Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Bruman

Golden Squire
I felt I fully got my $22.50 out of it, and was totally worth it. I was "done with it" after about 3.5 weeks though, felt no desire to sub.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
It's below average on pretty literally every front, including non-gameplay things like connectivity and customer support. Grapics aside, I'd say nothing about this game lives up to the industry's most basic standards, though some things are good enough to function. The game also has some severe security issues and is run by a company specifically known to never fix shit. The only way I could possibly recommend FFXIV is if you have a unique craving for a new MMORPG that tries to be traditional (i.e. doing nothing new whatsoever) but has 2013 graphics. If you care at all about the quality of the actual gameplay, this game is a brisk step short of even the most reasonable expectations.
Completely disagree. Even though I'm done with it for now , it's a stable and fun game that's much better than most of the bullshit released in the past 5 years.

It's well worth the low box price and another month or two sub depending on your speed.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You can get a good amount of time out of the game if you don't just go at it hard every day. I am almost two months in and don't have a 50 yet.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I definitely got my money's worth out of it on the raiding / dungeon side which is how I enjoy games. Nowadays a 45 minute commitment to do the raid zone works perfect with the woman and other games I want to play.

I'll be playing more with the new content checking out the extreme modes, crystal tower, and PVP.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are you in California?
Upstate NY, 3-4 hours drive time from the servers no less. I'm sure it's something to do with the ISP routing, but good luck getting time warner to deal with that shit, if it's anything even in their control. Ping response is actually fine, it just randomly drops packets which totally fucks the game due to the way they do their movement/hit detection.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in Cali and get a lot of small lag spikes , is that a known thing?

This game must appeal to a certain kind of gamer. As someone who hasn't enjoyed an mmo since bc wow, I am also liking / liked a lot of elements in this game, as someone who enjoys raiding and not much else. Since I can only play a decent amt like 2 days a week , it felt like enough content for a while , with 2.1 coming out just in time for me. In that sense I think it's a good game for raiders / people who enjoy challenging encounters but don't have the time to put into a really deep endgame.

I have zero interest in crafting but I have some hardcore crafting friends from other mmo's and they seem to like what's available to them on that side of things.

Tldr- very little content at lvl cap. What is there is fun, with cool graphics , music, and very different encounters (talking about Hm primals and coil) that scale up the challenge and gear requirements nicely as you progress. Good for those with little playtime that still prefer to do something challenging with what little time they have ( so far finding twintania one of the more unforgiving encounters I've seen in an mmo)

Bruman

Golden Squire
What is the point of an alt when you can level any class on the same toon?
I took his posting to be referring to alt classes, not an alt toon. Because alt classes are horrible - all dungeons or FATE grinding, no solo quests to break it up typically, because most people use those on their first class.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
more myth points. i guess more coil. and soon tower loots. i was betting on tower loots for alt classes, but SE said no, fuck you, one loot per week.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Possibly the biggest non-expansion patch I've ever seen for an MMO.

Item sort and icons for gear that is part of a set, are both huge.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If they do 4 of these patches a year, I can forsee the game lasting for a long time. Im interested to see how well the response of the game changes with the actions changing and the server side stuff being put it.

Anyone that comes back to the game and finds themselves out of the FC, just ask to get back in. I hated shifting through a 250 person roster. Also we need 125m. We have 1m donated. I hate all of you that quit with money.