Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Fuck, forgot early access was today... anyone know if I "pre order" now through psn will I still get in or too late?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was one of the lucky ones that got through the MSQ bottleneck early I guess. Made it to Ruby Sea before work and there was maybe 3 other people there with me.

I'm on Malboro though, I feel bad for you Gilgamesh people on a hype day like this.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This reminds me of Warlords of Draenor release, when literally millions of people were in the instance to erect the Garrison on the last step and Blizz thought it was a great idea to make that single instanced entryway the only way to move the story forward and actually start the WoD shit.

Apparently bottlenecks based entirely on available hardware are still completely in fashion.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't go back to trying the MSQ, I will tomorrow, I did manage to get my Red Mage to level 55 though in the meantime so not a total loss. :)

I really like the gameplay of the Red Mage so far...it's very flashy. :)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's bugging the fuck out of me that the Red Kojin have red shells, and the BLUE Kojin have GREEN shells.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just bought the Steam collectors edition of it, but can't register any code to get early access :( Tried both the register site and the mogstation. Only got two codes from the steam purchase, and the main one can't be added until the 20th so assumed the other one would work. Maybe I didn't pre order early enough, did I have to pre-order before early access to get early access? I have opened a ticked for it.

Not played since Heavensward launched, finished that but not played any patches since. Is there a lot of main questing to go until Stormblood? I remember when I got Heavensward it took tons of quests to actually unlock it.

Hopefully it will be possible to play through the content super casually since I am no doubt kicked out of my previous FC and know nobody else who plays this. Basically a newb in bad gear,only have to 60s, summoner and scholar. Highest trade level 12 botanist :)

Installing game now, and hopefully my main code works at least on the 20th.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got some reward in my mailbox about some video recruitment my FC did and we won? Thing is I wasn't in a FC when I logged in so must've disbanded or kicked me.

What exactly was that?

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I got some reward in my mailbox about some video recruitment my FC did and we won? Thing is I wasn't in a FC when I logged in so must've disbanded or kicked me.

What exactly was that?

Were you in Kriptini's? Midgets Without Pants I think it was called.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I started fresh on Goblin server as a gladiator and I've only experienced minor ques. The bonus experience for starting on a new server is awesome which lasts until level 60. That along with the FC exp buff I'm flying through the levels. I'm acually 7 levels ahead of my MSQ level and I've skipped some side quests. It would be even more if I had the pre-bonus earrings that gives you +30% exp bonus. Anyway at this rate I should be 60 in no time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

What exactly was that?

That campaign was back from like 2 years ago, before Heavensward lol.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Just bought the Steam collectors edition of it, but can't register any code to get early access :( Tried both the register site and the mogstation. Only got two codes from the steam purchase, and the main one can't be added until the 20th so assumed the other one would work. Maybe I didn't pre order early enough, did I have to pre-order before early access to get early access? I have opened a ticked for it.

Which register site are you using ? Guessing FINAL FANTASY XIV ?

Only think I can think of is make sure it's in the right area (EU or US - I think they have separate registration sites)

If anyone needs help with Aether Currents there's a couple of decent links here :

XIVCurrents

Stormblood Aether Currents Location

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
This MSQ block is asinine. They should just make it a queue like logging in, at least then you know youd have a chance.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
And this is only early access, might get worse at actual release.

My Red Mage is 58, I'm actually thinking of switching to it from Scholar. I love the scholar, but really enjoying the mechanics of the Red Mage. I was just doing it to pass time because of the MSQ block. It was a fun class, but started to really enjoy it at 54 when I got a heal since he was so fragile, and I was so used to scholar getting heal from pet, and itself...killing was slow but scholar is close to unkillable. Red Mage kills pretty fast but is a glass canon, having a heal helps a lot...especially since my chocobo is a tank and has no heal. I think I will respec it, but it cost like 40k seals or something like that.

Still have some time to decide, I want to get it to 60 and gear him up in255 white gear, to really compare how he plays with similar level/gear to the Scholar.

Decisions, decisions. :)