Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
if this actually ends up being delayed beyond midnight this will be the longest patchtime in my memory. I hope I get my $0.33 free day to compensate!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Bah. I was hoping to get online tonight, but looks like I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow after work. Lame.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, alot of quality of life stuff in as well.

The new datacenters for instances are pretty good/responsive too.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wondered wtf that was logging in, that was new with the datacenters. A lot of areas have been revamped with new artwork it looks like from the few minutes I was logged in too, looked nice.

Sidhe

<Banned>
Anyone done the extreme primals yet? How hard/fun are they?
I've done EM Garuda several times today getting people flagged. About to start Titan.

EM Garuda is really fun. It's a pattern boss like HM Garuda, but with entirely new patterns and a few extra things to watch. I think it's a really good difficulty level for the first EM Primal. More involved than Coil 1-4 but easy to farm once you know the fight.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a bit overwhelmed by how much new stuff there is. Needed tomes fast to get a myth piece so I just spammed a bunch of wp speed runs today, now deciding what to do. What's a good starting place, ct access quest?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So many prequests for everything, then get it down to just the dungeon running and still a bunch left. Got through the first 6 beastman dailies and downed garuda extreme but didn't do the treasure hunting and only 2/4 CT fates covered. Timers on those really a pain in the ass. 31-0 in PVP so far for rank 8.

Sidhe

<Banned>
CT access quest is pretty terrible right now because the FATE spawn timers are essentially bugged, and you could spend 4+ hours unlocking it if you're unlucky.

Moogle King is also a pretty long unlock, but the rest are very fast.

Extreme Mode Garuda is easy enough to do with a competent FC, or it will be puggable quite soon once strats get out there. It's all just doing the dance, without the reaction times required by Extreme Titan (who really isn't much harder than Hard, at least relative to the level of content).

I haven't done Ultima yet, but I've been told it's not really a hard fight, but just has a whole lot of things to dodge.

About to do my first HM dungeon. Did Pharos Sidius earlier and that was by far more challenging than AK ever was, so I have high hopes.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
got ultima downed tonight. shit was fun. got a healer chocker.
10 minute dps race.
rrr_img_53666.jpg

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
witch 1ru elle???

The Titan fight is pretty fun, there is a lot of revamped mechanics and his old last phase starts from engage including table flip. After the heart phase he now does 6 way landslides, adds that drop aoe slow, and new bomb patterns.

skylan_sl

shitlord
I barely had enough time to log in yesterday, let alone read the entire patch note that was posted. Do any of the new dungeons (besides CT) / Primals drop gear that is comparable or better than Coil?