, if you want to autolevel each of the 4 classes to level 15 then you need to put in a whole 10 minutes worth of time for a convenience.
not sure why you say 10 minutes. the issue is that this isnt advertised anywhere. it should be right in the same post as the wandering minstrel explanation. Its just retarded.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
not sure why you say 10 minutes. the issue is that this isnt advertised anywhere. it should be right in the same post as the wandering minstrel explanation. Its just retarded.
Because after you do the level 10 quest that's part of the pre-req it literally takes no more than 10 minutes (roughly) to travel to each of the 4 npc's and talk to them. I agree that the visibility of the post was buried in a bunch of shit but it is there and easy to do.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's advertised in-game once you finish the level 15 quest for the class.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's advertised in-game once you finish the level 15 quest for the class.
im assuming you mean the auto level to 25 which is stated clearly in the Dev posts. The problem is the level 15 one which isnt in the dev post and is hidden multiple pages deep in general discussion, posted by a regular player.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
im assuming you mean the auto level to 25 which is stated clearly in the Dev posts. The problem is the level 15 one which isnt in the dev post and is hidden multiple pages deep in general discussion, posted by a regular player.
You mean the chain, that you're directed to "IN GAME" once you hit 15?

I guess INGAME INGAME INGAME means forums, right?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean the chain, that you're directed to "IN GAME" once you hit 15?

I guess INGAME INGAME INGAME means forums, right?
and the problem being that you cant hit 15 with the quests available....which this entire line of posting is about?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The game's ways better than it was in its first beta (although that's not saying much). Still very old-fashioned and boring by todays standards i feel. You get to a questhub, pick up 2 to 3 quests and then you're off killing 5 frogs and 8 mosquito swarms, over and over again.

Made it up to level 10 and i really had to push myself, the quests are just boring and while the combat is ways faster than it was during the original release, just not very engaging. You pretty much spam 2 buttons and that's it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
and the problem being that you cant hit 15 with the quests available....which this entire line of posting is about?
I'm not sure which part you played, but I hit 15 on all 4 available without using the autolevel (including the class you get opened via quest). It sucked having to go back and rebuy equipment for it at level 1, but it was trivial to raise it to 15.

Or did you not figure out (via the original explanation IN GAME) that all of the leves can scale and once you open them at level 10 that the level 1, 5, and 10 leves are available for that character?

A.K.A they are available in game, and you're bitching because you didn't bother to read the instructions.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure which part you played, but I hit 15 on all 4 available without using the autolevel (including the class you get opened via quest). It sucked having to go back and rebuy equipment for it at level 1, but it was trivial to raise it to 15.
Or did you not figure out (via the original explanation IN GAME) that all of the leves can scale and once you open them at level 10 that the level 1, 5, and 10 leves are available for that character?
A.K.A they are available in game, and you're bitching because you didn't bother to read the instructions.
so your forced to level three more classes in order to continue? how is that better?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Holy fuck. Your vagina is so unmoistened and full of sand I can't believe it. Just play it or don't, this is early beta. This is the way shit works. It won't be released like this. There was a time when MMO's didn't hold your hand and say "Ok timmy, go to this NPC, he'll take care of you."

Spend exactly 1 minute on the forums and you can find this shit. Instead you spend half a day complaining about it to people who don't give a shit.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck. Your vagina is so unmoistened and full of sand I can't believe it. Just play it or don't, this is early beta. This is the way shit works. It won't be released like this. There was a time when MMO's didn't hold your hand and say "Ok timmy, go to this NPC, he'll take care of you."
incoming EQ nostalgia.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
Is there a secret to getting this game to recognize the controller? I selected the controller option, but it doesnt seem to recognize it being plugged in. Its the standard official xbox wired controller if that makes any difference.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there a secret to getting this game to recognize the controller? I selected the controller option, but it doesnt seem to recognize it being plugged in. Its the standard official xbox wired controller if that makes any difference.
Aren't they only testing a few controller models? Not sure, could be the issue though.

FYI, I have no EQ nostalgia.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
so your forced to level three more classes in order to continue? how is that better?
No you're not forced to level ANY of the other classes if you don't want to but please keep in mind that even the crafting / gathering portions of the game are considered classes.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Looks like it has a problem with my laptop somehow. It's patching fine on my server. So, I'll just patch it there and copy it to the laptop. After seeing Byr go supernova over not getting everything handed to him on a silver platter, I have even more hope for this game now.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like it has a problem with my laptop somehow. It's patching fine on my server. So, I'll just patch it there and copy it to the laptop. After seeing Byr go supernova over not getting everything handed to him on a silver platter, I have even more hope for this game now.
its not that they didnt hand it to me, its that they tried to and fucking failed at it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You men "you're" or "you are" not "your", right? And no, I wasn't forced at all. You're forced to hit level 10 on ONE CLASS (your first class) to open leves and class changes. After that you can get the power leveling once you hit level 15 on any class. I completely skipped the non-combat classes as I just wanted to fight shit. As well, of course the starting area is getting boring doing the same leves... it's just one of the multiple that are supposed to be available at launch.

Again, it's pretty clearyou'reeither 1) talking out of your ass based on some shitpost you read someplace and and haven't played the game, 2) played through 1 class, got pissy and decided it was a shitty game, or 3) had a bugged experience when leveling one of the classes and didn't get the quest information posted to you.

1) Is the most probable, which no one can help you with.
2) Is possible, but still no one can help you with.
3) is the shittiest option, because rather than be a whiny jerk, you should have filed a bug report. Though (being fair), if you didn't know what would happen, you wouldn't know to file a report.

I actually had #3 happen to me when I started over on another server with a friend. So it is possible none of this shit just popped up for you. On the other hand, it seems like you're just pissed about the game no matter what and that you don't want to give it a chance.