Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
My free month was over a week and a half or so ago, I have 50 Carpenter but my highest combat class is only 39 (PLD). Still following the storyline with the gf so I only play this char really when we have time to play together. I have an alt scholar/summoner that I play by myself that is 34.

I'm also in a casual FC with 90 odd members and the vast majority of them don't have one class at 50 yet.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No guys, if you don't consume all of an MMO's content within your free month then you're fucking lazy and BAD andprobablyugly.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
increase dungeon xp - Page 2

Will copy and paste it here as well.

"Greetings,

As was mentioned during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX, we'll be introducing a feature for the Duty Finder in patch 2.1 that will place you in a random dungeon in order to get people participating in a wider variety of dungeons.

Specifically, we will be breaking down dungeon content into different categories such as leveling dungeons, level 50+ dungeons, and primal battles, and players will be matched for random content. You'll be able to challenge each category once every real-world day and as a reward you will receive each kind of Allagan tomestones. Participants will be matched with priority on content that is lacking members.

Also, in order to strike a proper balance between this plan and the experience points gained by participating in FATE, we will be increasing the amount of experience points gained in dungeons in patch 2.1."

Taloo_sl

shitlord
increase dungeon xp - Page 2

Will copy and paste it here as well.

"Greetings,

As was mentioned during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX, we'll be introducing a feature for the Duty Finder in patch 2.1 that will place you in a random dungeon in order to get people participating in a wider variety of dungeons.

Specifically, we will be breaking down dungeon content into different categories such as leveling dungeons, level 50+ dungeons, and primal battles, and players will be matched for random content. You'll be able to challenge each category once every real-world day and as a reward you will receive each kind of Allagan tomestones. Participants will be matched with priority on content that is lacking members.

Also, in order to strike a proper balance between this plan and the experience points gained by participating in FATE, we will be increasing the amount of experience points gained in dungeons in patch 2.1."
They need to remmove the feature that disables abilities if you get scaled down below their level before that goes live if theres any chance at all of being de leveled. I'll be fucked if I'm redoing my hotbars or waiting on someone on a PS3 to redo theirs.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Or just... don't use them if they aren't available? I don't move shit around on my bars when I'm deleveled, at least. Not sure if I'm alone on that.

Bruman

Golden Squire
The problem is with Rank 1 / Rank 2 type spells. Not always, but depending on your class, you'll take the Rank 1 stuff off when you have Rank 2. Then you go to a lower level dungeon, and your buttons don't work.

Honestly, with scaling, they should've made a way for all the spells to scale. It's really damn annoying to have to change up your playstyle depending on what dungeon you're in, when it has nothing to do with boss mechanics.

Goonsquad Officer
the arcanist skill ranks are different than one another so you use both. I don't like de-leveling as a summoner just because the class changes so much at higher level, with getting more aoe's, an fester being awesome.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, skills not auto-scaling down is one of those things that I was flabbergasted by because didn't the mmo industry learn this 5+ years ago?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ah, yeah, didn't think about that. Good call. I just haven't done lower level dungeons as something with ranked skills yet.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The most amusing thing about the down scaling thing are the few abilities it doesn't remove , essentially core job abilities.

Playing a low level dungeon as a Scholar is a nice , easy ride to watch your Fairy actually heal the entire thing 100% while you throw out the dots and just go along for the ride. It's like making them 5 man dungeons with an extra dps.

Artifa

N00b
It is somewhat stupid when they could have easily done scaling on higher level abilities. And there used to be a ridiculous thing where a deleveled to 20 Paladin can still use level 34 Stoneskin as a cross class skill. I don't know if they ever changed that. What classes is it really a big deal for though?

I can't think of a class that has more number rank skills than WHM and that's what I play. The Cures all have specific uses and obviously don't replace each other, Aero I is still a dps boost compared to not using it,, so you'd want both Aeros on accessible keys at 50. Stone 2, If I do a dungeon where it is grayed out, I just have the normal Stone on my bar in a less used spot and I drag-and-drop switch them until I'm done. Even regular Stone has a use at 50 though, as it has a 20s Heavy that you can use to kite things.

I understand for DPS classes that losing core abilities sucks and your rotation without them will be different than normal, so if that's what you mean, I guess I get it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It is somewhat stupid when they could have easily done scaling on higher level abilities. And there used to be a ridiculous thing where a deleveled to 20 Paladin can still use level 34 Stoneskin as a cross class skill. I don't know if they ever changed that. What classes is it really a big deal for though?

I can't think of a class that has more number rank skills than WHM and that's what I play. The Cures all have specific uses and obviously don't replace each other, Aero I is still a dps boost compared to not using it,, so you'd want both Aeros on accessible keys at 50. Stone 2, If I do a dungeon where it is grayed out, I just have the normal Stone on my bar in a less used spot and I drag-and-drop switch them until I'm done. Even regular Stone has a use at 50 though, as it has a 20s Heavy that you can use to kite things.
get it
I understand for DPS classes that losing core abilities sucks and your rotation without them will be different than normal, so if that's what you mean, I guess I .
Cross class abilities are usable at any level once obtained.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Final Fantasy XIVs Expectations, Prompts Earnings Forecast Increase - Siliconera

Square Enix original estimated up to a 2 billion yen ($20 million) operating loss, but thanks to Final Fantasy XIV and strong arcade sales Square Enix expects 4.7 billion yen ($48 million) of operating profit. That?s a significant turn around. Net income was adjusted from between 0 to a 1.3 billion yen ($13 million) loss to 2.6 billion yen profit ($26 million). All numbers are for the six month period ending on September 30, 2013.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone still playing? I haven't renewed my sub yet, but I just finished the "busy" season at work.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Still going strong playing 20ish hours a week. Few classes with DL gear and relics. Have not even touched Coil besides turn 1.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm casually playing all of my combat classes up to 50 and we did a BC 1-4 clear in 40 minutes last night. Most of the top guilds are doing 1-5 in under an hour because as soon as they fixed twisters Yoshi's 100 prediction was blown out of the water.

2.1 is unlikely to be a miracle patch but it will add more things to do and offer some system improvements. They've been very tight lipped on extreme primals and primal additions, not to measure the dailies and treasure hunting activities so it's hard to gauge the staying power and progression potential.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I'm playing quite frequently, up to turn 4 in Coil playing with a casual group of friends. I've been leveling everything slowly to 50 on the side to help keep my interest. A strong part to why I keep playing is due to the people I know in the game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Playing very frequently but I am still pretty far from the grind. Just got my first class to 30.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Different server but letting my sub run out tomorrow. Will likely renew it post 2.1 but right now levelling additional jobs is not fun for me. I prefer to use the DF but the exp is so lousy compared to the FATE spamfest. I struggle to run the same instance repeatedly for 3-4 levels when I'm getting 20-30% of a level per run assuming I've used up my rested exp and factoring in 30-40 minute wait times if I'm on a DD job.

Still going strong playing 20ish hours a week. Few classes with DL gear and relics. Have not even touched Coil besides turn 1.
I'm in the same boat. At the moment I have BRD, WHM and BLM at 50 with relics and DL gear, but have yet to set foot into Coils. I'm not sure how it is on other servers, but Cactuar is fucking weird in that there are really only a couple FC's with static groups and everyone else runs it with a revolving pug door that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I want to raid, but I want to do it with a static crew.