Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Whats the best way to level now? Got a 48 bard on Gilg but was gonna go Warrior but have no idea how to get back into it. Grind fates/dutys?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Palace of the Dead grinding, by far, especially as DPS. You'll still have to do the MSQ if you haven't already, but it's a very quick grind overall comparatively unless you queue as a healer/tank for all the roulettes that give good xp and clear the dungeons fast.

Or if you don't mind waiting a week or so and just buy the level 60 pass when it shows up on the mog station; it bypasses the MSQ and leveling process for one job completely.

Fates are kind of a ghost town these days unless someone is working on a Relic of some sort, and DPS dungeon queues can be quite long.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whats the best way to level now? Got a 48 bard on Gilg but was gonna go Warrior but have no idea how to get back into it. Grind fates/dutys?
First job or alternate job? If it's your first job do the Main Story Quest. That should take you through pretty much all of the content. When you have breaks in the main story content, unlock Palace of the Dead (New Gridania in the bar south of the Aetheryte) and run that. You should get most of the way with story content and enough runs in Palace of the Dead to be able to get a decent weapon for end game out of it.

Or wait two weeks and buy the story jump potion and character jump potion for a total of 40 bucks (rumored price from here) and skip all that crap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have a 53 ninja on one server and a 48 bard on gilg. Was gonna level up marauder/warrior on the bard character so most of the main quest is done. Gonna wait till storm launches to get back to the ninja as it appears they're streamlining the class which will be nice. I'll look into palace of the dead and see what thats all about.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a randomly generated dungeon. You can start on floor 1 or 51 with a "new save" or on a multiple of 10 (so 11, 21, 31, etc) if you last left off there. Every 10th floor there is a boss. You get exp after beating 10 floors. The exp is based off of your level and the level of floor you beat. It does not take gear, you have a special set of gear while in there that is just a number. That number goes up as you find more things with in palace of the dead.

For levels 1-15 hunting log and fates/leves are the best exp. After that your highest level dungeon is. If you are a dps the queues are generally long enough that Palace is the better option (it has no comp so you can do it with 4 dps). As a Warrior, just spamming your highest level dungeon is by far the most time efficient exp per hour.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man did the game get a graphical overhaul? Swear it looks / plays a lot better then when I was leveling the ninja. Dont remember marauders being fairly enjoyable early levels but it seems like that have better threat skills starting out now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Costa FATEs are still good exp around 30-38ish as an alternative to POTD. The three HW classes start at 30 so you can jump right in there. After that you are looking at POTD being the best since CCH is deserted (and frankly too large) while Nthan was nerfed heavily.

Palace of the Dead Exp

Leveling roulette also offers a chunk of experience for completing the daily, as well as some challenge logs like for FATEs and dungeon roulette completions so pay attention to how close those are to finishing and take a non-60 through to complete.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you want alternatives leve quests are also good exp along with the things Mala mentions. Nothing compares to PotD but the others aren't terribly behind. I personally don't mind PotD but I know some people get bored of it extremely quickly.

Malkav

French Madman
Just did like 38-50 on a DRK since yesterday, just spamming floors 51-60.
Really, it's the quickest and easiest way. People just faceroll it and it's like 75% of a level until lvl45 for a 15 minutes run. After that it's like 50% of a level until 50. It tanks after that but will be better once SB releases and the 50+ armory bonus is increased to 100%.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just going to list my findings for what I think is the fastest content for leveling an alt job.

Level 1-19 (1 hour 30 minutes)
  • 1-16 : Mobb tag with a friend
    • Best places would be South Shroud/East Shroud, or outside Aleport shrews/goblin camp.
    • Time investment = 1 hour
  • 16-19 : Daily Dungeon Roulette
    • Time investment = 30 minutes.
*Alternatively you can do 9 POTD floor 51-60 runs- Takes about 2 hours to 2.5 hours depending on queue times.
** If you need gear do Novice Hall at level 15.

Level 19-34 (3.5 to 4.5 hours)
  • 19-34: POTD floor 51-60 runs.
    • Requires 14 runs total.
    • Time investment = 3.5 to 4 hours
*Alternativley you can do 19-34 Camp Tranquil Leve: Adamantoise Tears - 4-4.5 hours (under 2 minutes per leve)
-Use a chocobo with the ability to cast regen, it will aggro the tortoises after you loot the eggs. Do "Black Market Down" as a high level job to force Adamantoise Tears to appear on the list if it is not available.

Level 34-55 (8.5 to 9 hours)
  • 34-55: POTD floor 51-60 runs.
    • Requires 35 runs total.
    • Time investment = 8.5 to 9 hours.
- Bulk of the leveling here , alternatively you can supplement some runs with the daily roulette. Doing the daily roulette over level 50 isn't worth the time investment compared to a single POTD run.

Level 55-60 (5 to 7 hours)
  • 55-56: The Aery (Dungeon)
    • Odd levels in dungeons will give you a chain bonus in Heavensward, the fastest method to level if instant queue and rested experience.
    • 3 to 4 runs required.
    • Time Investment = 1 to 2 hours.
  • 56-57: POTD floor 51-60 runs.
    • 4 runs total.
    • Time Investment: 1 hour.
  • 57-58: The Vault(Dungeon)
    • 3 to 4 runs required.
    • Time investment= 1 to 2 hours.
  • 58-59: POTD floor 51-60 runs.
    • 5 runs total
    • Time investment = 1 to 1.5 hours.
  • 59-60: The Great Gubal Library (Dungeon)
    • 3 runs
    • Time investment= 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
-You can substitute POTD runs at any point in any of the above sections.
-On even numbered levels, doing Grand Leves , and beast tribe quests are a fast alternative to POTD. Note that beast tribe quests require you to do the quest on the job your are leveling.
-In an ideal queue scenario or a full group, would take roughly 18.5 hours to get to level 60. It will probably be close to 8-10 hours when Stormblood is released.

When Stormblood is released it is likely that the armory bonus for 50-60 will increase from 50% to 100% greatly reducing the time it takes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FxFfHor.jpg

So close....

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a tank/healer/dps at 60 and kitted out with 230+ gear, so I'm ready to f around in stormblood. My crafters/gatherers are in almost BIS (Melds the primary holdup) and the rest of my classes are at least mid 40s if not mid 50s. I just don't feel like grinding more than I -need- to at the moment, especially with the 100% armory bonus coming for 50-60.

At this point I'm just working on old-ass beast tribe quests from ARR because I completely neglected them the first time around. My daily logins are like 30-40m long at worst hah.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I have a tank/healer/dps at 60 and kitted out with 230+ gear, so I'm ready to f around in stormblood. My crafters/gatherers are in almost BIS (Melds the primary holdup) and the rest of my classes are at least mid 40s if not mid 50s. I just don't feel like grinding more than I -need- to at the moment, especially with the 100% armory bonus coming for 50-60.

At this point I'm just working on old-ass beast tribe quests from ARR because I completely neglected them the first time around. My daily logins are like 30-40m long at worst hah.
The hell?! What sever you play on?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was on Gilgamesh but the last expansion login shenanigans and friends scared me off to Sargatanas. That and there was like... 4 people? In the LS/FC at like absolute most back during HW release it seemed. It was like, Krip, Alkorin, J Mandar and I forget the other guy who was on regularly.

Sargatanas isn't the lowest pop server in the world, but it's gotta be leaps and bounds better than trying to get into either Balmung or Gilg come early release hah.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Legit, I'm casual enough where I don't need a hardcore static or anything, so the actual size of the server isn't a major issue for me. But those auto-hotkey login shenanigans or the 2hour queue times are for the birds hah