Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
I've had more time to look at the SB WHM mechanics and the Lily/Confession stuff sounds pretty underwhelming. Not gonna change off WHM as my main, but take that RNG shit out of here. Not digging that lillies result in CDR for our 60sec cooldown abilities. I feel as if I could just ignore playing around the new mechanics and do just the same.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Literally anything if you aren't planning on doing bleeding edge raids etc. For shortest queue times on dungeons/trials/etc, play a healer or tank. So warrior, paladin, dark knight, astrologian, white mage, or scholar. Bonus points on scholar for also leveling summoner so you can dps if you want to.
Scholar it is then. Read the Reddit ffxiv and some say the class took a nerf but nonetheless still an awesome class to play. I saw YouTube videos showcasing them solo bosses like Shiva, Leviathan etc.

I totally forgot everything about this game and I'm literally learning everything over again. The 2.5 sec cast time on a lot of spells is something I'm not use to. Are there mods or addons for this game like WoW.? I'm just wondering how can you heal a party or raid in this game.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Scholar it is then. Read the Reddit ffxiv and some say the class took a nerf but nonetheless still an awesome class to play. I saw YouTube videos showcasing them solo bosses like Shiva, Leviathan etc.

I totally forgot everything about this game and I'm literally learning everything over again. The 2.5 sec cast time on a lot of spells is something I'm not use to. Are there mods or addons for this game like WoW.? I'm just wondering how can you heal a party or raid in this game.
2.5sec forces u to macro or spam your buttom

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm

No mods or addons, other than third party damage meters you can run on PC. As for healing, all the fights in the game are very scripted, including healing. Scholar is rarely the main throughput healer in raids, usually your job will consist of using spells and cooldowns to mitigate raid damage before it happens, and being the primary dps healer. Healing is completely different from a game like WoW, the only real triage healing in the game is when things go sideways and someone messes up. At later levels as a scholar you will get the ability to spread your shields to the entire group, and have aoe heals to compliment them. Over 50% of healing in raids is done via aoe spells.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is Giglamesh still the server most play on from the forum? I played when RR came out and only got to level 38 and I might come back to play this.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Most of us are on Gilg, but if you don't already have a character on there it's locked off to new characters and transfers for a while.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm on Tonberry, kind of the default Oceania server so majority are English speakers but on the JP data center. Good for someone like me that plays early morning hours.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Resubscribed after about 10 months to catch up to the end of the MQ stuff and I forgot how much I loved the music in this game. The theme in normal Pharos Sirius is awesome.

Araxen

Most of us are on Gilg, but if you don't already have a character on there it's locked off to new characters and transfers for a while.

I have a level 38 BLM from before so I'm good there if I decide to come back.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm thinking it's time to make (yet another) Linkshell for <this board name> shenanigans, especially if there's a chance of cross-server linkshells coming during 4.x

Yea or nay?

This is directed to Gilgamesh people, specifically.

Needless

Toe Sucker
There any good youtube nerds that break down the class changes? I don't think i have any interest in ninjas anymore so i'm going to switch. Red Mage looks pretty sick but i'm trying to find a good breakdown on the DRK/MNK changes

Malakriss

There any good youtube nerds that break down the class changes? I don't think i have any interest in ninjas anymore so i'm going to switch. Red Mage looks pretty sick but i'm trying to find a good breakdown on the DRK/MNK changes
FFXIV Stormblood Role Analysis: Tanks
FFXIV Stormblood Role Analysis: Healers
FFXIV Stormblood Role Analysis: Melee DPS
FFXIV Stormblood Role Analysis: Casters
FFXIV Stormblood Role Analysis: Ranged DPS

Those have been the best info I've seen on changes for role abilities and individual classes. Of course, everything still subject to change.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What day of the fuckin week does this company send out the returning player emails Jesus. It's like they don't want me to play