Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Cool rundown on the classes Pyros, i'd +1 you if i could lol

I still really enjoy how ninjas play, imo they're one of the funnest DPS classes i've played in an mmo that i can remember simply because the idea of ninjutsu combos, having to memorize them into a rotation while staying out of danger etc. I still need to get better though, i let my attack speed buff drop due to miscalculated CD timing but that'll get better once im actually using rotations n shit.

two changes i would like but would probably never see: make Shukuchi (their blink ability) off gcd, and completely remove input buffering on mudras (ninjutsu hand gestures) because theres nothing worse than accidently buffering/double tapping a mudra and getting locked out of using any more ninjutsu for 20 seconds unless you blow your 2 minute cooldown. Alternatively allow more buffering so everything chains together regardless of potential latency.

Also still very curious on having a tank leveled up but im not sure if it would be a warrior or dark knight... everybody seems to be praising warrior DPS now which is appealing, but the whole purpose of resubbing was to get my DK on~

Needless

Toe Sucker
It already is.
Hmm so it is.. it just feels insanely unresponsive i guess so i didn't notice that. The amount of time it takes to actually 'blink' after hitting the button is incredibly delayed.

example:

If i mash death blossom and immediately try and use shukuchi it waits for the death blossom animation to finish before it even does anything. kind of defeats the purpose if it doesn't cancel the animation to allow immediate use

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Hmm so it is.. it just feels insanely unresponsive i guess so i didn't notice that. The amount of time it takes to actually 'blink' after hitting the button is incredibly delayed... the target reticle itself just seems really clunky.
You want unresponsive skills, get a Paladin to 50 and then press Hallowed Ground
smile.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Hmm so it is.. it just feels insanely unresponsive i guess so i didn't notice that. The amount of time it takes to actually 'blink' after hitting the button is incredibly delayed.

example:

If i mash death blossom and immediately try and use shukuchi it waits for the death blossom animation to finish before it even does anything. kind of defeats the purpose if it doesn't cancel the animation to allow immediate use
Sadly, that's the case with all abilities in FFXIV; they have to wait for the animation on the last ability to finish before they can do a new one.

Carl_sl

shitlord
i wish there were more non tank options for class that actually wear armor. I'm not trying to dps in a dress but in that case the dragoon is my only option... Working on a paladin now just because their armor looks pretty cool but everyone says they are boring.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sadly, that's the case with all abilities in FFXIV; they have to wait for the animation on the last ability to finish before they can do a new one.
Yeah thats unfortunate but oh well, doesn't ruin the rest of the experience really.

i wish there were more non tank options for class that actually wear armor. I'm not trying to dps in a dress but in that case the dragoon is my only option... Working on a paladin now just because their armor looks pretty cool but everyone says they are boring.
Dungeon crawls as a paladin is pretty damn boring.. it's 90% spamming flash from what i got out of getting mine to 35 on 2.0 launch.. which bored me out of playing the game until i came back a week before heavensward lol. I think this still seems to be the case even at max level from what people are saying.

Raiding is probably a lot different, but dungeons are just a chore.

Carl_sl

shitlord
My higher class is the conjurer and healing is DEFINITELY boring in this game. I know I need to be a dps if I'm actually going to find a class i want to play but I also want to be able to get in to endgame content quickly when I get there.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'm thoroughly enjoying the warrior. Trying to figure out what dps class to alt. Lancer is good and I could share my strength jewelry between them, but damn does Ninja look fun.

My only complaint to this point is that tanking is simplistic and the combat is clunky. Really, really wish in a game with telegraphs they would give you dodge rolls like in Wildstar.

Edit: Also, is there any point to the beast tribes factions now? Poetics are skipped by MSQ gear now I read, and the mounts are all ground pounders.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure the Balloon mount flies. There are minions you buy from them as well. Honestly though Beast Tribes were never ever about the gear. They are basically vanity shit 100%. If you aren't in to Vanity items, skip them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure the Balloon mount flies. There are minions you buy from them as well. Honestly though Beast Tribes were never ever about the gear. They are basically vanity shit 100%. If you aren't in to Vanity items, skip them.
Na the only mounts that fly are the mounts you're given in Heavensward(3 of them), the Griffon from the CE, Twintania from the recruit-a-friend thingie and your GC chocobo and fat chocobo from original CE. I don't think anything else flies. I know for sure beastmen stuff don't.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
My higher class is the conjurer and healing is DEFINITELY boring in this game. I know I need to be a dps if I'm actually going to find a class i want to play but I also want to be able to get in to endgame content quickly when I get there.
Healing looks like it would get a lot more fun high level. Not much goes on except tank damage until the high level shit. I've only done tanks / dps though.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I've looked at a couple parses from the raids and it looks like healers are expected to cast some damaging spells as well I guess but just tossin out some dots and the occasional nuke doesn't do it for me really. BLM seems like it would be fun because the higher level spell effects are really cool but fuck having to stand in a circle again, that was the whole reason I didn't want to play a wow mage.

I remember spamming lfg for hours on end in 11 as a warrior and that made me want to be a whm really bad because just the simple act of grouping was fun but in a game where you just burn through the content, my actions do need to be fun and puttin cure on repeat doesn't do that for me. I've raided as a healer in wow for almost all of my 10 off-and-on years in that game but right now I can't really remember why I liked it.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tried to make a trial account as well and never received an email to register. They really make it challenging for people to play.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In 2.0 raids, there was basically 2 healing styles, you were either the Scholar, which was mostly DPSing and helping with damage prevention and emergency healing here and there, and White Mage which was basically solo healing the entire thing with the help of the Fairy from the SCH and the SCH's help for the mechanics that needed it. WHM barely did any damage during raids(other than like burn phases when everyone's DPSing and shit like that). Not sure if that's how it's going to go for HW, but probably, that or both healers having to heal.

It's pretty fun later on, but for most of the leveling, healing is boring as shit.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I found leveling a scholar to be fine. You can quest as a dps and do fates as a dps and then switch to healer for dungeons. While in dungeons under like DD, I was able to summon Eos and just DPS while he healed the party. WHM was kind of boring, like you switch to Cleric Stance for 1-2 spells in a dungeon and then you are back to pressing 1 until 2 procs.